Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

SA Wednesday

Re: SA Wednesday

• We are finally getting a new student assistant!  Maybe we will hire someone that will, I don't know, helps us out.  And knows the alphabet.  And doesn't ruin an entire manila envelope when taking out 1 staple.

Similar to the high Leslie had last night, I pretty much wanted to do today's workout following last nights but didn't.  I had my first morning workout today and I don't think I do so well that early; I know I did not give it 110% and just wanted to go to bed. 

• I bought 30 Day Shred about a month ago and I still haven't opened it. I suffer from a serious lack of motivation. I blame it on the heat.
  • Lacey- Yay for your picture!  Was that the photographer who was rude that took those pics?

Deepthi- Good thoughts your way!  I hope you get it!  Will it be at your current location or would you get to be closer to home?

Also, I haven't even bought the Book Thief :-(

Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    ~TTC Buddies with akcrrr and amandaf6383~
    ~Knottie/Nestie Besties with *ecinereb* - Congratulations!~
    TTC since June 2011 dx: PCOS
    Clomid+IUI: Cancelled b/c didn't respond (June 2012)
    Femara+Trigger+IUI #1: BFN :-( (July 2013)
    Natural Cycle (8/7/13)- BFP!  Beta #1 (9/10/13): 509 Progesterone: 18.64  Beta #2 (9/12/13): 1118
    Baby N born 5/9/14
  • image shortgirltx:

We are finally getting a new student assistant!  Maybe we will hire someone that will, I don't know, helps us out.  And knows the alphabet.  And doesn't ruin an entire manila envelope when taking out 1 staple.

Similar to the high Leslie had last night, I pretty much wanted to do today's workout following last nights but didn't.  I had my first morning workout today and I don't think I do so well that early; I know I did not give it 110% and just wanted to go to bed. 

Was your last student assisstant a kindergarten student?

• image lesalyric:
    image angieandjames:

image lesalyric:
    AHHH! So much snark, so much biting of tongue!

This, this, a thousand times! 

I'm not finished with the book either... although I have been reading every night for the last few nights.  I work late, and then get home and scarf dinner down, and I'm not ready to sleep yet, so I read until about midnight, and then I can close my sleepy little eyeballs and get some rest after that.

Maybe going forward we should aim for shorter books to make it easier on everyone who have a lot going on. Henrietta had 360, The Help had 450 and Book Thief has 550.

I really want to read Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand but since it was mentioned as a possible contender for next book club, I have been holding out. It has nearly 1,400 positive reviews out of 1500, but it is also 500 pages...

Book club is still 2 weeks away.  Even if someone started today, hopefully they would have time to finish the book.

I read a review for Unbroken today.  I just don't know if I can do two WWII novels back to back.

Good thing Bossypants is waiting at the library for me!

• image sparklingdiamond:

Lacey- Yay for your picture!  Was that the photographer who was rude that took those pics?

Deepthi- Good thoughts your way!  I hope you get it!  Will it be at your current location or would you get to be closer to home?

Yes.  I noticed she kept taking my picture, but I thought she was taking everyone's picture.  She was pretty rude.

• image serlace:
    image sparklingdiamond:

Lacey- Yay for your picture!  Was that the photographer who was rude that took those pics?

Yes.  I noticed she kept taking my picture, but I thought she was taking everyone's picture.  She was pretty rude.

Yea she just kept yelling at Tiffany and I because we had the bags of pretzels.  There was another girl sitting there eating Pringles but apparently that was okay :-/

Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    ~TTC Buddies with akcrrr and amandaf6383~
    ~Knottie/Nestie Besties with *ecinereb* - Congratulations!~
    TTC since June 2011 dx: PCOS
    Clomid+IUI: Cancelled b/c didn't respond (June 2012)
    Femara+Trigger+IUI #1: BFN :-( (July 2013)
    Natural Cycle (8/7/13)- BFP!  Beta #1 (9/10/13): 509 Progesterone: 18.64  Beta #2 (9/12/13): 1118
    Baby N born 5/9/14
  • image DFWIndian:

Does anyone have work out tricks. Between traveling 3 hours a day to and from work, cooking, cleaning, post wedding stuff, and trying to get some sleep I have no time to work out. Is there anything you guys did/do?

Cooking Light is doing 12 healthy habits for 2011 and one month was to add exercise and one of the participants has a very long commute on the train and they gave her hints. I found it online: http://www.cookinglight.com/healthy-living/healthy-habits/how-to-find-time-to-exercise-00412000069990/

I try to walk at lunch or take a walk around the building every hour to get off my butt.  What about wearing weights while you cook and clean?  Take the stairs or the long way to someone's office.  I also go to the farthest restroom.  Do you get breaks during the day but don't take advantage of them?  Take a break and go for a walk. 

I've literally had to schedule it and make it a priority.  I still get the pangs of guilt when I feel like I really should be doing something else or something is neglected.  Something can wait 30 minutes.  He doesn't but if DH has to hang out right then and there, well he can join me :) 

• image sparklingdiamond:

Yea she just kept yelling at Tiffany and I because we had the bags of pretzels.  There was another girl sitting there eating Pringles but apparently that was okay :-/

What?!?

