Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Anyone watch One Life to Live?

This is hilarious (and goes to show what a HUGE loser I am). I've been watching the show since 1983 (I'm 31 - yes, I started watching when I was 3) and I remember very clearly back to the early 90's.

I just watched today's episode and only someone who has been watching forever would catch this: the woman who is "playing" Blair in David's movie is the actress who originated the role of Blair way back when! There were a lot of jokes when they switched to Kassie DiPaiva because they are different races and then when they made the crack today about Blair being played by an Asian American actress, I had a suspicion. When the name was put on the screen, I started laughing!

Anyone else been watching forever and catch that? And for people who haven't been watching for like, a decade, you must be confused as hell over the Todd storyline right now lol

"Get your facts first. Then you can distort them as you please." ~ Mark Twain

Re: Anyone watch One Life to Live?

• not yet, but I've heard about it.

what do you think about it? 

• The Todd storyline? It's OK. I was a big fan of the original Todd, but I like the second one too. I'm curious where exactly they are going with it.
  • rndmr2rndmr2 member
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Comments Combo Breaker
    I am not really a watcher now, but I was back then, I hadn't heard/seen this but that's awsome that they used the same actress.  I have been tuning in occasionally and reading updates, etc mainly due to the Todd Storyline, I am curious to see how it all ends.
  • I'm 31 and I've pretty much watched all the ABC soaps since birth.  I remember when they changed Blair.  I thought it was weird. 

I caught a little of the Todd storyline on vacation a few weeks back.  So, is old Todd the real Todd? Or is new Todd the real Todd? I prefer the old Todd.  

I need to start recording this and AMC again before they go off the air.  

• I'm older than you by 15 years and have been watching this soap since I was in high school.  I haven't watched yesterday's episode yet (DVR'd) but I can't wait now. 

I'm sad that it is going down the tube and off ABC.  I don't think it will be the same once it is on the Internet.

Loving the Todd storyline right now.  Wish they would rap up the Liam paternity issue though - do not like Natalie and Brody together at all.

• That is so neat.  Do you mean Mia Korf or something like that?  I see her in things occasionally.

I loved OLTL when I was growing up in the 80's.  Remember Mitch Lawrence and Cassie's trial?  Tina finding out that Cord was a Buchanan?  Tina being with Max and supposedly going over the falls?  Viki and Niki Smith?  Andrea Evans was the best.  I liked some of the steamy early scenes with Max and Blair, too.  Who can forget Gabrielle Medina, too, or Maria Roberts when Tina poisoned her?

It's sad that Clint and Asa died IRL within a month or so of each other.

Romney-Portman 2012 ORGAN DONOR: DEAL WITH IT. :-) :-)
  • Holy cow, I got her name right even though she hasn't played Blair in like 20 yrs. I'm impressed with myself.  I Wiki'ed it.
    Romney-Portman 2012 ORGAN DONOR: DEAL WITH IT. :-) :-)
  • image JulieFe:

That is so neat.  Do you mean Mia Korf or something like that?  I see her in things occasionally.

I loved OLTL when I was growing up in the 80's.  Remember Mitch Lawrence and Cassie's trial?  Tina finding out that Cord was a Buchanan?  Tina being with Max and supposedly going over the falls?  Viki and Niki Smith?  Andrea Evans was the best.  I liked some of the steamy early scenes with Max and Blair, too.  Who can forget Gabrielle Medina, too, or Maria Roberts when Tina poisoned her?

It's sad that Clint and Asa died IRL within a month or so of each other.

Truly, I remember ALL of this lol And I tip my hat to you, friend ;)

Huge ditto on the the Natalie paternity thing. YAWN.

I believe the deal is that the old Todd is the real Todd.

(SPOILER)

The new one already finished taping episodes, so he will probably be written off in the next month. 

ETA: Oh, and you know that Max and Blair are married IRL, right? I love that :)