GP Moms
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

How far along were you when..(Poll)

I know every person is different, but just thought I would ask...

How far along were you when you started to show?

How far along were you when you needed to buy maternity clothes?

How far along were you when you needed to buy bigger underwear?  bigger bras?

How far along were you when you announced to everyone you were pregnant?

Jessica

Reggie imageimage
Madison Lynn image image
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: How far along were you when..(Poll)

• How far along were you when you started to show? I started showing at around 10 weeks (which I think is kind of early)

How far along were you when you needed to buy maternity clothes?  I am 13 weeks today and I could atleast use some maternity pants but haven't made my way to the store yet.

How far along were you when you needed to buy bigger underwear?  bigger bras?  I'm 13 weeks and still ok with my underwear, but the bras are getting kind of snug so I'm sure I'll need new ones real soon.

How far along were you when you announced to everyone you were pregnant?  We announced in stages (immediate family early on, close friends a little after, etc etc).  Everyone knew at 11.5 weeks once we had the NT Scan done.

Jessica

Reggie imageimage
    Madison Lynn image image
  • How far along were you when you started to show? I bloated up immediately, like 7 pounds worth of water, so it was more obvious to me at the start. But I guess to everyone else, maybe 4 months.

How far along were you when you needed to buy maternity clothes? Right away thanks to said bloat.

How far along were you when you needed to buy bigger underwear?  bigger bras? Underwear, not for a long while; bras probably 3-4 months. Not everyone is like that, but mine were huge immediately.

How far along were you when you announced to everyone you were pregnant? Parents at 6.5 weeks, immediate circle 12 weeks, everyone else 18-20 weeks.

• How far along were you when you started to show?  Early, like 8 weeks.  I had IVF bloat and twins though.  It was REALLY apparent at 12 weeks.

How far along were you when you needed to buy maternity clothes?  like 6 weeks, again IVF bloat.

How far along were you when you needed to buy bigger underwear?  bigger bras?  underwear around 20 weeks, bras around 16 weeks.

How far along were you when you announced to everyone you were pregnant?  We announced on FB right after our NT scan around 12 weeks.  Immediate family knew right away.

My little love bugs!

[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/oup4ki.jpg[/IMG]

TTC since January 2010 w/ PCOS, Stage 3 Endo, and MFI

May 2010- 50mg Clomid + TI= BFN

July 2010- 50mg Clomid + IUI= BFN

August/September IVF #1- BFP, M/C at 6 weeks

Feb 2011 IVF #2.1- Long Lupron- Cancelled

March 2011 IVF 2.2- Antagonist,ER 3/29, ET 4/3 2 blasts

Beta #1 8dp5dt-151, beta #2 10dp5dt-311 beta #3 12dp5dt 572

Beta #4 16dp5dt-2703 U/S on 5/5 showed TWINS!

PAIF/SAIF always welcome

Formerly MrsT.52309

Blog
  • How far along were you when you started to show? 16-17 weeks

How far along were you when you needed to buy maternity clothes? I was fully in them by 13 or 14 weeks, mostly because I loved them and they gave me room to breathe!

How far along were you when you needed to buy bigger underwear?  bigger bras? I bought new bras in early 2nd tri, but never needed new underwear.

How far along were you when you announced to everyone you were pregnant? 10 weeks.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • How far along were you when you started to show? The first "stranger" noticed at around 12w

How far along were you when you needed to buy maternity clothes? 8w. Tons of bloating.

How far along were you when you needed to buy bigger underwear?  bigger bras? Never did.

How far along were you when you announced to everyone you were pregnant? 11w or so. After the NT scan.

? My IVF miracle ? image
    GP BFF's w/2bK!
  • How far along were you when you started to show? I had bloat right away but an actual bump, probably around 16 weeks.

How far along were you when you needed to buy maternity clothes? I started buying them around the same time i started to show.  I could have gotten away with my old clohtes but they were not comfortable any more.

How far along were you when you needed to buy bigger underwear?  bigger bras?  never needed bigger underwear. I always wore low rise thongs and those were fine the entire time.  I needed bigger bras by the end of first tri.

How far along were you when you announced to everyone you were pregnant? I told my mother the day I got the +hpt, everyone else was around 14 weeks I think. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How far along were you when you started to show? I would say around 10 weeks or so

How far along were you when you needed to buy maternity clothes? I was in maternity capris by 7-8 weeks. Everything else was to tight around my tummy and it made me feel like I wanted to vomit

How far along were you when you needed to buy bigger underwear? I never bought new panties. I wore mostly boys shorts bigger bras? never had to buy a new bra either.