She seemed brisk when she walked in and like I should have known her by her name. I also noticed she was hellbent on getting good shots in the dressing room. She seemed very annoyed if anyone was in the way of the shot...or eating pretzels it seems. LOL!

I know she reads this board because she mentioned it...

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/lesalyric/15349_591037319564_25305541_34753593_3721279_n-1.jpg[/IMG]

TTC#1 since 1/2011

1/2012: Fertility workup including SA/HSG - no issues. DX: Unexplained

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

IVF#1 = BFP - ER 12/6, ET 12/11 - 20R, 15M, 14F - 2 transferred, 2 frozen

Betas: #1(9dp5dt)-50, #2(13dp5dt)-467, #3(16dp5dt)-839, #4(20dp5dt)-1825

Saw HB - 7w1d, missed m/c - 9w1d

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • image Buttercup509:
    image shortgirltx:

We are finally getting a new student assistant!  Maybe we will hire someone that will, I don't know, helps us out.  And knows the alphabet.  And doesn't ruin an entire manila envelope when taking out 1 staple.

Was your last student assisstant a kindergarten student?

Pre-K.

• image lesalyric:

image sparklingdiamond:

What?!?

She seemed brisk when she walked in and like I should have known her by her name. I also noticed she was hellbent on getting good shots in the dressing room. She seemed very annoyed if anyone was in the way of the shot...or eating pretzels it seems. LOL!

I know she reads this board because she mentioned it...

Are y'all serious??  I noticed her all up in everyone's business and thought she seemed kinda rude too.  How dare she?! 

• Sarah - wait... you're telling me that she yelled at volunteers?!  WTF?!
  • image bsn1752:
    Sarah - wait... you're telling me that she yelled at volunteers?!  WTF?!

Volunteers who were working through lunch and just wanted a damn pretzel!  ;)

• image Tiffany618:

image bsn1752:

Yep! We were standing at the entrance to the dressing room... Lacey was mid-sell with a girl and asked me bring her a snack so I had her pretzels, my pretzels and a glass of water for her in my hand.  (There was a water machine INSIDE the fitting room I later realized)

Amy walked by and snapped us .... "Girls... you can' t have that in here" ... meanwhile, like Sarah said, another volunteer was sitting right next to us with a container of cheese pringles and she didn't say a word.   Cheesy fingers!!!   All we had was pretzels.  :-/

Ho-ly crap.  How freakin' rude!  I would have said "Well, I'm starting my un-paid lunch break.  Wait, I'm not getting paid at all, this is a VOLUNTEER position."  It's even worse because you all volunteered to stay all day and help break down!  How ungrateful can one be?!

Luckily the experience is so great because I don't see how any one would want to volunteer for someone like that.

• image shortgirltx:
    image DFWIndian:

Does anyone have work out tricks. Between traveling 3 hours a day to and from work, cooking, cleaning, post wedding stuff, and trying to get some sleep I have no time to work out. Is there anything you guys did/do?

Cooking Light is doing 12 healthy habits for 2011 and one month was to add exercise and one of the participants has a very long commute on the train and they gave her hints. I found it online: http://www.cookinglight.com/healthy-living/healthy-habits/how-to-find-time-to-exercise-00412000069990/

I try to walk at lunch or take a walk around the building every hour to get off my butt.  What about wearing weights while you cook and clean?  Take the stairs or the long way to someone's office.  I also go to the farthest restroom.  Do you get breaks during the day but don't take advantage of them?  Take a break and go for a walk. 

I've literally had to schedule it and make it a priority.  I still get the pangs of guilt when I feel like I really should be doing something else or something is neglected.  Something can wait 30 minutes.  He doesn't but if DH has to hang out right then and there, well he can join me :) 

Thank you! I wanted to do just walking around the train but I thought I would be considered a crazy person. I will walk on the platform though.

• image bsn1752:
    image Tiffany618:

image bsn1752:

Yep! We were standing at the entrance to the dressing room... Lacey was mid-sell with a girl and asked me bring her a snack so I had her pretzels, my pretzels and a glass of water for her in my hand.  (There was a water machine INSIDE the fitting room I later realized)

Amy walked by and snapped us .... "Girls... you can' t have that in here" ... meanwhile, like Sarah said, another volunteer was sitting right next to us with a container of cheese pringles and she didn't say a word.   Cheesy fingers!!!   All we had was pretzels.  :-/

Ho-ly crap.  How freakin' rude!  I would have said "Well, I'm starting my un-paid lunch break.  Wait, I'm not getting paid at all, this is a VOLUNTEER position."  It's even worse because you all volunteered to stay all day and help break down!  How ungrateful can one be?!

Luckily the experience is so great because I don't see how any one would want to volunteer for someone like that.

Yeah the BABC volunteer coordinator was around and didn't seem to mind.   I guess we should have ignored her ..

Although... I only stayed to help condense the dresses to a fewer amount of racks.   I wasn't able to stay to help load up.

• image Tiffany618:

Although... I only stayed to help condense the dresses to a fewer amount of racks.   I wasn't able to stay to help load up.

