Decorating & Renovating
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

ndr - halloween costume ideas

does anyone have any good ideas for a couples costume for halloween.

dh and i are going to a friends party and its the first time i've dressed up in years ! and i suck at coming up with ideas

we've had the suggestions --

school girl/priest

red riding hood/big bad wolf

daphne/fred

playboy bunny/hugh

i'd like something thats not obscure, but not anything over done ... thanks !

Re: ndr - halloween costume ideas

• image the domesticated newlywed:

does anyone have any good ideas for a couples costume for halloween.

dh and i are going to a friends party and its the first time i've dressed up in years ! and i suck at coming up with ideas

we've had the suggestions --

school girl/priest

red riding hood/big bad wolf

daphne/fred

playboy bunny/hugh

i'd like something thats not obscure, but not anything over done ... thanks !

DH and I did red riding hood/big bad wolf one year, then my folks borrowed the costumes, and then DH's. While it's been done, its a really fun couples costume. Cleopatra and a Pharaoh is cute too. Last year Dh and I went as a 1950's couple.

• Mario/Luigi

Lois and Peter Griffin (Family Guy)

The D*ick in the box guys from SNL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Last year we did a family thing but it could work as just the couple.  H was Woody from Toy Story, I was Bo-Peep and DD was a lamb.
  • A few years ago, I dressed up as an angel.  DH dressed as Charlie Sheen from 2/12 men.  Easy costume....bowling shirt, khaki shorts, socks and loafers.  Along with a beer or liquor bottle in your hand.  (He was the envy of every guy at the party who had to dress up in more elaborate costumes)

How is this a couple's costume you may ask........ He was Charlie, I was an Angel....therefore together we were "Charlie's Angel"  Embarrassed

• We've never done a couples costume but we are thinking of being a zebra/safari hunter or a bee and a beekeeper this year.

My friends have been a deer/deer hunter, 'Bikers' (on a motorcylce and one a pedal biker), prom king and queen, a rainbow and pot of gold, and football player/cheerleader.

• I think the Shrek costumes are soooo cute!!  Easy to do also.
  • My DH really prefers to stay in real clothes on Halloween, so I told him I'd get him a long dark curly haired wig, cut it a little past shoulder link, and have him wear a football jersey and carry a bottle of Head and Shoulders...  Whichever football player that is :)  I've also gotten him a cheapo Walmart red and black flannel shirt, and then had him grow out scruff and carry paper towels (Brawny Man).  I'm considering being a french maid this year.  We typically don't do matching costumes, but last year we went as Team Taylor (he was Jakob and I was Taylor Swift).

Pepper, the not so wonder pup
  • Brand & Andy from the Goonies

Zack & Kelly from Saved by the Bell

I saw an awesome bikini costume of pinterest, but I can't find it now.  Each person had on a white tshirt painted too look like one half of a bikini top, and had a big huge beach ball shoved up under it.  Alone, doesn't make sense, but when they stood next to each other...funny stuff :)

• Cheerleader and Football player

Prince/Princess

criminal/cop or 2 cops...

• DH and I went as Pebbles and Bambam last year,
  • our best one we have done so far is bonnie and clyde best part it was soo easy. we both already had pinstriped suits. 
  • image Makena:

Brand & Andy from the Goonies

Zack & Kelly from Saved by the Bell

I saw an awesome bikini costume of pinterest, but I can't find it now.  Each person had on a white tshirt painted too look like one half of a bikini top, and had a big huge beach ball shoved up under it.  Alone, doesn't make sense, but when they stood next to each other...funny stuff :)

Hahaha I love the Zack & Kelly costume!!

Vacation Follow Me on Pinterest