Politics & Current Events

NER: What is on your kitchen counters?

2»

Re: NER: What is on your kitchen counters?

• Let's see... kleenex, lotion salt & pepper grinders, spice rack, teapot, morter & pestle, tool caddy, paper towels, fruit platter, mini cutting board, knife block, toaster, sake cups, bananna bread, croissants, radio and pen holder.  On the island, orchids and oodles of dirty dishes. 
    image image
    Moxie gives Scout the side eye
  • Sugar, flour, powdered sugar, pancake mix and grits containers. Dish rack. Microwave. Toaster oven. Cutting board and (crappy) knives. Container with big utensils (spatula, slotted spoon, etc). Bowl that holds bananas and garlic that I'm now wondering why we don't put in the hanging fruit basket. And the loaf of bread we bought Saturday my H seems determined to finish by Wed.

And that's not counting the stuff that's on the rolling cutting board I bought because we have a giant kitchen with jack counter space. 

Team Basement Cat image Knitting&Kitties
  • Toaster, butter dish, olive oil and vinegar bottles, pitcher with utensils, spice rack, collection of stuff that doesn't fit in the spice rack, travel mugs, coffee grinder, coffee pot, paper towel holder, fruit bowl, baskets that hold A's bottles/formula, Kitchen Aid. 

That's the staples.  The other end of the counter is kind of a catch all during the day, but I clean it off at night.  I sleep better with at least one counter cleaned off. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Yes,I'm smiling...I'm a marathoner!
    Bloggy McBloggerson
    CO Nestie Award Winner-Prettiest Brain-Back to Back!
    2011 Bests
    5K-22:49 10K-47:38 Half Mary-1:51:50
    2012 Race Report
    1/1-New Year's 5K-22:11
    2/11-Sweetheart Classic 4-mile-29:49
    3/24-Coulee Chase 5K-21:40
    5/6-Colorado Marathon-4:08:30
    5/28-Bolder Boulder 10K
  • image marie427:

I bet I have the smallest kitchen out of everyone. It's a teeny tiny galley kitchen with minimal counter space. These things take up every last inch minus free space towards the front of the counters for food prep:

Knife block, small microwave, Foreman grill, dish drying rack, stand mixer, small toaster oven. 

Nope. I have a dish drainer to the right of the sink because it wont fit on the other counter to the left of the sink. On that side I have two canisters and a mason jar of wine corks. That is all my counter space. I can't put counters on the opposite wall because it will cover the fuse box. 3 of 4 walls have a doorway. It sucks. Theres an area thats supposed to be a dining room that I will someday line with base cabinets.

• image doctorwho:
    image marie427:

I bet I have the smallest kitchen out of everyone. It's a teeny tiny galley kitchen with minimal counter space. These things take up every last inch minus free space towards the front of the counters for food prep:

Knife block, small microwave, Foreman grill, dish drying rack, stand mixer, small toaster oven. 

Nope. I have a dish drainer to the right of the sink because it wont fit on the other counter to the left of the sink. On that side I have two canisters and a mason jar of wine corks. That is all my counter space. I can't put counters on the opposite wall because it will cover the fuse box. 3 of 4 walls have a doorway. It sucks. Theres an area thats supposed to be a dining room that I will someday line with base cabinets.

I'm glad to know I'm alone in my tiny kitchen nightmare.

• My little kitchen. This is NOT how my counters look:

• We have a microwave cart with the microwave and dehydrator, and the shelves below hold cookbooks, cat food, and pyrex baking dishes. Clears up the counters.

As for the counters, we have a cylinder of utensils by the stove, a knife block to one side the sink, and a food processor, blender, coffee maker, coffee grinder, and fruit basket on the main counter area. They all fit against the wall, giving me enough room to prep. We get the toaster out when we need it, as well as things like the mandolin, stick blender, panini press, etc.

my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • My MIL's kitchen looks like a showroom design it is so spotless and she cooks like crazy so I don't know....

I try to clear the shitz off of them each night.  The regular occupants are my Keurig, toaster, knife block, microwave, and some decorative antique glass jars and bottles. 

....but the dishes.  I hate doing them, loading them, putting them away....they tend to always exist in my sink which makes me feel kinda' screamy inside.  Oh the fvcking dishes....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
2»