Getting Pregnant
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

? about the show-making room for multiples

There is an episode on right now (rerun) that I missed the beginning of and it is driving me crazy.  I hope someone can fill in the info:

The woman lives on Long island.  She had quads after 10 IVF attempts.  Her husband died 4 years before the babies were born.  I assume she did FET as everyone is talking about "seeing" her husband in the babies.  How did her husband die?  Just curious.

I can't imagine having 4 babies with a spouse, much less alone.....

Thanks!

In a small gang with my Nestie Besties! TTC buddies with Cinco & SBSP

March GP Siggy Challenge: GLTB Pride

Re: ? about the show-making room for multiples

• She must have had his sperm frozen or FET....I've never seen it, but woah! I already told my DH that he better be extra careful and not do anything stupid, because I can't have 2 babies on my own! I can't imagine 4. 
    ~*~Nestie Besties with Hollylb3~*~
    After 2+ years, open-heart surgery, and 3 IUIs,
    our two miracles are here!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    My Blog!
  • Make Room for Multiples
    Long Island Quads
    TV-G, CC

When Debbie's husband was killed four years ago in a fatal car crash, she asked the hospital staff to perform a sperm retrieval on Dave. After many years and ten IVF attempts to get Debbie pregnant, in a medical miracle, she is having Dave's quadruplets.
  • image pandawithab:
    Make Room for Multiples
    Long Island Quads
    TV-G, CC

When Debbie's husband was killed four years ago in a fatal car crash, she asked the hospital staff to perform a sperm retrieval on Dave. After many years and ten IVF attempts to get Debbie pregnant, in a medical miracle, she is having Dave's quadruplets.

Thanks Panda!  I tried googling it but failed.....

• Panda beat me to it. I was just watching it.
    TTC Since 1/2009
    Dx w/ PCOS IR 8/2009 - On Metformin
    3/2011 - 100mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    100mg Clomid + TI = Anovulatory
    2/2012 150mg,200mg Clomid + Trigger + IUI + Prog = BFN
    5/2012 = Surprise BFP M/C @ 6 weeks
    5/2013 - Femara, Trigger + IUI + Prog = BFN
    8/2013 - Injects, Trigger + IUI + Prog =BFP M/C @ 6 weeks
    3/2014 - IVF - BFP M/C @ 7weeks 

• image deutschefairy:
    She must have had his sperm frozen or FET....I've never seen it, but woah! I already told my DH that he better be extra careful and not do anything stupid, because I can't have 2 babies on my own! I can't imagine 4. 

This happened to someone I went to college with, it was awful! 

I am sure your DH will be extra careful.  It is something I worry about from time to time, my DH is a lifeflight paramedic & I say a prayer every time he goes to work.  When the time comes to have kids he is planning on transferring to a trauma center ER so his feet will be firmly on the ground & he will be working shorter shifts.

• image pandawithab:
    I'm the winner!

You got skillz!