Houston Nesties

Do you know how to spell your (extended) family's names?

Just saw a FB post where DH's family member was posting something about his family and misspelled both his aunt's and cousin's name (the cousin has a FB acct that he could have checked).  They all live in the same area and grew up together, so it's not like they don't know them very well.  He's known them for over 40 years, you would think he could spell their names by now!?

Maybe I am just a paranoid correct name-speller!  :-)

Re: Do you know how to spell your (extended) family's names?

• I do but that's probably because my name is often misspelled so I'm more concious of it. My extended family often spells mine wrong on birthday cards or fb.
    -Clare
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My close friends and family do. It's why DD has a name that's pretty hard to misspell.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image aprilprincess:
    I do but that's probably because my name is often misspelled so I'm more concious of it. My extended family often spells mine wrong on birthday cards or fb.

Ditto

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • I always try to spell it right - but my family never gets my kiddos names correct.

Abbie always gets Abby, Abie, or Abbey and Collin is always Colin.

Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • DH's family can't even remember my kid's names, much less spell them.

The majority of my family can.

• image CareBear01:

Just saw a FB post where DH's family member was posting something about his family and misspelled both his aunt's and cousin's name (the cousin has a FB acct that he could have checked).  They all live in the same area and grew up together, so it's not like they don't know them very well.  He's known them for over 40 years, you would think he could spell their names by now!?

Maybe I am just a paranoid correct name-speller!  :-)

I am way beyond paranoid.  To the point that I'll go back and apologize if I spell someone's name wrong.

I make it a point to triple check the spelling of people's names.  I don't think anyone checks mine.  It's spelled wrong all the time.

• image TexasHarmony:

DH's family can't even remember my kid's names, much less spell them.

The majority of my family can.

I hear eatin nutria kills brains cells.  Bwahhhhhh

• Yes I know how to spell their names. They all have very common names with the normal way to spell them. I know with my different spelling of my name and how it's pronounced I'm more aware of it. It drives me crazy when people mess up m name after telling them multiple times on how to say and spell it. Matter of fact a coworker of 4 years just called me Alice today instead of Alyce (pronounced like "a lease" that you would have on a house or the old shoes from way back when). My MIL still spells my name wrong.
  • Oh Lordy - DH just texted me something about said Aunt and he misspelled it a completely different way!  Tongue Tied
  • I know how to spell 95% of my family's names. I have a huge family though. Tons of first cousins on my dad's side. he had 11 siblings.

My name is Andria not Andrea. i get the E every once in a while, but not much.

18 Months!! image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker