Fashion & Beauty

www.emibella.com - is this a legit website?

One of my friends recommended emibella to me - they sell bags that are factory defects. Now, when I was in the LV store in Paris, they told me they burn all bags that are considered to be factory defects.....anyone bought from emibella or know anything about it?

Re: www.emibella.com - is this a legit website?

• DO NOT BUY FROM EMIBELLA. I went on looking for slightly discounted scarves.  Right away I was suspicious.  Emibella claims accolades in various magazines and also proudly states several seals of "authenticity" and "Business" approvals.  Yet, when you try and click on them, nothing appears.  A further thing I noticed they do, either to lower peoples' suspicions or to make as much money as they can while duping them at the same time (or both, I suspect), is show the original price of a bag then offer it for much less while still sticking a price tag on the item for like a couple hundred bucks and up.VERY VERY sneaky.  Yeah, it's not nearly as expensive as the original price, but it's still being offered for a HUGE chunk of change. To DRASTICALLY reduce it would cause suspicion, so you still end up shelling out hundreds, if not thousands of bucks (but you sit there thinking that you made of pretty well, considering).

I called Louis Vuitton and Gucci and both received very kind, but very firm answers.  Both reps I spoke to know the website very well and are actually trying to have it shut down. It is 100% false.  Neither company gives away bags that are out of season, and RARELY do you find luxury companies that reduce their wares...when they do, the items are usually more then 5 years old and even then they're reduced by at most 5-15%.  Louis Vuitton actually destroys their defective products in woodchippers.

Sites that sells luxury items-sunglasses, bags, scarves, wallets-whatever they may be, at ANY reduced rate are usually almost always illegitimate.  Even E-bay can't prevent you from being cheated all the time.  My best friend got what looked like a brand new Prada bag, still in the dust jacket, and it turned out to be fake.  When it comes down to it, if you want a designer anything, your best bet is to simply bite the bullet and spend the cash.  Yeah, you'll be out $1500-2000 but in the end, It'll be AUTHENTIC, YOU"LL know it's the real deal, , and it'll last a lifetime looking like a million bucks, not half a year looking like a six year old assembled it.

My name is Chelsea and I really really hope this helped. Good luck to you!

• image CDallas921:

I called Louis Vuitton and Gucci and both received very kind, but very firm answers.  Both reps I spoke to know the website very well and are actually trying to have it shut down. It is 100% false.  Neither company gives away bags that are out of season, and RARELY do you find luxury companies that reduce their wares...when they do, the items are usually more then 5 years old and even then they're reduced by at most 5-15%.  Louis Vuitton actually destroys their defective products in woodchippers.

I agree with you that emibella is 100% false, but the part in bold is not true.  Gucci holds very good sales several times a year, and has an outlet.  At the sales/outlets, items that are from that season or a year old can be found for more than 15% off.  Legitimate Gucci can be had at a discount.  But you're right that LV can't unless you work for the company. 

And at any rate, any website selling new LV at a discount is extremely suspect, and sites like this are never legit.