Minneapolis/St. Paul Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Book Club Discussion: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks

This month's Book Club book was The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks.  Did anyone read it?  What did you think?

Re: Book Club Discussion: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks

• I just cannot get into it!! It's intense, and emotional, and a little too dry at times. I'm trying though. My husband loved it. 
  • I loved it. I'm thinking of suggesting it to the "real life" book club I just joined.
  • I think it's a really important story and I'm glad the author wrote the book. 

A few spots were a bit slow but overall I found the book incredibly fascinating.  The ethics of tissue/cell ownership related to medicine has become a very hot topic so it was interesting to read about the specifics surrounding Henrietta's case.  

Is anyone else glad they aren't the Greek guy whose name was shortened and given to a certain gyn. procedure?  I'll never think of a pap smear the same way again!  Poor guy.  :-) 

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/ao51eb.jpg[/IMG]