Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Whatever we normally do on Fridays

I dont remember what we normally do on Fridays, but I am off/working from home today and maybe Monday.

Re: Whatever we normally do on Fridays

• Some things make me so, so bitter. I am normally very nice so it really bothers me to read something and feel nothing but green monster and I don't mean the smoothie.

It is Friday, which means I have now had an entire week of nutritionally bankrupt breakfasts. Every morning I have had a non-fat, no whip Java Chip Frappucino. It doesn't even really bother me either. It's only 200 calories so it isn't like it wrecks the day.

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/lesalyric/15349_591037319564_25305541_34753593_3721279_n-1.jpg[/IMG]

TTC#1 since 1/2011

1/2012: Fertility workup including SA/HSG - no issues. DX: Unexplained

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

IVF#1 = BFP - ER 12/6, ET 12/11 - 20R, 15M, 14F - 2 transferred, 2 frozen

Betas: #1(9dp5dt)-50, #2(13dp5dt)-467, #3(16dp5dt)-839, #4(20dp5dt)-1825

Saw HB - 7w1d, missed m/c - 9w1d

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • Leslie, That frap sounds yummy.  I have thought about getting a PT job at starbucks but have refrained because I think I would consume more calories than its worth.

• Leslie - I can assure you your Frap was significantly better than my artery clogging breakfast.    I have a pretty serious weakness for breakfast time.

On another note, though, I can barely walk from working out so hard the last 2 days.  It's like my calves are so tight my leg won't bend...

Also, to the idiot in the BMW SUV who almost took my bumper off this morning for no reason...if I had been in a vehicle of my own I would have rammed into you, on purpose.  I was in the right lane minding my own business, going over the speed limit...and ther was no exit in sight.   No reason for you to do that, whatsoever.

• image Tiffany618:

On another note, though, I can barely walk from working out so hard the last 2 days.  It's like my calves are so tight my leg won't bend...

Have you ever tried foam rolling?

• DH told his co-worker we would help him move. I'm fine with that, but he wants us there at 8 am! So much for sleeping in on a weekend he's actually home.

• I just wrote an entire performance review then hit save and got an error and lost everything.  Why oh why do I always forget to save along the way.
  • image DFWIndian:

DH told his co-worker we would help him move. I'm fine with that, but he wants us there at 8 am! So much for sleeping in on a weekend he's actually home.

With it being as hot as it is, I would be down for a 6am start! Haha!

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/lesalyric/15349_591037319564_25305541_34753593_3721279_n-1.jpg[/IMG]

TTC#1 since 1/2011

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • image bobbileighb:
    image Tiffany618:

Yes ma'am... nothing feels more amazing.  Funny story, but I had never heard of it until you guys mentioned it here once....but I had always used a rolling pin wrapped with a towel That worked pretty well...too.

I was running late this morning, so I didn't have time. :(

• image Tiffany618:

Leslie - I can assure you your Frap was significantly better than my artery clogging breakfast.    I have a pretty serious weakness for breakfast time.

Also, to the idiot in the BMW SUV who almost took my bumper off this morning for no reason...if I had been in a vehicle of my own I would have rammed into you, on purpose.  I was in the right lane minding my own business, going over the speed limit...and ther was no exit in sight.   No reason for you to do that, whatsoever.

Are you ok? Your car?

• So I think DH and I are going to have to have a long serious talk about SD and her attitude when he gets home Sunday.  I'm over the overreacting when she doesn't get her way.  The throwing things, the stomping of the foot, the getting in my face and yelling, and the door slamming have to stop.  He thinks it's normal behavior and I keep trying to explain that it is not normal for a 6 year old to be controlling our house.  He actually had the nerve to tell me I overreacted last night after she threw the tv remote and my Sprite across the room because I wouldn't let her watch a movie again because it was bedtime.  I am over the spoiled brat behavior and if he doesn't want to establish rules I will not help him raise a spoiled brat.  He was doing so good there for a while and now that we are having the baby he has gone back to letting her get away with everything.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image DFWIndian:
    image Tiffany618:

Leslie - I can assure you your Frap was significantly better than my artery clogging breakfast.    I have a pretty serious weakness for breakfast time.

