Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Food trailers/must eat restaurants/things to do.

hello again, DH and I will be visiting Austin this cmg wkd, any suggestions on awesome must eat restuarants?food trailers - ive heard there are good ones on congress?? if so, which ones do u recommend?

also, things to do? we will only be there for two days.

thanks!!  

Re: Food trailers/must eat restaurants/things to do.

• I was in South Congress last night and get got food from two food trucks - Fat Cactus Navajo Tacos (fry bread Omg) and The Flying Carpet (Moroccan). They were both really good.
  • I love brunch at S. Congress Cafe and Moonshine Cafe on the weekends. A fun place to get breakfast tacos (an Austin MUST, as far as I'm concerned) is Maria's Taco Express on S. Lamar. 

Some very Austin-y things to do are seeing the bats fly out from under the Congress bridge, the Alamo Drafthouse for movies, and Barton Springs.  

Business Cat. image
  • My other favorite restaurants in Austin are Magnolia Cafe, Kerbey Lane, Trudy's and Amy's Ice Creams. If you have the time to make it out to Dripping Springs, The Salt Lick is amazing bbq but the wait is usually really long.
  • If you like BBQ, Franklins BBQ on 2nd street is the hot spot right now. The food is delicious!! but get there early because they do run out...and quick!! Brisket and sausage are amazing and the espresso sauce is awesome!

If you are wanting to do brunch, South Congress Cafe is the way to go. They have appeared on Food Network for their carrot cake french toast and have some pretty awesome food. Their bloody marys are also the best I've had in town.

and... if you are looking for some good southern cooking Jack Alan's Kitchen is amazing with unique dishes. If you go on Sunday they have half off apps. This is another place that definitely stays packed.

Hope I could be of some help =)