Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

1st Anniversary Gifts?

Our anniversary is coming in two weeks, and Siavash seems to have everything under the sun and is always very hard to shop for.. I was wondering what did you / are you going to give as 1st anniversary gifts?

Re: 1st Anniversary Gifts?

• Are you wanting to stick to paper?  I got DH tickets to the TSO and dinner but it was a week or so before our anniversary but I think I got him something else except that I can't remember what.

• MrzHozMrzHoz member
    Third Anniversary
    It would be nice to be able to give him something that "lasts"/sentimental but I am really open to anything.
    I am leaning towards buying him a toned down Robert Graham shirt and some Jack Black products bc at least I know he will use them.. but that would be more suitable for his bday which is also coming up! Confused
  • Since you are also pregnant maybe you could incorporate something cool with the baby? Not that I can think of anything really though... :( Not helpful.

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/lesalyric/15349_591037319564_25305541_34753593_3721279_n-1.jpg[/IMG]

TTC#1 since 1/2011

1/2012: Fertility workup including SA/HSG - no issues. DX: Unexplained

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

IVF#1 = BFP - ER 12/6, ET 12/11 - 20R, 15M, 14F - 2 transferred, 2 frozen

Betas: #1(9dp5dt)-50, #2(13dp5dt)-467, #3(16dp5dt)-839, #4(20dp5dt)-1825

Saw HB - 7w1d, missed m/c - 9w1d

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • I think tickets to something is a great 1st anniversary gift, since it's supposed to be paper. 

I couldn't come up with anything good so I got a 1st birthday pinata and put 'anniversary' over birthday and filled it with a lot of little things that I know H would like.  THat was his paper gift, then I gave him a regular gift, a metal sign he had mentioned wanting for the front door.

image my read shelf:
    Shannon (shananagins) Jones's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • MrzHozMrzHoz member
    Third Anniversary

Leslie, the baby related gift idea is good.. Maybe I can find a sentimental item that's baby related to put in the mix... hmm ..

shananagins, the pinata sounds like a really good idea too. And did I miss something???? Congrats on your sweat pea! :)

• image shananagins:

I couldn't come up with anything good so I got a 1st birthday pinata and put 'anniversary' over birthday and filled it with a lot of little things that I know H would like.  THat was his paper gift, then I gave him a regular gift, a metal sign he had mentioned wanting for the front door.

I loved that you did this Shannon.  I so wish I was as creative as you.

• Kathy, can you believe our anniversaries are in 2 weeks!?

I'm no help with a gift. H and I decided no gifts, we are just going out and celebrating together.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am doing boudoir pictures, but didn't you already do these?
  • We are people that like to travel more than get gifts so for our first anniversary we went to Las Vegas.  We took a picture with each of us holding our boarding pass, our paper first anniversary gift!
  • Cirque du Soleil is in town if you want to stick with paper (the tickets). 

We found a cheap weekend at an AI in Cabo and went there for our first anniversary. 
  • I'm also doing b-pics for the gift but I know you already did these.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We always take a mini-trip for our anniversary. Our first year we did Fredricksburg and stayed in a bed and breakfast. It was really fun. For gifts, we stuck with paper/clock and have made this a tradition every year to use the traditional gifts for anniversaries. I gave DH a poem I had written. I printed it on a cardstock at Hallmark and had it framed there also. I think I spent $10.00-15.00 on the entire gift. I honestly think it is the best gift I have ever given him. DH wrote me the sweetest little note about our life together and marriage. Then he gave me an engraved clock with our wedding date and it had a place for our picture. He put a wedding picture in it. You could write a poem or you could even find a poem that fits and do something similiar. I hope this helps! BTW- Happy Anniversary!

Anniversary
  • Our 1st anniversary was this past May and I had one heck of a time trying to figure out what to get.  I ended up getting my husband tickets to the rodeo down in the Stockyard (cause he likes going to the rodeo) and that covered the traditional paper as the 1st anniversary gift.  But also, the modern 1st anniversary gift is a clock... but, I didn't really want to get him a watch (as he already had a nice one that my brother gave him, and we already have a wall clock) so, I got him a sundial with the words inscribed on it "Come grow old with me, the best is yet to be."  He loved both gifts very much.