New Jersey Nesties

Little pimple/wart looking things on toddler arms & legs

DH thought that S got some mosquito bites the other day when they went out for a walk, but now I see a few more on her arm and they are not mosquito bites. They are small bumps that look somewhat like pimples or warts. She has like 3 on one arm and one on her other hand, plus a couple on her legs.

Any idea what they are?

Re: Little pimple/wart looking things on toddler arms & legs

• google Keratosis and see if thats what it looks like. Also called "chicken skin"..

Caleb and MH both have it. Our ped gave us a cream to put on it but it didnt do anything. Luckily Brielle escaped without it (so far)

• image Jezebel1228:

google Keratosis and see if thats what it looks like. Also called "chicken skin"..

Caleb and MH both have it. Our ped gave us a cream to put on it but it didnt do anything. Luckily Brielle escaped without it (so far)

Hmmm... could be, but hard to tell. All of the pictures have a lot of bumps and she only has a few. 

• may be just a reaction to something then...? Do you have any Benadryl cream? I usually use that on any unidentified bumps of that nature and give it a few days to see what happens.
  • Nicholas has these.  I have to ask the ped about it next time.  The are hard bumps that are not red, but flesh colored
  • Our DD has something called Molloscum. It is little pimple/wart like growths that are actually a virus. They appear mostly on the extremeties (arms and legs). Riley has them near thr front of her shoulder blade only on the left side. It can be treated a couple of ways, usually with an cream unless in a severe case. Her ped said it can spread if she itches it and can last up to six months. Hope this helps!