Minneapolis/St. Paul Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Home Inspectors?

Well, we finally are starting to see some movement on the offer we put in on a short sale and the sellers Realtor said it will be about a week.  I know it is still not final yet, but I am starting to think ahead to a home inspection.  We will have one done for our own piece of mind and to also know what we need to work on.  Do any of you have any recs for a home inspector in the NE suburbs? Also, how much do they typically cost?  Last one we had done we were living in North Dakota, and things typically cost less there, I believe it was around $200.  Thanks in advance!  

Re: Home Inspectors?

• I've had awesome luck with Schuman Home inspections for both my buyers and sellers.  You can PM me for their info if interested.  They bring a computer and printer with and take pictures and you get everything, a very detailed report with photos of everthing they talked to you about.  Home inspections are typically about $300-350 and they base it off of square footage of the home.

• Janell, I sent you a PM.
  • image Janell's Nest:

I've had awesome luck with Schuman Home inspections for both my buyers and sellers.  You can PM me for their info if interested.  They bring a computer and printer with and take pictures and you get everything, a very detailed report with photos of everthing they talked to you about.  Home inspections are typically about $300-350 and they base it off of square footage of the home.

We used Schuman and didn't have any problems with them. I wasn't home when the inspection was done, but my husband didn't have any complaints.

Married: October 11, 2008
  • We are having one done tonight on our new house...I'll get his name and let you know if we were happy, etc.  

Our Realtor set it up for us so I only know his first name right now!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We used Matthew Brown with HomeSight Inspections (952-201-2181) on the recommendation of our realtor. He was very thorough, took photos of everything, and provided us with an 18-page report. He went over everything with us at the house, and followed up with an electronic copy of the report via email that night. 

We paid about $400, but the price of the inspection is based on the size of the home and our house is on the bigger side. When I bought my condo years ago, I think I only paid $175 for that inspection.

Mr. Sammy Dog
  • We used Hankey & Brown, and have recommended him to others, and all have been very happy with him. He enters everything on a laptop and prints out the results for you the day of the inspection. He also offered to stop by anytime after we moved in if we ever had mechanical questions about the house. They list their fees on their web site, they are based on home size.

http://www.hankeyandbrown.com/