I felt bad about leaving at 4, but I had a birthday party I had promised to attend in South Fort Worth and I was under the impression there were others coming later. It did seem weird to me that there were other people there with us when I know we filled the volunteer spots within an hour of them being posted. When I found out no one showed for tear down, it did cross my mind that those ladies might have been tear down volunteers who didn't really want to do tear down. /conspiracies :)

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/lesalyric/15349_591037319564_25305541_34753593_3721279_n-1.jpg[/IMG]

TTC#1 since 1/2011

1/2012: Fertility workup including SA/HSG - no issues. DX: Unexplained

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

IVF#1 = BFP - ER 12/6, ET 12/11 - 20R, 15M, 14F - 2 transferred, 2 frozen

Betas: #1(9dp5dt)-50, #2(13dp5dt)-467, #3(16dp5dt)-839, #4(20dp5dt)-1825

Saw HB - 7w1d, missed m/c - 9w1d

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • image lesalyric:

image Tiffany618:

I felt bad about leaving at 4, but I had a birthday party I had promised to attend in South Fort Worth and I was under the impression there were others coming later. It did seem weird to me that there were other people there with us when I know we filled the volunteer spots within an hour of them being posted. When I found out no one showed for tear down, it did cross my mind that those ladies might have been tear down volunteers who didn't really want to do tear down. /conspiracies :)

Yeah, I thought there was another crew too.   Plus 6 hours is a long time.  Last year I think the shifts were only 4 hours or so.

When I signed up I think 3 spots were taken.  One of them might have been Brianna.  The girl with the bandana and the two girls (sisters, maybe?) that came later were all there last year.  

• image Tiffany618:

Yeah, I thought there was another crew too.   Plus 6 hours is a long time.  Last year I think the shifts were only 4 hours or so.

When I signed up I think 3 spots were taken.  One of them might have been Brianna.  The girl with the bandana and the two girls (sisters, maybe?) that came later were all there last year.  

Don't even get me started on bandana girl.  (Retracted)

ETA: Okay, that sounds mean.  I'm sure she's a nice person.  She was volunteering, too.  I retract my mean statement.

• image serlace:
    image Tiffany618:

ETA: Okay, that sounds mean.  I'm sure she's a nice person.  She was volunteering, too.  I retract my mean statement.

I wasn't there so I don't have an opinion on bandana girl. However, I have known a couple of people that just volunteer because it makes them sound like they are good/nice people.

• image serlace:
    image Tiffany618:

Ditto.  :)

• image serlace:
    image Tiffany618:

Ditto.  ETA: Sorry about the double post. I can't delete it.  :)

• Book: I havent even started and I committed to taking my CPhT exam by Sept 2nd so I have to put my nights towards that right now.  Regarding the length I got through The Help in one week because it was soo good.  Are we going to go see the movie?

Lacey- Thank you for looking, I tried tons of searches and I thought there would be plenty but there just isnt. :(

I just got home and looked through my amazing wedding album! EEEK so happy.  I will likely look through it again in about 10 min.

• In case it wasn't apparent, you should never get married at Affordable Dreams at Bella.  OR UR WEDDING WILL BE A NIGHTMARE!

• image stephiehall:

In case it wasn't apparent, you should never get married at Affordable Dreams at Bella.  OR UR WEDDING WILL BE A NIGHTMARE!

Seriously ridiculous and most of the posters are from different states, if you are going to make up an AE to blast a vendor maybe make it seem semi legit.

• image bobbileighb:

I just got home and looked through my amazing wedding album! EEEK so happy.  I will likely look through it again in about 10 min.

Ah so exciting!  Can you post pics of it?  I'm trying to gather some ideas! :)

• image bobbileighb:
    image stephiehall:

In case it wasn't apparent, you should never get married at Affordable Dreams at Bella.  OR UR WEDDING WILL BE A NIGHTMARE!

Seriously ridiculous and most of the posters are from different states, if you are going to make up an AE to blast a vendor maybe make it seem semi legit.

Did you go to the Wedding Mapper link the poster put up?  One of the reviews (all from the name person, mind you) actually said "Bella doesn't like black people".  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!  Sounds like drama llama to me. 

I am just going through and closing all of the Bella related threads.

• image mandaroo7:
    image bobbileighb:

I have a PDF of the layout I used for proofing if you want to take a look.

• image bobbileighb:

Book: I havent even started and I committed to taking my CPhT exam by Sept 2nd so I have to put my nights towards that right now.  Regarding the length I got through The Help in one week because it was soo good.  Are we going to go see the movie?

Lacey- Thank you for looking, I tried tons of searches and I thought there would be plenty but there just isnt. :(

I'm so jealous!  I'm still waiting for mine.  I haven't heard from my photographer in quite a while... I just emailed her again to check in (for the second time since she said she was working on it - last time, no response).  If I don't get a response in a few days, I guess I'll have to call her.  I hate calling people!

• image bobbileighb:
    image mandaroo7:
    image bobbileighb:

I have a PDF of the layout I used for proofing if you want to take a look.

I want to see!  bsn 1752 at gmail dot com