How far along were you when you announced to everyone you were pregnant? My immediate family: 6w5d, Dh's family: 9w the rest of the world around 11 weeks

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/35in8yx.jpg[/IMG]

Baby Wearing, Extended Breastfeeding, BLWing, Cloth Diapering, Vaccine Delaying Mommy!
  • How far along were you when you started to show? Around 14-15 weeks, people I knew well started to say I was showing. Around 20 weeks, people I didn't know well noticed. I was fluffy to begin with so that had something to do with it, I'm sure!

How far along were you when you needed to buy maternity clothes? I bought a BeBand around 7 weeks to help with the bloat and then a pair of under the belly maternity pants around 12 weeks, and tried to make those two things work. I had lots of flowy regular tops I wore for a good part of my pregnancy. I really started buying maternity clothes around 16-18 weeks because they were just more comfortable!

How far along were you when you needed to buy bigger underwear?  bigger bras? Probably around 12-15 weeks, I bought several pairs of underwear the next size up. I got a few new bras around then, too, when my old ones were too tight.

How far along were you when you announced to everyone you were pregnant? We told our families at 9 weeks (Christmas day!), close friends the following week and I told my boss when I was about 13 weeks (then the rest of my coworkers). We waited until our anatomy scan and finding out if we were having a boy or girl before putting anything on Facebook (we also had some out of town friends we wanted to tell in person/over the phone before making a FB announcement).

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/abegail_anne/meme__witty_on_internet__willy_wonka__by_lpawesome-d4qul71.jpg[/IMG]

"We prayed for this child, and the Lord has given him to us." 1 Samuel 1:27

Diagnosed with PCOS February 2010/BFP November 2010!
  • I'm going to answer for pregnancy #1

How far along were you when you started to show? To family 12weeks, to strangers 16-18 weeks

How far along were you when you needed to buy maternity clothes? Started wearing maternity pants 10-12 weeks, shirts shortly after

How far along were you when you needed to buy bigger underwear?  bigger bras? Don't think I ever bought bigger underwear - it just stretched. Bras was pretty early in the 1st Tri

How far along were you when you announced to everyone you were pregnant? 9 weeks

• How far along were you when you started to show? I remember noticing a big difference between 15 and 16 weeks.

How far along were you when you needed to buy maternity clothes? Due to bloat I was in maternity pants by the end of my 1st trimester.  Shirts I was able to wait awhile longer

How far along were you when you needed to buy bigger underwear?  bigger bras? I don't remember for underwear.  I didn't need a bigger bra until my 3rd trimester

How far along were you when you announced to everyone you were pregnant? We told our parents and siblings right away and my two best friends.  Everyone else we told after our NT scan, sometime after 12 weeks.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers BFP 7/25/09, M/C 8/21/09; BFP #2 10/13/09, Derek Joseph born 06/30/10; BFP #3 7/21/12, Andrew Chase born 12/27/10 at 26 weeks 4 days
  • How far along were you when you started to show? Maybe 10 weeks....I have two though and I still don't feel too big at almost 17 weeks.

How far along were you when you needed to buy maternity clothes? 11 weeks or so..Mostly pants.

How far along were you when you needed to buy bigger underwear?  bigger bras? Bra around 12 weeks. No bigger underwear yet.

How far along were you when you announced to everyone you were pregnant? 12 weeks after our meeting with the MFM.

~*~Nestie Besties with Hollylb3~*~
    After 2+ years, open-heart surgery, and 3 IUIs,
    our two miracles are here!
    My Blog!
  • How far along were you when you started to show? I was bloated by 8 weeks but I really popped at about 13/14 weeks. Right now everyone is saying I must have twins or I am further along.

How far along were you when you needed to buy maternity clothes?  I am already in maternity tops and beband. I ordered a working maternity pants still waiting for it to get here but I need it desperately.

How far along were you when you needed to buy bigger underwear?  bigger bras?  I might need bigger bras in the next couple of weeks but so far so good.

How far along were you when you announced to everyone you were pregnant? We told my mom and his mom immediately. We told the rest of the immediate family at 12 weeks. I told my boss at 12 weeks and my other coworkers just found out in the last week or so.

