Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Does anyone have a Chiweenie?

2»

Re: Does anyone have a Chiweenie?

• Education reaches far more people than alienation folks.

This board has a rep of people being too afraid to ask questions.  There are no stupid questions, just stupid answers.  

• For the record OP.  We have a doxie and a chi (two totally separate dogs :)) and the potty training was the pits and still is with the chi, but both loving loyal breeds so a mix maybe would get the best of both.
  • I have a chiweenie and i absolutely love him you might even say i have lost my mind over him. A chiweenie is a cross bred as you have found out they are extremely affectionate. A chiweenie is very low maintenance, but they seem to attach themselves to one person and that is really the only person that they really have a close bond with. I am totally nuts about my Mr. Jax.
  • image lilladydolphin:
    I have a chiweenie and i absolutely love him you might even say i have lost my mind over him. A chiweenie is a cross bred as you have found out they are extremely affectionate. A chiweenie is very low maintenance, but they seem to attach themselves to one person and that is really the only person that they really have a close bond with. I am totally nuts about my Mr. Jax.

A chiweenie is a mutt. There is no such breed as a chiweenie.... or a goldendoodle, or a shipooh. Please go read our FAQs- it explains why calling a mutt by a silly made-up name causes the death of millions of animals every year.

Every chi/doxie mix is different. There is no breed standard. Yours may be affectionate, someone elses may be standoffish. Yours may be low-maintenance, someone elses may require a ton of exercise and grooming. 

• I have one! I am giving her away for free, she is about 3-4 years old. Reply for more information.
  • I have a 4 year old Chiweenie that I am giving away for free, she has no shots though. She is very playful, unable to jump on furniture, and is best to be an only dog in the house because she is easily dominated over.
  • image YoungPlanner:
    I have a 4 year old Chiweenie that I am giving away for free, she has no shots though. She is very playful, unable to jump on furniture, and is best to be an only dog in the house because she is easily dominated over.

Way to honor your commitment to care for your dog for life