Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

How many books have you read this year?

So far I have read 15 books this year. I am curious to how this compares to others reading. Those were all on my nook -- I got the nook in January and don't believe I read any hard books since then.
[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/2ebs3z9.jpg[/IMG]

my read shelf:

Re: How many books have you read this year?

• I think I am at 37 for the year, but I am slowing waaaay down. I finished grad school and now that I'm a working stiff my schedule is a lot less flexible.

So my pace is probably going to be a lot more like yours for the rest of the year. 

• I believe I've read 25 books.  My goal for the year is 111, but I know I probably won't even come close to that.  My reading has picked up this past week, so that makes me happy.

View Full Size ImageView Full Size ImageView Full Size Image
  • 88 so far this year.  I was at 96 at this time last year.
    Books read in 2009: 112
    Books read in 2010: 153
    Books read in 2011: 160
    Books read in 2012: 134
    Books read in 2013: 110
    Books read in 2014: 151
    Books read in 2015: 153
    Books read in 2016: 31

Leah (packfan20)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Lilypie - (Bh7p)

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/1zWJm6.png
    <a href="//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/" style="height: 20px; width: 40px; position: absolute; opacity: 0.85; z-index: 8675309; display: none; cursor: pointer; border: medi
  • I've read 48, I've had a bad couple weeks, just been busy and some drama in my personal life.  My original goal was 50 and I increased it to 75 and I'm really hoping for 100, we'll see how it goes.  I'm going to get more of an opportunity to listen to audio books on my commute so that should help. 
    Books read in 2011: 111

Books read in 2012: 100
    Books read in 2013: 75
    Books read in 2014: 130
    Books read in 2015: 98
    my read shelf:
    Jennifer's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • 50 and I'm very close to finishing 51. My goal this year is 75. I have been flying through books ever since I got a Nook.

Books read in 2012: 61
    Books read in 2011: 77
    Books read in 2010: 42
    Books read in 2009: 52
  • kayashkayash member
    10000 Comments Seventh Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I'm at 49. Last year I read 35 and the year before I read 78. My goal is 111 but I'm way behind.
    image Visit The Nest! image
  • LawrenLawren member
    A whopping 18. I haven't read at all lately :(
    [IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/23upgdk.jpg[/IMG]
  • I'm on like 44 or 45. My goal was 50. I'll hit it in the next 2 weeks or so. I start teaching again in 3 weeks, and won't have much time for recreational reading, so I may be lucky to get a few more in after that.
    [IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/eb1yqq.jpg[/IMG]

Married Bio

my read shelf:
  • I've read 25 books, 8 of those have been e-books on my Kindle, and 2 have been audio books.  I'm working on 3 more -- 1 e-book and 1 audio book. 

I don't mind being held to a higher standard; I mind being held to a lower one. (Sam Seaborn, The West Wing)
    Anniversary
  • I am almost finished with my 54th for the year. 
    imageimageimage NESTIE FORMERLY KNOWN AS BOONEYBEAR. Stooooopid nest.
  • I'm at 40 this year.  My goal was 50 but now I'm thinking about bumping it up to 75.  I also include the audiobooks that I listen to though.

Cinnabun and Junebug say, "Go Wildcats!"

• Seventy-four that I'm counting toward my goal.

Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm on book 38 for the year.
    [IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/2zi3sxi.jpg[/IMG]
  • i'm on book 43 for the year.  I upped my goal from 50 to 75 and I'm slowing waaaay down now and have fallen behind for the first time this year.  Not sure I'm going to make it to 75, but will def pass 50 at least.

~Lauren~

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    my read shelf:
    Lauren (babystinkbreath)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Read in 2011: 56/55

Read in 2012: 31/30

Read in 2013: 49/40

Read in 2014: 42/40

• I'm at 28 right now.
    "You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness."
  • I just started my 70th book tonight.  On schedule for my 100 goal this year.
    Jessica, Married to Brian 12/27/03, Mom to Alex 6/27/94, Devin 10/29/04, and Emily 1/15/07
  • I'm too lazy to look but I beleive I've read 77 books so far this year.
    My Cooking and Book Blog

My GoodReads Page

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/dy94j4.jpg[/IMG]

I obviously need to get out more.

67/200
  • I'm at 102.  This is a record for me.  The past few years I've averaged around 50-60/yr.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I've read 39 and my goal for the year is 60.
  • 32 so far. I'm lagging this year compared to past years.
    image image image
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 88.  I read 87 last year I think so I'm well above my average.
    116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wes: 10/8/2012

• I've read 38 for the year. My reading always slows down in the spring/summer because we always have so much going on.

Brittany (brittk0486)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• 64/100.  This month has been a really good reading month - if things keep going this well I might bump up my goal.
    image image image
  • I'm at 71. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• I've read 47 so far.  My goal was 50 books for the year, so I recently raised my goal to 75.  My reading time is going to slow down once the new school year starts though, so I am not sure I will make it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I believe I'm on my 77th book for the year. Last year I read 73 total. 

image image
              Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I am at 35. I will say, I have chosen smaller books because bigger ones stress me out sometime. I really want to read some of the bigger ones on my list but they intimidate me.
    Robin
    <><
    Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12

Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

2014 Reading Goal: 85

• I'm pretty sure I am starting like 90 today at lunch.
    Sammie born 04/23/09 (Peanut allergy)
    Emmett born 01/28/2013

2015 Books Read 3 * 2014 Books Read: 151
    2013 Books Read: 90 * 2012 Books Read: 125
    2011 Books Read: 150  * 2010 Books Read: 117

Jennie Writes Words ~~~ We Still Read ~~~ Presidential Challenge
  • I'm at 55 so far.
    Taya 9.20.05 * Marlena 10.4.07 * Armando 11.3.93