Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

F/U to My Bed Post Below

Who has the Cal King, and do you like it, or find that it's overkill?
image image

Re: F/U to My Bed Post Below

• We have a California King.  I definitely don't find it overkill, I love it!  Although if they made a bed that was as wide as a king and as long as a Cali King I would totally buy that (they might make this now but they didn't when we last bought a bed).  We have the California King size because DH is 6'7'' and his feet hang off smaller beds but I appreciate the larger bed too.  We love the extra space.
    My sweet boy
    imageimage
  • I think it depends on where you need your room.  Cali Kings are 4" longer but you lose those 4 inches in width.  Our dogs slept perpendicular to us so we need those 4" in width rather than length.  Plus we aren't a tall family.
  • image snansley:
    I think it depends on where you need your room.  Cali Kings are 4" longer but you lose those 4 inches in width.  Our dogs slept perpendicular to us so we need those 4" in width rather than length.  Plus we aren't a tall family.

This is where we're at. Would you recommend a King in this case? We have totally debated getting a second Queen size bed, but it sounds a little ridiculous. 

image image
  • image KatelynS07:

image snansley:
    I think it depends on where you need your room.  Cali Kings are 4" longer but you lose those 4 inches in width.  Our dogs slept perpendicular to us so we need those 4" in width rather than length.  Plus we aren't a tall family.

This is where we're at. Would you recommend a King in this case? We have totally debated getting a second Queen size bed, but it sounds a little ridiculous. 

Like two queen beds side by side? That would be awesome.  The regular king is fine for us now.  We had a queen before when we just had one furry bed hog and it was way too small.  Even with two dogs, we have room now.  I also like being able to use normal king size bedding and not hunting down special sizes.  Maybe its easier than I think.

• image snansley:
    image KatelynS07:

image snansley:

Like two queen beds side by side? That would be awesome.  The regular king is fine for us now.  We had a queen before when we just had one furry bed hog and it was way too small.  Even with two dogs, we have room now.  I also like being able to use normal king size bedding and not hunting down special sizes.  Maybe its easier than I think.

I feel completely ridiculous even entertaining the idea, but yes, we've been thinking about two Queen beds side by side. I think we'll be checking King size beds out in the very near future. Merry Christmas to us lol 

image image