Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

A Bed Question

ETA: For those of you with King+ sized beds who don't mind sharing, can you say how many pets you have that sleep in your bed?[Poll]
image image

Re: A Bed Question

• We have a queen. There's a full bed in the guest room that we had the first year in our house.

I try to get H to let the furkids in the bedroom at night at least every now and then. But it's hard, since Sammy likes to get into EVERYTHING starting around 3 or 4 a.m., and Zoey moves around so much, she keeps H awake.

I would be perfect happy with all 3 of them smooshing into bed with us, but H likes his space.

image image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since July 2012
    BFP #1: 11/9/13; spontaneous m/c at 6w2d, 11/25/13
    BFP #2: 12/31/13. B/w 12/31: betas >1000, progesterone 13.6; B/w 1/2: betas 3065, progesterone 10.2
    B/w 1/8: betas 17,345, progesterone 25.6
    Progesterone suppositories started 1/2. Please stick, baby!!
    Fiona Elise born 9/9/14 - welcome beautiful girl!
    Badge Unicorn
  • I didn't want to vote, since we have 2 small dogs.  We have a king size, and let both sleep in the bed.  One snuggles in between the 2 of us, or between our legs.  The other one sleeps on the edge of the bed.

*TTC since 10/11* 
    BFP: 9/30/12, EDD: 6/15/13
    *~*Our miracle arrived on 6/13/13*~*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image LuckyAngel07:

We have a queen. There's a full bed in the guest room that we had the first year in our house.

I try to get H to let the furkids in the bedroom at night at least every now and then. But it's hard, since Sammy likes to get into EVERYTHING starting around 3 or 4 a.m., and Zoey moves around so much, she keeps H awake.

I would be perfect happy with all 3 of them smooshing into bed with us, but H likes his space.

DH and I both love having them snuggle with us in the bed. Normally just one of the cats and two of the dogs sleeps with us for the whole night. Because they are all short hair, they are getting really cold. We may end up putting sweaters on all of them and seeing if that helps some.

No one gets into mischief in our bedroom, so I don't see a reason to crate them, and when they cats play, they play in the living room and their bedroom. I'm really leaning towards getting a Cal King and being done with it.  

image image
  • image gatorwife:
    I didn't want to vote, since we have 2 small dogs.  We have a king size, and let both sleep in the bed.  One snuggles in between the 2 of us, or between our legs.  The other one sleeps on the edge of the bed.

Our biggest pup is the one that HAS to be under all of the covers snuggled in between DH and I. She's 65 pounds, it's ridiculous. 

image image
  • We bought a new bed when we moved into the new house so we went with a king.

DH and I aren't very good bedmates; our sleep styles and schedules are very different. With the king bed, we don't notice the other getting in or out of bed. It's fantastic.

Petey prefers to have his own space when he sleeps, so he wouldn't cuddle in bed with us. (Plus, I don't trust him yet.) Bently is an excellent snuggler, but our bed is so large that DH usually doesn't notice B's in bed.

If Bently's not sleeping in bed, the cats are. Leo prefers to share our pillows and Napoleon sleeps at the foot.

• image KatelynS07:
    image LuckyAngel07:

We have a queen. There's a full bed in the guest room that we had the first year in our house.

DH and I both love having them snuggle with us in the bed. Normally just one of the cats and two of the dogs sleeps with us for the whole night. Because they are all short hair, they are getting really cold. We may end up putting sweaters on all of them and seeing if that helps some.

No one gets into mischief in our bedroom, so I don't see a reason to crate them, and when they cats play, they play in the living room and their bedroom. I'm really leaning towards getting a Cal King and being done with it.  

We can't even fit a King bed in our bedroom, so we don't have the option until the day comes we move and hopefully have a bigger bedroom! H definitely wants at least a King!

Scamp is the pet with the best "bed etiquette." She's content to curl up at the foot and just be nearby; a couple of times she's come up and slept right ON my chest, but I kind of liked having that warm fuzzy weight on me, haha.

H would love to have Zoey sleep with us all the time, but she's got to learn her bed etiquette first. If she had it her way, she's sleep right on top of us! As it is, she squeezes as close as possible to one of us or the other, but then H says she squirms/tosses/turns a lot during the night, and every movement wakes him up. We need to get her to just stay at the foot of the bed. Then we'd probably let everyone in. :)

image image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since July 2012
    BFP #1: 11/9/13; spontaneous m/c at 6w2d, 11/25/13
    BFP #2: 12/31/13. B/w 12/31: betas >1000, progesterone 13.6; B/w 1/2: betas 3065, progesterone 10.2
    B/w 1/8: betas 17,345, progesterone 25.6
    Progesterone suppositories started 1/2. Please stick, baby!!
    Fiona Elise born 9/9/14 - welcome beautiful girl!
    Badge Unicorn
  • Sierra's probably not quite medium sized, but I voted anyway.  She's ~20lbs.  We have a queen.  She doesn't always sleep in the bed with us, but she seems to take up a huge amount of bed when she does.  We are considering a king when we upgrade to a new bed.
    my read shelf:
    Erika's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Oct Angel Babies Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have a queen and our two cats sleep on top of the covers, usually by our feet. I often find myself pinned down between two cats. A few times a week I'll wake up with a cat on top of my butt or between my knees. That always makes it "fun" to try to roll over, lol.