Minneapolis/St. Paul Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

No State Fair post yet?

Are you going, if yes, when?

Any new foods you want to try?

What food do you always get?

What attraction do you make sure you see?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: No State Fair post yet?

• We aren't going this year...  We did go to the Steele County fair this last weekend though.  
    [center] [IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2qu7ipz.jpg[/IMG] [/center]

[center] Our 5 year anniversary trip to Peru. [/center]
  • Are you going, if yes, when? I go every year with my family, we are going this Sunday

Any new foods you want to try? I thought the deep fried cookie dough sounded yummy but the more I think about it, it sounds way too rich

What food do you always get? Cheese on a stick

What attraction do you make sure you see? The Bazaar

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We're going sometime over Labor Day weekend, that's our only option.

I'm intrigued by the sweet corn ice cream. I feel like it will be awesome or horrible, but I'm not sure which.

My standard things that I always get are: cheese on a stick, lefse, 1919 root beer, and french fries.

I always like the arts & crafts building. And the cattle barn, I don't know why but cows fascinate me.

Mr. Sammy Dog
  • We won't be able to make it this year. We are busy this weekend and out of town labor day weekend. I will miss having cheese curds :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image bmcapra:

Are you going, if yes, when? Either next Friday pm or next Saturday.

Any new foods you want to try? Not that I know of.

What food do you always get? Cheese curds and corn on the cob

What attraction do you make sure you see? Miracle of Birth Barn and the Pet Barn

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Are you going, if yes, when? Friday during the day, and then Heart and Def Leppard that night:)

Any new foods you want to try? Every year I want to try a deep fried candy bar and never do, this might be the year if someone will share it with me

What food do you always get? Garlic fries

What attraction do you make sure you see? Probably the bazaar, DH always has to go through the animal barns
    image Samuel Robert 4/4/11 (Photo by Gruman Photography)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Are you going, if yes, when? Labor Day

Any new foods you want to try? I haven't seen a list, I need to search this out

What food do you always get? cheesecurds and mini donuts

What attraction do you make sure you see? Not much, do all the buildings

"image image
    The big sister, and Momma 30 weeks along with baby sister
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Food Blog, Family and Baby Blog
  • I'm soooo excited, I can barely stand it!!

Are you going, if yes, when? Yes, this weekend!

Any new foods you want to try? chocolate covered jalapenos, pretzel dog, and Yankee Apple Pie Chocolate Sandwich

What food do you always get? deep-fried pickles, corn, and cheese curds

What attraction do you make sure you see? I love the agriculture building and the crop art.

FYI-There is a state fair app...it's pretty good!

• Are you going, if yes, when?  Yes. absolutely. I've only missed the fair one year in my entire life, and I still get sad about it. We'll either be going tomorrow or labor day. (I'm hoping for labor day.)

Any new foods you want to try? I haven't looked yet this year, but I usually try at least one new thing

What food do you always get? deep fried pickles (with cream cheese), cheese curds, alligator, fries, corn dogs, fruit flavored cotton candy...I know there's more. We're going to give the chicken fried bacon another try this year to see if it should be added to our 'must eat' list.

What attraction do you make sure you see? the miracle of birth center. we get dd's picture taken with a baby animal every year 

8/2010: missed m/c at 15w2d. baby measured 12w3d.

[img]http://lb1m.lilypie.com/og2fm5.png[/img]
  • Are you going, if yes, when?  We're going tomorrow morning.  I'm going nuts waiting for the baking results. 

Any new foods you want to try?  I'm kind of intrigued by these chocolate jalapenos.

What food do you always get?  Pronto Pup and a caramel apple.

What attraction do you make sure you see?  Usually we start with the baking stuff so I can take pictures of my entries.  Then we do the rounds starting in the animal barns, then horticulture, then creative activities, then 4-H, then Fine Arts, then a stroll through what's left of Machinery Hill.  And we always do the Space Tower too.

• image bmcapra:

Are you going, if yes, when? Yep. We're going on Wednesday... we usually try to take a day off from work so we don't have to go on the weekend.

Any new foods you want to try? Nope, all the new stuff looks unappetizing this year.

What food do you always get? My stand-bys are a pronto pup, corn on the cob, mini donuts, and Sweet Martha's Cookies. I usually try to throw in a few different things this year. I think I might try that "big fat bacon" stuff this year.

What attraction do you make sure you see? We usually walk around in a lot of the buildings just to space out our eating. I'm oddly fascinated with those tiny houses inside the arts & crafts building.

• I'll be out there darn near every day of the fair (the joys of my job having a booth there).

No new foods, fair food is overrated in my opinion especially since the only things I eat are available at other community festivals and events at the fair throughout the year (ie. mini doughnuts, Sweet Martha's, cheese curds).

Since I'm out there every day I usually space it out and only have one thing a day...keeps the waistline in check.

No real attactions, I love to collect the canvas totes though (great for shopping bags).  and this year our booth is giving away drawstring backpacks so that will be exciting.

• Are you going, if yes, when? Tomorrow

Any new foods you want to try? not sure actually! ive not heard much of what is new this year

What food do you always get? deep fried pickles and cheese curds

What attraction do you make sure you see? i like the talent shows, but any shows i guess. im sure with the little one we will hit up some animals and stuff

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • We would love to, but don't think it's an option for us this year, with all the wedding craziness!  We have our bachelor/bachelorette parties this weekend & some vendor meetings on Sunday.  Then FI works weird shifts all next week & weekend.  Oh well... I will miss the people watching & some of the food, but it'll be worth it!  = )

Hope you ladies that are going, have a great time!  = )

• Are you going, if yes, when?Today with DH and my two neices

Any new foods you want to try? I haven't seen the list yet.

What food do you always get? cheesecurds, corn dog, lemonade, chocolate chip cookies and french fries are my staples

What attraction do you make sure you see? miracle of life

No Siggy

• Love the state fair.  I will go at least three times, beginning with tomorrow. 

My staples include:  Luigi fries, Pronto Pup (not a corn dog Wink)), corn, and carmel apples in a bowl, amongst many many others.

I grew up near the fair, worked there through my high school years, and still live relatively close.  It's one of my favorite times of the year!!

• Are you going, if yes, when? This Sunday. I'm running in the State Fair Milk Run that morning.

Any new foods you want to try? Nope. I'll probably stick to my norm.

What food do you always get? Cheese curds and mini donuts.

What attraction do you make sure you see? We always go to the International Bazaar thing and I've never once bought a single thing from there! HA!

:::FOLLOW MY HALF MARATHON TRAINING:::

:::Our Adoption Journey:::

Evan James was born 1/24/13 and matched with us 2/20/13. The LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!