Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Project Runway anyone??

Re: Project Runway anyone??

• MrsSRMrsSR member
    Tenth Anniversary
    Meeee!!  So excited!
  • I am not that impressed yet... I loved Mondo last season.  So far, I kind of like the short red head and the English guy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LOL me, and I just thought from the pre-commercial preview that if I had to go to a come as you are party first off in the day I'd def need my sheet!
    [img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8205/8202881603_878eb759e5_m.jpg[/img]
  • The beauty queen lady has nooo business being there...bugs me since someone who had a chance was sent home. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • The blonde is so annoying but her outfit looked good IMO.  I also liked the boxer shorts guy!
  • I liked the color blind guy's outfit.  So happy this show is back!!!
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • image rottimom:

The beauty queen lady has nooo business being there...bugs me since someone who had a chance was sent home. 

Did you see the pants she made? They were pretty great! And it was her first time making pants! 

• image JanetPlanet20:
    image rottimom:

The beauty queen lady has nooo business being there...bugs me since someone who had a chance was sent home. 

Did you see the pants she made? They were pretty great! And it was her first time making pants! 

I agree.  I thought her pants were great... I hated the little sweatshirt thing the other guy made.

• Not one of them made pants that fit right.  They looked nice from the back, but the fronts were all weird.

Honestly, very few of the designers over the years have made pants with a good fit, and the judges sometimes gush about the fit and I don't get it....pant fronts are not supposed to bunch strangely in the crotch, gape at the pockets and pull across the front.

It is getting harder and harder to find pants that fit well irl...even some of the nicer clothing that I used to depend on for a nice fit do not fit correctly anymore, so maybe people just don't know better. 

I did like the challenge, and I think Anya is interesting to watch.  She is definitely a better designer than some of these people, and for having such limited sewing skills/time sewing, she's amazing.  I don't expect her to win, but it will be interesting to see how far she can get.

• I liked Burt's dress!  And I am routing for him for now because he has worked hard and is not some snotty 21 year old...haha
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! White Knot
  • Riss91Riss91 member
    Fifth Anniversary
    image JanetPlanet20:
    image rottimom:

I agree - I think she's one of the better designers, but I'm curious if her skills will fail her. And I hope her inability to sew isn't a big part of every episode.

Bert is cool - it looks like next week he has some drama!

| cute shoes make me happy |
  • I don't believe Anya is being truthful about her inability to sew. After seeing those pants...sorry, don't believe it for a second.

Bert is hands down my fav. And I loved his outfit!

• MrsSRMrsSR member
    Tenth Anniversary
    image moreace01:

I don't believe Anya is being truthful about her inability to sew. After seeing those pants...sorry, don't believe it for a second.

This!  She has to be lying.

• image MrsSR:
    image moreace01:

I don't believe Anya is being truthful about her inability to sew. After seeing those pants...sorry, don't believe it for a second.

But why would she lie to the judges prior to being chosen for the show.   

Nicole

Mommy to Ella Grace 6/4/05
  • image wedding18:
    image MrsSR:
    image moreace01:

IMO - to get ahead in the competition. I mean - her outfit last night was not good, but she got in the top three cause no one could believe she pulled it off. So...her strategy worked perfectly, no?

• image wedding18:
    image MrsSR:
    image moreace01:

I don't think she lied.  She said that she had a lot of help with some of the sewing on her garments on the rack.  I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

It is a lot different to sew without someone helping you, but it isn't like she doesn't have a good knowledge of clothing, and with designing, has probably learned a bit about construction, even without actually doing it. 

She seems to be one of those people who knows what a good fit is, and what it is about the garments that make it fit well.  You can understand that without actually being an experienced seamstress.  She also seems to be meticulous, and methodical, which would help with figuring out construction.

I had to laugh at Michael Kors making a big deal about her merrow stitching.  If you can steer, and the machine is set to the right settings, it looks good.

• I thought Julie's outfit was way more hideous than the other bottom designers- I think they let her previous collection influence their decision.  Not that the other bottom outfits were way better- I just didn't think they were as awful as Julie's.

I wonder how being in NYC, around other designers and lifestyles will influence the Mormon guy.

• image MyValentine2004:

I wonder how being in NYC, around other designers and lifestyles will influence the Mormon guy.

Anyone else think the Mormon guy is gay? 

• image HesitantBride:
    image MyValentine2004:

My gaydar's been known to be a little wacky but I def see potential.  :)

• image MyValentine2004:
    image HesitantBride:
    image MyValentine2004:

For some reason, and I could be thinking of someone else, but I thought he said that he was gay...and if he didn't, he should, cause my gaydar went crazy with him.

• image beachlovingirl:
    image MyValentine2004:
    image HesitantBride:
    image MyValentine2004:

For some reason, and I could be thinking of someone else, but I thought he said that he was gay...and if he didn't, he should, cause my gaydar went crazy with him.

He's the one who said he was engaged once, but it ended, and that he would like to get married someday. 

• I watched with my girlfriend and we also threw around the idea that Anya is exaggerating her lack of sewing skills.  I am definitely loving that Bert is in this season.  I am really looking forward to his work (and kicking ass!)  I was surprised that other contestants thought he wouldn't do well.  He worked for high-end designers for longer than some of the contestants have been alive.  I would have expected them to be intimidated.  (Even if I was a little skeeved out about him using his underwear in his challenge.  My friend pointed out that the hot iron probably killed enough germs and maybe he even did wash them as a courtesy.)