Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

dog has been sick and randomly throwing up

TIA for your thoughts.  I have already taken him to the vet and will be returning tomorrow morning but am trying to figure out what is going on.

He started randomly throwing up in the middle of the night about 10 or so days ago (just one time during the night each time).  The third night it happend, he was gagging himself to throw up but nothing was coming up. 

I also need to add, he was completely normal during the day, playing, eating, drinking water, poop is normal, etc.

I took him to the vet the next morning (Wednesday) and they ran a few tests (all came back normal).  Fortunately, he started to do his "gag" and they said it appeared to be an upper respitory infection.  He started an antibotic treatment.  He has lost one pound in 3 months, but we think that is because he slept and was very dosile during the 110 degree weather this summer (when he got weighed).  He now runs and plays for hours each day. 

I thought he was feeling much better, he stopped throwing up and was sleeping through the night.

Last night (Saturday night), we came home around 9pm (we left around 330), we had found he had thrown up 9 times around the house.  All spots were either food or the color of food.  His poop was normal.  Then last night we were up on and off for 3 hours with his gaging.  He again seems fine this morning-ate a treat, drank water, etc. . .

I am bringing him back to the vet tomorrow but I am just at a loss with what is going on!  I want my baby to feel better!!

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: dog has been sick and randomly throwing up

• Did you find out what is wrong with your pup? Could he have eaten something that is causing a blockage? Throwing up that many times is not normal for a dog so you are right to go to the vet!