Are you ok? Your car?

Oh, yes!  I'm fine, thank you... he just ALMOST took off my bumper. :)

• image Tiffany618:
    image bobbileighb:
    image Tiffany618:

Yes ma'am... nothing feels more amazing.  Funny story, but I had never heard of it until you guys mentioned it here once....but I had always used a rolling pin wrapped with a towel That worked pretty well...too.

I was running late this morning, so I didn't have time. :(

That is pretty creative, I would have never thought of something like that.

• Check out this blog: She is following the 1972 Weight Watchers plan complete with recipes from that decade.

We are going to see the Geghis Khan exhibit tomorrow night with my mom and her boyfriend and I am overly excited about it.

TTC#1 since 1/2011

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • I want to start scrapbooking again so badly. I made a card and name tag last night for a baby shower today and I got the bug again.  I haven't scrapbooked in at least a year, which is a super long time for me.  Smile

• image lesalyric:

We are going to see the Geghis Khan exhibit tomorrow night with my mom and her boyfriend and I am overly excited about it.

Oh that's awesome, I was actually wanting to see it.  Let me/us know how it is!  Have fun!

• I won't make a new post for it since I think most of you look at Groupons....but today the Dallas deal is a $19 Salas Sunless airbrush tan! =)

Best.Tan.Ever.

ETA:  I would also like to add to this PSA that I received an email for $100 off $200 at NY& Co... today only. In store or online.   If anyone wants me to send it to them, let me know.

• image Tiffany618:

I won't make a new post for it since I think most of you look at Groupons....but today the Dallas deal is a $19 Salas Sunless airbrush tan! =)

Best.Tan.Ever.

ETA:  I would also like to add to this PSA that I received an email for $100 off $200 at NY& Co... today only. In store or online.   If anyone wants me to send it to them, let me know.

Most of my clothes are from NY&Co, but recently I feel like their clothes aren't made as well as it use to be.

• image DFWIndian:
    image Tiffany618:

I won't make a new post for it since I think most of you look at Groupons....but today the Dallas deal is a $19 Salas Sunless airbrush tan! =)

Best.Tan.Ever.

Most of my clothes are from NY&Co, but recently I feel like their clothes aren't made as well as it use to be.

I echo this. Most of my work clothes are NY&Co, but the last two pencil skirts I've purchased from there have frayed at the hem the first time I wore them. I can't really afford to be very picky... I'm kind of a difficult shape to dress, apparently, and NY&Co. is one of the only places that reliably carries clothes that fit well. But I've been bummed by them lately. 

AND, on another note... I dreamed last night that I was pregnant again. Then I woke up and was really sad that we aren't having anymore babies. I'm still confident in the decision, and I know it was the right one to make... but still, sad.

imageimg
  • I'm running on fumes today.  DH had the week off and was doing things around the house, and yesterday his brother convinced him to go to Houston to visit (and come home tomorrow).  So, since he was gone, I worked until after 11 last night.  I'm up to 47 hours for the week, excluding today... and I'll likely be working tomorrow some too.  Sheesh.  But, this job is still approximately one million times better than my last job.

Also, I sit near an east-facing window, and it has vertical blinds.  One is broken and won't turn, so it's letting a shaft of light beam in, directly into the side of my eye.  I have it sort-of wedged shut with a box, but I couldn't get it all the way closed without ghettoing it up.

Can I please go back home and go to bed?

• I miss you guys!!!! That's all I got today.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image superMcG:
    image DFWIndian:
    image Tiffany618:

Best.Tan.Ever.

