Politics & Current Events

This post KILLED ME!

The first time she actually slept through the night, I woke up in the morning totally refreshed and CONVINCED that she was dead.  But I didn't go in there to check because she would be just as dead after I showered and I didn't want to wake her up on the off chance that she wasn't dead.  Stellar parenting, right here.

Click me, click me!

Re: This post KILLED ME!

• Sounds like the kind of logic I'd use.

• I aint gonna lie....it would cross my mind
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i have totally been there!

LOL

I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
  • omg - this was me most mornings (or nights) that she slept well.
  • Oh, God. That is SO awesome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Yes,I'm smiling...I'm a marathoner!
    Bloggy McBloggerson
    CO Nestie Award Winner-Prettiest Brain-Back to Back!
    2011 Bests
    5K-22:49 10K-47:38 Half Mary-1:51:50
    2012 Race Report
    1/1-New Year's 5K-22:11
    2/11-Sweetheart Classic 4-mile-29:49
    3/24-Coulee Chase 5K-21:40
    5/6-Colorado Marathon-4:08:30
    5/28-Bolder Boulder 10K
  • hahaha i swear i have had similar thoughts. my kid STILL has sleeping issues and when it's quiet late in the morning i can't decide if i should check on her and risk waking her or just screw it. that's why new baby will have a video monitor!

imageimage Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • image nic326:
    I aint gonna lie....it would cross my mind

me too. I like that chica.

"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • You know you're a parent when...
    A big old middle finger to you, stupid Nest.
  • H woke BabyLiu up on Tuesday while I was in the shower b/c she had slept all night and he was convinced something was wrong. But when I express the same thought, I'm a freak.

Unfair.

Team Basement Cat image Knitting&Kitties
  • Absolutely. I've been there.
    image Josephine is 4.
  • Thanks, HAB :)

Sometimes I say stuff like that and people are all Tongue Tied Indifferent

Other times, I say stuff like that to normal people and they get it.

image image

• image Jermysgirl:

Thanks, HAB :)

I know the feeling. LOL That's why I edited out your name just in case it wasn't taken the way it was meant. lol

Click me, click me!
  • image hindsight's_a_biotch:
    image Jermysgirl:

I know the feeling. LOL That's why I edited out your name just in case it wasn't taken the way it was meant. lol

Thanks for thinking of my reputation...hahaha!

image image

• That's how you know you're a parent? Dude, I stare at my dogs most mornings to see if their chests are moving up and down because I don't think they are breathing.  I did the same thing to my DH this morning.  And yes, the "well, if they're dead, they're dead" thought comes into my head.

I'll make such a wonderful parent, won't I?  :P

April is National Grilled Cheese Month. How are you celebrating? image
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one who has thought this. I remember laying in bed awake one morning contemplating if to go check on him but being outright scared to.
  • I don't have kids, and that would be me.

• Been there - done that.
  • As a non-parent this post scares the crap out of me.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimage AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• image Jermysgirl:

I'm so glad my friends are normal.....I tell them this all the time and they say "me too."  Then, we laugh.   Laughter is good:) 

• LOL. I have totally had that thought process, too.
    Lori, mom to Avery born 4.3.07
    my read shelf:
    Lori's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • While I understand the thought, and I honestly don't judge anyone for thinking this, based on the past of a regular of this board, I think this is not the board to have this post on. 
  • image hindsight's_a_biotch:

The first time she actually slept through the night, I woke up in the morning totally refreshed and CONVINCED that she was dead.  But I didn't go in there to check because she would be just as dead after I showered and I didn't want to wake her up on the off chance that she wasn't dead.  Stellar parenting, right here.

I guess I'm the only one that takes it the step further and convinces myself I still have to check b/c I would convince myself afterward she wasn't fully dead all the way prior to the shower, and then screw myself out of the shower by waking her up.

• I LOL'd, because, yeah, totally would've been me.

But, this thing is why I didn't much have to worry about it.  I watched my baby nephew for a few weeks and kept waking him up while checking on him.  When I found that when I was pregnant, I sprung for it (really, I found it for $10 at a yard sale, but I would of bought it outright).  It was a huge mind-saver.

However, we stopped using the movement part of it a long time ago, and sometimes I have those thoughts now ;)

image image image image image image Beckett*Gizmo*Charlie*Little Kitty*Hudson*Chiggy <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D
  • This is like, half of why I got an Angelcare monitor.  holla.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image broccolitree:
    This is like, half of why I got an Angelcare monitor.  holla.

it was at least  75% of why I got mine.  and i couldnt' tell you what the other 25% was.  :)

• image KittyCatBio:
    image hindsight's_a_biotch:

I guess I'm the only one that takes it the step further and convinces myself I still have to check b/c I would convince myself afterward she wasn't fully dead all the way prior to the shower, and then screw myself out of the shower by waking her up.

I had this argument with myself a dozen times or more.

But mine usually also included the theory that I would be judged less harshly if I was the grubby mother of a dead baby, rather than the selfish hor who showered while her baby lay lifeless in his crib.

I