Our New Home! Renovation Underway! The Law Nest
    TTC Journey
    7/2008 - begin TTC
    7/2009 - began charting
    9/2009 - Dx Endometriosis
    10/2009 - HSG/SA (Normal)
    12/2009 -6/2010 - Lupron #1 & 2
    Sep-Nov 2010- Clomid Cycles #1&2 = BFN
    Dec 2010 - Clomid Cycle #3 = BFP (1/11/11);no h/b (2/10/11); D&C (2/23/11)
    5/11-6/11 - herbal tea regime = BFN
    7/24/2011- herbal tea regime = surprise BFP
  • image andricjl:

I know every person is different, but just thought I would ask...

How far along were you when you started to show?---- Noticeable to other people I was about 18 weeks.

How far along were you when you needed to buy maternity clothes? ---- I only bought a few shirts really. Probably 20 weeks.

How far along were you when you needed to buy bigger underwear?  bigger bras? ---- Undies I didn't need to. Bras, after Jake was born.

How far along were you when you announced to everyone you were pregnant? ----We told our closest friends and immediate family right away. Everyone else waited until ten weeks.

Jessica

Mr. & Mrs. O: Est. 6/27/2009, Jacob Ryan 3/3/2010, Owen Matthew 8/14/2012!
    :::In My Life, I've Loved You More:::
    CHARTS

• How far along were you when you started to show?  I started feeling like I looked pregnant around 16-18 weeks.  I think I really started showing (to where strangers could tell I was pregnant) sometime around 22 weeks.  I was heavy to begin with so I just looked chubbier for a long time.

How far along were you when you needed to buy maternity clothes?  Maternity pants--around 12 weeks.  I swear my a$$ and hips got bigger immediately, and the waistband of my regular pants made me nauseous.  Maternity pants were Heaven.  Maternity shirts--not until closer to 20 weeks, I think.

How far along were you when you needed to buy bigger underwear?  bigger bras?  I don't remember....I think not until 3rd tri.

How far along were you when you announced to everyone you were pregnant?  Family and a few very close friends--8 weeks;  Work--13 weeks; the whole world (FB announcement LOL)--not until ~20 weeks.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I'm going to answer this for both PGs I guess.

How far along were you when you started to show? #1 people noticed around 18 weeks, #2 people noticed around 12

How far along were you when you needed to buy maternity clothes? #1-I was not fitting in my size 1 jeans by 15 weeks. after having baby I'm a size 3. They still fit and button up with #2 and I'm at 21 weeks now. 

How far along were you when you needed to buy bigger underwear?  bigger bras? #1 I think 2nd tri I went up a size in bras, panties never changed.  #2- I can still wear all my bras. My boobs haven't grown much this pregnancy.

How far along were you when you announced to everyone you were pregnant? #1 at 8 weeks after we saw the heartbeat. #2 we waited until  12 weeks.

• How far along were you when you started to show? Around 20 weeks last time (visibly to other people). This time around no one can tell yet still

How far along were you when you needed to buy maternity clothes? 16 weeks for pants last time, over 20 for tops. Still not even close this time, my jeans still fit fine

How far along were you when you needed to buy bigger underwear?  bigger bras? After 20 weeks, don't remember exactly. Maybe even closer to 30

How far along were you when you announced to everyone you were pregnant? Last time parents at 12 weeks, everyone else at 14. This time parents at 11 weeks (earlier appoint), haven't really told anyone else yet

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• How far along were you when you started to show? I feel like I'm showing now, but DH and my family say otherwise.

How far along were you when you needed to buy maternity clothes? I don't need them yet.  I do have the Be Band, but sometimes it feels like more work than it's worth.

How far along were you when you needed to buy bigger underwear?  bigger bras?  I haven't needed bigger underwear, but I had to get bigger bras around 12 weeks when I went up almost 2 cups.

How far along were you when you announced to everyone you were pregnant? We announced to immediate family around 8/9 weeks, extended family around 11 weeks, and to everyone else around 12.5 weeks.

Fightin' Phils image
    *Nestie Bestie with Jemma8* Sprouting A Bean

• How far along were you when you started to show? DH and I could tell the difference by 16 weeks, but to most people I wasn't obviously pregnant until 24-25 weeks.

How far along were you when you needed to buy maternity clothes? Pants around 15 weeks, I drowned in the tops until much later

How far along were you when you needed to buy bigger underwear?  bigger bras? Still wearing the old undies, some are snug though. I bought bras around 24 weeks and again around 30 weeks.

How far along were you when you announced to everyone you were pregnant? Family after u/s at 8 weeks, my boss and casual conversation early 2nd tri, and FB around 16 weeks or so.