I echo this. Most of my work clothes are NY&Co, but the last two pencil skirts I've purchased from there have frayed at the hem the first time I wore them. I can't really afford to be very picky... I'm kind of a difficult shape to dress, apparently, and NY&Co. is one of the only places that reliably carries clothes that fit well. But I've been bummed by them lately. 

AND, on another note... I dreamed last night that I was pregnant again. Then I woke up and was really sad that we aren't having anymore babies. I'm still confident in the decision, and I know it was the right one to make... but still, sad.

Oh, I completely agree!  I don't buy pants or skirts from them anymore at all ... but I think I can handle this deal for shirts, dresses, cardigans, and jewelry! :) 

• I ran out of biofreeze about a month ago and have been using icy hot.  My shipment of biofreeze cam in yesterday and I used it this morning and I swear nothing compares.  I may have to add it to my top 5 favorite things list.
  • My sister is leaving for Norway. Apparently my BIL's visa finally went through and they will leave this coming up week or the weekend. Since I have a wedding on Saturday I can't just leave and go to Houston. I'm worried I won't see them before they leave. My sister is one of my best friends and my nephews are like my kids. Even though we knew they were leaving for a while it didn't hit me until now and I'm really upset that in a few short days they will be leaving. I'm even more upset I don't get to spend time with them before they leave. Sorry... I just found out and I'm trying to be business as usual here. I just need to get it out.
  • Summer, where have you been?  We miss you!

NY & Co I love them for tops but have never had much luck with bottoms even when I actually fit in their bottoms.  I HATE being an apple shape.

• image DFWIndian:
    My sister is leaving for Norway. Apparently my BIL's visa finally went through and they will leave this coming up week or the weekend. Since I have a wedding on Saturday I can't just leave and go to Houston. I'm worried I won't see them before they leave. My sister is one of my best friends and my nephews are like my kids. Even though we knew they were leaving for a while it didn't hit me until now and I'm really upset that in a few short days they will be leaving. I'm even more upset I don't get to spend time with them before they leave. Sorry... I just found out and I'm trying to be business as usual here. I just need to get it out.

That sucks, is she moving there or just going for a trip?

• image bobbileighb:

Summer, where have you been?  We miss you!

NY & Co I love them for tops but have never had much luck with bottoms even when I actually fit in their bottoms.  I HATE being an apple shape.

http://www.dillards.com/product/Levis-Plus-590?-Bootcut-Jeans_301_-1_301_502326165?splashlink=dd_w_tc4_plus_060111

We have spoken about this before, so I will just provide the link. :)

TTC#1 since 1/2011

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • BL,

This class is taking over my life. Taking. It. Over.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image bobbileighb:

image DFWIndian:
    My sister is leaving for Norway. Apparently my BIL's visa finally went through and they will leave this coming up week or the weekend. Since I have a wedding on Saturday I can't just leave and go to Houston. I'm worried I won't see them before they leave. My sister is one of my best friends and my nephews are like my kids. Even though we knew they were leaving for a while it didn't hit me until now and I'm really upset that in a few short days they will be leaving. I'm even more upset I don't get to spend time with them before they leave. Sorry... I just found out and I'm trying to be business as usual here. I just need to get it out.

That sucks, is she moving there or just going for a trip?

He got a work transfer there. They will be there 2-5years.

• Leslie, going to look now.

Summer, Sad

Deepthi, this may be an unpopular opinion but who is the wedding for/ how important is it.  I am not a proponant of skipping out on a wedding but this is your last opportunity to see someone very important to you for possibly a long time.  Just a thought.

• image bobbileighb:

Leslie, going to look now.

Summer, Sad

Deepthi, this may be an unpopular opinion but who is the wedding for/ how important is it.  I am not a proponant of skipping out on a wedding but this is your last opportunity to see someone very important to you for possibly a long time.  Just a thought.

I'm helping this person with DOC on her wedding. I can't bail on her now because she doesn't have anyone else. It's not right to do to her. I have Wednesday off because I was going to do name change stuff. Now it might be filled with driving to Houston.