Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Dumb question re:Amy Winehouse

There is an article on people.com saying that she died from alcohol withdrawal.  Is that even possible?
IUI - BFP! Baby boy born still - August 2012
IVF - BFP - miscarriage June 2013
FET - BFN
FET - BFN
Switched clinics
IVF with PGD - three embryos created, all healthy - July 2014
FET - transferred two embryos (boy and girl) - Nov 2014 - BFP!
Baby Boy born July 2015

Re: Dumb question re:Amy Winehouse

• big time. you can totally die from the DTs.
  • Wow, I had no idea...
    IUI - BFP! Baby boy born still - August 2012
    IVF - BFP - miscarriage June 2013
    FET - BFN
    FET - BFN
    Switched clinics
    IVF with PGD - three embryos created, all healthy - July 2014
    FET - transferred two embryos (boy and girl) - Nov 2014 - BFP!
    Baby Boy born July 2015

• Alcohol is the only drug you could potentially die from the physical withdrawal.  Benzodiazepines are pretty rough too.  Both should be medically monitored.

Misconception is that heroin withdrawal is the worst. It is painful and rough to go through, but not deadly.

• The official cause of death isn't known yet. Alcohol withdrawal is what the family believes.
  • image MSamDC:

Alcohol is the only drug you could potentially die from the physical withdrawal.  Benzodiazepines are pretty rough too.  Both should be medically monitored.

Misconception is that heroin withdrawal is the worst. It is painful and rough to go through, but not deadly.

This is what I was going to say.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic width=220>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mego04Mego04 member
    Fifth Anniversary
    definitely
  • I was surprised to read that too. I never would've thought about dying from a lack of alcohol.
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/x1lefq.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/4vi7aw.jpg[/IMG]

http://www.lovekblog.com/
  • image boofly1224:
    I was surprised to read that too. I never would've thought about dying from a lack of alcohol.

It's more about the shock your body goes through. Crazy, though, huh?

Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
  • Definitely. When I worked in the ICU they gave alcoholic patients alcohol drips. The idea was that they didn't want them dying from alcohol withdrawal and could deal with their addiction if and when they survived.
  • why is the toxicology report taking so long? do they have to culture something? I dont get why it takes days.
  • image rkto:
    why is the toxicology report taking so long? do they have to culture something? I dont get why it takes days.

I don't the why of it, but I do know that those tests take quite awhile.  Something like 10 days....or maybe 2 weeks.

• tdmd09tdmd09 member
    Ninth Anniversary 2500 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    Toxicology always takes a while. They have to process blood and tissue samples and wait for results and then interpret them. Toxicology on my mom's autopsy took about 4 weeks from what I remember, but they didn't release the results for another 2-4 weeks until the pathologist could interpret the results and update the death certificate.
    BFP 9/22/10, missed m/c 11/1/10 at 9w3d, D&C 11/3/10, diagnosis: trophoblastic hyperplasia
    BFP 6/18/11, missed m/c 8/16/11 at 11w2d, D&C 8/17/11, diagnosis: baby girl with Trisomy 21
    BFP 5/29/12, healthy baby boy born 2/12/13 at 40w5d :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!