• How far along were you when you started to show? I started getting bigger in the abdomen around 12 weeks, but I didn't look obviously pregnant until around 19-20 weeks (and even then, I'm sure some people still aren't sure).

How far along were you when you needed to buy maternity clothes? I bought maternity pants around 12 weeks because my regular pants were so uncomfortable (and I'm not a fan of the BeBand). Shirt are becoming necessary in the past few weeks, as my old ones don't cover my belly anymore.

How far along were you when you needed to buy bigger underwear?  bigger bras? Bigger bras - 6-8 weeks. I was up two cup sizes at that point, and now even these ones are getting too small. Underwear - I bought a few larger pairs about a month ago. Some are still too big, some are fine. It kinda depends on the style.

How far along were you when you announced to everyone you were pregnant? We waited until 12 weeks to announce to most people, though I haven't come out on FB (DH has) or to my whole office yet.

[IMG]http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj616/crocmomma/A586F09B-9FE0-4E76-B965-94B77993AF12-3777-000003EE2B0781DB.jpg[/IMG]
  • How far along were you when you started to show?  About 16 weeks

How far along were you when you needed to buy maternity clothes?  I needed summer clothes for vacation at about 12 weeks but about 18/19 weeks for everything else.

How far along were you when you needed to buy bigger underwear?   About 25 weeks I switched from g-strings and thongs to granny panties...so much more comfortable!  bigger bras?  30 weeks...so disappointed with the girls not growing much.

How far along were you when you announced to everyone you were pregnant?  Most family and close friends we announced between 9 and 13 weeks, "fringe friends" at about 15 weeks, FB announcement was at about 16 weeks, work was 14 weeks.  I loved having a "secret" with DH for a while. 

Daisypath baby
  • How far along were you when you started to show?  14 weeks according to me; according to DH 16 weeks

How far along were you when you needed to buy maternity clothes? 19-20 weeks.

How far along were you when you needed to buy bigger underwear?  bigger bras? underwear: right away. I like feeling comfty. Bras: not yet.

How far along were you when you announced to everyone you were pregnant? Mom: 6 weeks; Rest of my family and DH's family 12ish weeks; Boss 17 weeks; friends 15ish weeks; People we know but wouldn't call friends: from 17 weeks on (we went to a wedding and most everyone asked about kids so we told them).

image image image
    LO born 1/28/12
    "Things may not go the way we plan, and they may not go according to the timeframe we want but the blessings will come." -jajsundevil
  • How far along were you when you started to show? About 12 weeks.  I feel like that's a little early.

How far along were you when you needed to buy maternity clothes? I started wearing maternity pants at 12 weeks because they were more comfortable than messing with the be band.  I have some maternity shirts and some shirts in a a L or XL that are non maternity.  And 3 men's t-shirts because they are comfy, and $2 each.

How far along were you when you needed to buy bigger underwear?  I feel like I am there now.  I will be buying some this weekend.  bigger bras?  12ish weeks..Maybe 11 weeks.  I feel like they got bigger again and might need larger ones.  H is obviously loving this "side effect."

How far along were you when you announced to everyone you were pregnant? 12 weeks.  It was too hard to hide it any more.

edited

Visit The Nest!
    5 cats. 1 baby.Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For my pregnancy with DS:

How far along were you when you started to show? around 15 weeks for myself. Probably closer to 18 weeks for others to notice.

How far along were you when you needed to buy maternity clothes? I bought maternity jeans at 14 weeks. I also got some looser and empire waisted regular shirts around that time. Probably more out of excitement than necessity. 

How far along were you when you needed to buy bigger underwear?  bigger bras? I never bought bigger underwear. I bought bigger nursing bras towards the end. 

How far along were you when you announced to everyone you were pregnant? 13 weeks

• How far along were you when you started to show? In an obviously pregnant way, probably around 20 or so weeks. Before that I just looked fat. I gained a lot in my thighs and butt, for some reason.

How far along were you when you needed to buy maternity clothes? Right away for me, too.

How far along were you when you needed to buy bigger underwear?  bigger bras? I never bought bigger underwear, but I got bigger bras probably around 20 weeks, too. I bought all nursing bras so I could keep wearing them after delivery.

How far along were you when you announced to everyone you were pregnant? Parents and sibling immediately, local friends at about 10 weeks. Extended family and co-workers at the start of second tri and FB right before the gender scan (so, 20 weeks).