Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Mad Men

Today I got on Netflix and decided to watch the pilot episodes of a few popular shows that I've never seen to finally see what they're about. The list: Mad Men, Vampire Diaries, Bones.

Well I started with Mad Men and ended up watching 5 episodes. Never made it to the other shows. I think I'll have to watch them all now!

Re: Mad Men

• Mad Men is such a good show!  That pilot seems like it was a million years ago.
    Quincy and Dexter, new BFFs

I used to be kris216.
  • I've been meaning to start it, but I started Felicity and Parenthood instead so it'll have to wait. Hopefully it doesn't disappear anytime soon. I love Bones! I started watching it on Netflix when I was pregnant and I've been hooked since.

Also, I went back and read your spoiler post on Felicity after I started watching and I'm mad she doesn't end up with Noel. I love Scott Foley though so I keep watching, hoping the ending will somehow change.

• image Pumpkin701:

I've been meaning to start it, but I started Felicity and Parenthood instead so it'll have to wait. Hopefully it doesn't disappear anytime soon. I love Bones! I started watching it on Netflix when I was pregnant and I've been hooked since.

Also, I went back and read your spoiler post on Felicity after I started watching and I'm mad she doesn't end up with Noel. I love Scott Foley though so I keep watching, hoping the ending will somehow change.

Felicity! Oh well, you already know how I feel about that one. Smile

And I LOVE Parenthood. I think it's my favorite non-cable current show. 

I'll stick check out Bones. In spite of feeling late to the party on these shows, I really enjoy being able to watch all of the episodes back to back!

• image dexteroni:
    Mad Men is such a good show!  That pilot seems like it was a million years ago.

I bet it does! I'll be finished with season one tonight or tomorrow at the latest. Smile

• I watched all 4 seasons over the summer. It took me most of the first season to really get into it, but once you're hooked, you're hooked!
    Gretchen Evie, born 7/8/2012 at 35w5d
  • So 4 seasons have aired? What months do new shows air?
  • it varies each year, this season took longer to start filming due to contract negotiations.  I believe it airs in March?
    Gretchen Evie, born 7/8/2012 at 35w5d
  • image pugznploons:
    I watched all 4 seasons over the summer. It took me most of the first season to really get into it, but once you're hooked, you're hooked!

yeah, this was my experience too.

i wasn't hooked until the end of the first season, but after that...it was on!

even during the beginning of the first season when i didn't love the show, i still recognized that it was fantastically written and had great acting/characters.

hurry up 2012, i need my mad men fix!

• Once I saw the first two episodes on netflix, we watched 7 episodes in one day and finished 4 seasons in 5 weeks.

I'm in love with Mad Men. March can't come soon enough!