Money Matters

NMMR: Muscle size poll -- kind of an XP from H&F

There was a poll on muscle size on Health & Fitness.  I'd be interested to see how the answers here compare to the answers from the H&F crowd.

What do you think of her body?

Re: NMMR: Muscle size poll -- kind of an XP from H&F

• Probably a smidge bigger muscles than I'd want, but her body is pretty much amazeballs.

PersonalMilestone

• image I*am*Ali:
    Probably a smidge bigger muscles than I'd want, but her body is pretty much amazeballs.

This.

• Obviously she's super fit, but her arms are a bit TOO toned, IMO.
  • image I*am*Ali:
    Probably a smidge bigger muscles than I'd want, but her body is pretty much amazeballs.

Agree.  I don't want to look as manly as my husband but I wouldn't be complaining if I looked like that.

• Little more muscle than I want (but just a little) her body though his pretty smok'n.
  • Manly. This type of look is NMS and not something I'd strive to achieve.
  • I think she looks great.  Maybe a bit too muscly, but I would still rather have her body than my own.
  • I wouldn't complain if I were to wake up with this body. To get picky, I think dude biceps on a chick are weird and gross.
  • Her arms are too muscley for my tastes but she does look good.
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image Kore!:
    Manly. This type of look is NMS and not something I'd strive to achieve.

I'm with you -- she definitely should be proud of it, but it is definitely bulkier/more manly than I'd want to be.

• I would not want to be that bulky.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Much too muscular for me.  I can appreciate a well toned athletic body, but this is just too bulky for me.
  • She's a little bulkier than I would like to be.  However, I wouldn't be upset if I looked like this:

• I think her body is perfect.

If my SO didn't like me being more fit/cut than they are, they better step up their game!

She looks exactly how I would want to look - and I am so far.  So, so far.  Crying

• A little too built up for my tastes.  If I put her and me together and split it down the middle I would look great though. 
  • I think those arm muscles make her boobs look weird. 
  • Honestly, it is her chest and stomach that are too cut for my taste, I don't think her arms are bad.  So, no, I wouldn't strive for this body.
  • i think she looks great, but my DH would say that is too muscular. 

Training blogTwins and Triathlons

Post Partum PRs:
    5k: 18:32; 5k with stroller: 20:32; Half Mary: 1:32:40; Oly tri: 2:28:52; sprint tri (750meter swim): 1:11:49

Up Next:
    Breaking all my PRsimage
  • Too bulky/masculine, both in her arms and her midsection. 

The photo count the stars posted is a nice amount of muscle.  Definitely toned but not so bulky.  She's still slim and has a waist. Although maybe still a bit too much definition - maybe 20% less would be perfect.  And the saddest part is, I could probably attain something close to that.  I have the time, and access to the proper equipment.  I just don't do it.  Sad.

Quincy and Dexter, new BFFs

I used to be kris216.
  • image count the stars:

She's a little bulkier than I would like to be.  However, I wouldn't be upset if I looked like this:

I think the original pic is a smidge too buff. The above pic would be perfect for me.

Meet Beyonce Jr.

Call me Kat =^..^= Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image gumiberg:

i think she looks great, but my DH would say that is too muscular. 

this.  DH prefers a "softer" look (his words).  I would LOVE to be that cut. She looks amazing!

• image BAMFMrsB:
    image count the stars:

She's a little bulkier than I would like to be.  However, I wouldn't be upset if I looked like this:

I think the original pic is a smidge too buff. The above pic would be perfect for me.

This is much more in line with what I'd like to look like.

• I like the boxer pic better, too.
  • Ditto Kore, it's NMS. For me personally, I just want to be fit and a little bit toned to be happy. Thank goodness my DH likes me a little bit thick and juicy. This is part of the reason why I love him. Lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think she looks super fit, but I wouldn't want to look like that.  I like my curves.  I'd like to be a tad more toned, but that would be too much for me.  
  • I think she looks great. I can't imagine what kind of gym time that would take. I have some VERY fit/strong friends and they're not that cut.

I would prefer something like this. I'm not a big fan of big muscles.

• A little too muscular for me, but I'd take it ;)
    Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • I agree, a little too much bulk for me. I feel like women who are really muscular somehow lose their curves? Start to look more square. I would love to be thinner than I am, but without losing curves and 'softness'.
  • If my options were that or what I have now (well, pre-pg) then I choose that hands down! But ideally, a little less in the arm muscles.  Although I am pretty sure if my arms were that jacked I could beat DH in arm wrestling - and that would be fun at least once.  Any more then that, I think would really hurt his ego Stick out tongue
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker