Fashion & Beauty

Are Pantyhose Out of Style?

Mama needs her control tops!!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***

Re: Are Pantyhose Out of Style?

• Seriously?  Do not wear them.  Buy Spanx
    Visit The Nest!
  • In formal professions like banking and law, pantyhose may be expected.  In other circles, they can be considered passe. 

Spanx are the easiest way to skirt the issue.  Try the Assets line at Target - they're an affordable intro.

• Thanks for the tip. I'm a teacher. So, a pencil skirt, bare legs and pumps is alright?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • image StrawberryAlarmClock:
    Thanks for the tip. I'm a teacher. So, a pencil skirt, bare legs and pumps is alright?

You do not need hose as a teacher

Visit The Nest!
  • Bare legs with a pencil skirt and heels is fine. 
    Hope is not a strategy.
  • Thanks, ladies :)
  • I'm a lawyer they are semi-expected at our firm.  A lot of the younger women don't wear them and the word "inappropriate" gets thrown around behind their back.

I wear super sheer hose.

• Kate Middleton has recently been seen wearing pantyhose so a lot of girls are running out and buying them; however, it's been said that she's only wearing them out of necessity because there are certain palace events where it's inappropriate for her to have bare legs.

I would definitely not wear any if I were you.  Like the pp said ... certain professions still expect them. 

• you could also cut off your control top hose at the thigh. Thats what I do instead of spanx. They're much less bulky this way.
  • The only consistent trend I saw while I was over in Europe was pantyhose.  It was nude pantyhose too.  I have to imagine this trend is getting started because of Kate Middleton, but I haven't seen it here in the states yet. 

I wouldn't be surprised if this trend starts to pick up though.

As for your position, as a teacher I don't think they are necessary, although some professions do require them.

If you need control top, what about spanx?

• I can't stand barefeet in heels.  I also don't like the look of the footies because you can still see them or they don't stay on.  

I wear tights when I wear heels. 

Craft Blog
  • If the other women in your workplace wear pantyhose, I'd wear them.  If not, then I think you are fine with bare legs.
  • I actually like nylons, LOL. I just wear the sheerest ones. IDC if people think they're uncool.

I get blisters if I wear heels with no hose. Also, I'm really, really fair, so every little spot, blemish, razor bump, bruise etc is very apparent. Sheer hose evens it all out. Plus my clothes lay smoother without the constriction of Spanx.

• I've always worn them - what else do you wear in the fall/winter with skirts that don't look right with tights? I think tights can come across as teen-ish sometimes and depending on the color of the skirt, you can't always wear tights. I think hose are fine.
  • image Redskinetgirl:
    you could also cut off your control top hose at the thigh. Thats what I do instead of spanx. They're much less bulky this way.
    Genius!
  • image WishesSheCouldCook:

I can't stand barefeet in heels.  I also don't like the look of the footies because you can still see them or they don't stay on.  

I wear tights when I wear heels. 

Exactly. I hate how it feels and I get more blisters that way.
  • image zwiggy:

I actually like nylons, LOL. I just wear the sheerest ones. IDC if people think they're uncool.

I get blisters if I wear heels with no hose. Also, I'm really, really fair, so every little spot, blemish, razor bump, bruise etc is very apparent. Sheer hose evens it all out. Plus my clothes lay smoother without the constriction of Spanx.

ITA plus I play soccer so my legs are always bruised. I see so many cute shift dresses and classy pencil skirts but I don't "let" myself wear them because I dot want people to see my legs. :(
  • image StrawberryAlarmClock:
    Mama needs her control tops!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image zwiggy:

I actually like nylons, LOL. I just wear the sheerest ones. IDC if people think they're uncool.

I agree word for word. Plus, my workplace is really cold and wearing sheer hose helps the inevitable attack of goosebumps. I don't wear them in the summer for the most part, but you better believe I do in the winter. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker