Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I have a stray cat...Now with PsIP

No pictures yet. 

I actually think he might be a TNR cat, his ear is tipped. I picked him up from a friend and it was dark out, so I didn't notice until I got home that his ear was tipped.

He's super friendly though, so now I don't know if I should just leave him alone since he's a TNR, or try to find him a home. He's clearly not feral, he's very loving and playful. And he uses the litter box. My gut says he'd be a great house cat. Anyone want him? :)  

Re: I have a stray cat...Now with PsIP

• Also, I love him already. He is a big, laid back boy. If I didn't already have three cats, I would keep him.

I called him "new cat" this morning and DH was like, "WHOA, no! FOSTER. He's the foster cat!"

I said, "Yep, that's what I said, "new cat". :)

We really can't keep him, but someone needs him. He is freaking awesome.  

• DH and I have picked up and adopted out some ear tipped kitties before!  If they're social it's not hard.

Sam's name was "New Cat" at his foster home.  She named him that so he wouldn't have a real name and she wouldn't get attached.

image "...Saving just one pet won't change the world...but, surely, the world will change for that one pet..."
  • image kellbell1919:

DH and I have picked up and adopted out some ear tipped kitties before!  If they're social it's not hard.

Sam's name was "New Cat" at his foster home.  She named him that so he wouldn't have a real name and she wouldn't get attached.

This makes me feel better. He's super social. He let me carry him around, flip him over like a baby and rub his tummy, he rode on my shoulder for a bit. He's really laid back and friendly.

He's in the garage in a big dog kennel with a bed, food, water, and a litter box. It's warm out there since DH set up a heating system because he works out there a lot. I can't bring him inside, we just got Penny finally settled and not peeing on things. The garage is the best we can do. But it's better than outside. I go out to play with him whenever I can.

He hates the dogs. I let Roxie in the garage just to see how he was around them, and he was not happy. I think he could probably get used to dogs, but I just don't have the time or space to facilitate that. 

He has to be someone's lost cat. He's well-fed and he smells kind of like perfume? Maybe it's kitty shampoo? I don't know.

I'll keep looking.  

• He is beautiful!  We do have some people around here who make use of the free TNR services for their own indoor/outdoor cats and the TNR vet clips all cats' ears.  Or he may have been dumped by someone and acted feral when he was trapped (this happened to me a lot when I did TNR).

image "...Saving just one pet won't change the world...but, surely, the world will change for that one pet..."
  • One of my former employees found a cat with a TNR ear.  He was super friendly and had a home (found thanks to a microchip.) 
  • He's handsome! If you haven't already - post on Eville Lost Pets on FB :)
    Mom to:
    Miles (6 year old Maine C00n mix), Boots (5 year old Lab mix), Darla (4 year old GSD/Collie mix), Frankie (1.5 year old DSH mix), Peanut (15 months old - 09/11), and Bean (arriving Feb 2013).