What's Cooking?

How do you pay w/ someone elses credit card?

Do you signed their name or your name?? This is probably the dumbest question EVER but I'm about to go order lunch with my boss's credit card and I'm not sure how I should sign. Thanks :)

Re: How do you pay w/ someone elses credit card?

• I don't think you are supposed to use someone els's cc.  The company won't know that you are authorized to do so.  I would just sign their name and nto say anything.  Although that is probably illegal.  I'm not telling!  Stick out tongue
    Cole Alexander 6.9.10
  • Jane Doe for John Smith

Thats what I would do

• Well I know you're not SUPPOSED to but I kind of have to in this situation, so I'm curious what the best thing to do is
  • image ses1199:
    I don't think you are supposed to use someone els's cc.  The company won't know that you are authorized to do so.  I would just sign their name and nto say anything.  Although that is probably illegal.  I'm not telling!  Stick out tongue

i was about to post the same thing.  technically you're not allowed to. but i feel like using their credit card and signing someone else's name is two illegal things - but signing your name won't authorize the purchase.... so.....

ExerciseMilestone
  • You just sign their name.  That's it. No questions will be asked.  I do it quite often for my boss...and my husband.
  • I always sign my name, if he gave you the card that means he gave you permission to use it so shouldn't be any trouble.
  • Tell your boss to get of her/his lazy ass and go get lunch for you. 

This is coming form the person who always has to pick up lunch for everyone else, return clothing, pick up personal items, etc.

Can you tell I'm sick of my job?

Cole Alexander 6.9.10
  • I always have to go get lunch too! :(
  • I always sign my name.  They gave you permission.  It is not like you stole his cc and are using it for your own personal items.  This way if there is any dispute later, you can say that you signed your name for all of the times that you were given permission to use the card.  Would a thief sign his own name or the name on the card??
  • Always sign your own name!  I dealt with this when I worked in the college bookstore and students would use their parents' cc.  We told them to sign their own name, since otherwise it would be forgery.
    photo photo RainbowHeart_zpsd6c5d296.jpg
    Married 05.24.08
    Missed m/c discovered 07.25.12 at 8w5d- Always loving our Peanut
    BFP #2 EDD 06.08.13
    "For this child we prayed..." (1 Samuel 27)
    So excited to meet Amelia Catherine!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • noone ever looks at what you sign. my husband finds it funny and signs random names all the time.
  • When I used my bosses card or one of my departments cards I always signed my name.  I also do the same when I use my DH's card at the store.
  • This thread is interesting ... I had no idea you could use someone else's card and sign your name. Many places still check IDs. 

I guess I'll try to use DH's sometime.

My Food Blog - Oishii

Photobucket

Levi 4.21.10
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Visit The Nest!
  • image nestinginjapan:

This thread is interesting ... I had no idea you could use someone else's card and sign your name. Many places still check IDs. 

I guess I'll try to use DH's sometime.

I was just at the mall to buy a book and the women in line ahead of me only had her card and no ID and they wouldn't sell her the book. She had to leave and go get cash out of an ATM.  I guess it just depends on how thorough the sales person is. 

Cole Alexander 6.9.10