GP Moms
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Recommend your cream/lotion to prevent stretch marks...

I believe I have heard that coco butter lotion is helpful in preventing stretch marks, but I could be totally wrong on that..haha.  Recommend your cream/lotion to try and prevent stretch marks.  I figure there is no time like the present to try and prevent them from coming.

Thanks!

Jessica

Reggie imageimage
Madison Lynn image image
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Recommend your cream/lotion to prevent stretch marks...

• I'm curious about the responses too :)
    [IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/2ljs5tc.jpg[/IMG]
  • Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but stretch marks happen depending on your body, not what creams you use.  Certainly hydrating your skin is important, but it really all depends on the elasticity of your skin.

Fightin' Phils image
    *Nestie Bestie with Jemma8* Sprouting A Bean
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image nishe:
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but stretch marks happen depending on your body, not what creams you use.  Certainly hydrating your skin is important, but it really all depends on the elasticity of your skin.

Yup. This.  I used Palmer's coco butter stretch mark lotion.  What's even more frustrating is that I was stretch mark free until 36 weeks.  Talk about a tease :) 

Now I'm using Bio Oil after to try to lighten them.  I will say, even 3 months pp, they do look better now that they're not angry and red. 

Our little flower

• Unfortunitely, nothing prevents them. If you are gonna get them then you are gonna get them. My ILs ( who are both in the medical field) told me to use vitamin A oil. It will just smooth them out though and help them shrink but not prevent them. Id still lotion like crazy just for hydration. Your skin will get very dry and itchy. HTH!!
    M/MC on 6/2010
    DS: 12/19/2011

Anniversary

• image nishe:
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but stretch marks happen depending on your body, not what creams you use.  Certainly hydrating your skin is important, but it really all depends on the elasticity of your skin.
    This. Unfortunately you're genetically predisposed. If you're going to get them, there isn't anything you can do. Definitely keep your skin hydrated to avoid worsening them (because they can itch!) and cocoa or shea butters are great.
    Mr. & Mrs. O: Est. 6/27/2009, Jacob Ryan 3/3/2010, Owen Matthew 8/14/2012!
    :::In My Life, I've Loved You More:::
    CHARTS

• I got some wicked stretch marks during my first pregnancy even though it only lasted 7 weeks and I used coco butter then. Now I am using Bio Oil and so far no new stretch marks and the existing ones are much lighter. I say go for the Bio Oil since apparently it helps prepare the skin on your tummy for stretching as well.

Our New Home! Renovation Underway! The Law Nest
    TTC Journey
    7/2008 - begin TTC
    7/2009 - began charting
    9/2009 - Dx Endometriosis
    10/2009 - HSG/SA (Normal)
    12/2009 -6/2010 - Lupron #1 & 2
    Sep-Nov 2010- Clomid Cycles #1&2 = BFN
    Dec 2010 - Clomid Cycle #3 = BFP (1/11/11);no h/b (2/10/11); D&C (2/23/11)
    5/11-6/11 - herbal tea regime = BFN
    7/24/2011- herbal tea regime = surprise BFP
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I always thought it was genetics however,  I noticed some on my boobs in first tri and started using bio oil. I was so sick and couldnt be bothered moisturizing prior to noticing them.  That was my mistake.  I never got any more and I never got any on my belly or anywhere else for that matter.  My mother got them with me and I was always told that I would get them as well.  I didn't. 

A friend also used bio oil and never got any, her mother has a ton.

• image nishe:

Uh, yes, this.  I don't even like pointing to genetics either, because my mom had 6 kids and no stretch marks.  There are 4 girls in our family, me and one sister got them, the other two didn't.   

ETA:  We all have the same mom, but, 2 of us have one dad, 2 of us another dad.  Each of the dads produced a girl that got stretch marks, so, me and my sister who got them have different dads.  I don't know why that came out to sound so complicated, but, I hope you get what I'm saying. 

[URL=http://alterna-tickers.com][IMG]http://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/4/4hl5xb8gc.png[/IMG][/URL]
  • What everyone else said. The bad ones didn't appear to after she was born!
    [url="http://cheapcheapfrugalmom.blogspot.com/"]Cheap, Cheap, Cheap-My deal & coupon blog![/url]