July 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Dieting is hard!

The title of the post says it all.  Now that we've moved, and somewhat settled in (yes, I'm that crazy, all my stuff is done and the rest is DH's and I need direction to unpack him), I need to lose the friggin weight!  The problem is that I LOVE chocolate and foods that are bad for me.  And I have absolutely NO willpower.  How do you ladies lose it and keep it off?
image Anniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
You made my wedding day complete.

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Dieting is hard!

• So... want to take a trip to the Chicago burbs to help me unpack from last November??  (DH is like you- and was unpacked immediately...   I am not quite that together :) ). 

• I'm the same as you. I like snacks and food that isn't unhealthy. It's hard to do - and can be expensive and time consuming at times. 
    [IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/eb1yqq.jpg[/IMG]

Married Bio

my read shelf:
  • Little lifestyle changes help me.  As in pick something "small", do it consistently for a few weeks until it becomes a habit and then add another something "small".  I'm putting small in quotes because I think even the most basic changes can be hard.  
    My dietician also recommended using myfitnesspal.com.  Its free, pretty easy to use and has an app for Android phones.  It might not be perfect in terms of calories in foods (a lot of them are added by other users) but at least it makes you more aware of what you're eating/drinking.

? ?????????! Z!
    BFP #1 EDD 12/14/12, C/P 4/9
    dx: DOR
    Clomid + trigger + IUI #2
    Everyone welcome.
  • image curlylocks3:
    Little lifestyle changes help me.  As in pick something "small", do it consistently for a few weeks until it becomes a habit and then add another something "small".  I'm putting small in quotes because I think even the most basic changes can be hard.  
    My dietician also recommended using myfitnesspal.com.  Its free, pretty easy to use and has an app for Android phones.  It might not be perfect in terms of calories in foods (a lot of them are added by other users) but at least it makes you more aware of what you're eating/drinking.

I totally agree with this. Start off small, like maybe cutting out chocolate. Once you are consistently doing that for a little bit, it will become more of a habit and won't take as much willpower for you to steer clear of it. If you try to do a complete diet overhaul, you're just going to be overwhelmed and it's going to fail.

I also agree that tracking your foods is a good idea. Myfitnesspal or Sparkpeople both have phone apps and are pretty user friendly. The more you are aware of what and how much you are actually eating, the more you'll be motivated to make some changes!

Also, start adding in some small amounts of exercise too. Even if it's just a 20 minute walk around your new neighboorhood - being active is going to do wonders as well.

Good luck - you can do it!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

• I've been using www.skinnytaste.com to get ideas for meals. I've made three things so far and they have all turned out to be really yummy. She lists nutrition information and ww points for everything.

image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • image elishabelle:

I've been using www.skinnytaste.com to get ideas for meals. I've made three things so far and they have all turned out to be really yummy. She lists nutrition information and ww points for everything.

I love skinny taste!  Haven't made a bad recipe from her yet!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my read shelf:
    Jen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Anniversary
  • image jnicole922:
    image elishabelle:

I've been using www.skinnytaste.com to get ideas for meals. I've made three things so far and they have all turned out to be really yummy. She lists nutrition information and ww points for everything.

I love skinny taste!  Haven't made a bad recipe from her yet!

I'll have to check this out!  Most of my recipes come from allrecipes.com.  On allrecipes lots of people will comment on a recipe and say if they made any changes to it.  Sometimes you have to dig through the comments but often you can find people that will say what they did to make it healthier.  
    One other thing I'm trying this week is grilling up a bunch of chicken with generic seasoning and putting it in the fridge, then having it handy to add to salads, quesadillas, etc.  
    ? ?????????! Z!
    BFP #1 EDD 12/14/12, C/P 4/9
    dx: DOR
    Clomid + trigger + IUI #2
    Everyone welcome.
  • Start small like the others have already mentioned.  Cut out bad foods one by one, go for a small walk and increase your mileage little by little. before you know it, you will be running or biking instead of walking. I find it helpful to make goals, like register for a 5k.  I find it helps more to make my goals events, rather than a certain weight.  I also hardly ever weigh myself.  I also find that I need to tell people what I'm doing, it helps me stick to my goal and more determined to achieve it.

Do research about the food that you eat and what it is doing to your body.  My personal favorite is "Food For Life" by Dr. Neal Barnard.

Once you cut out the food that have addictive traits, ei. sugar, dairy, salt; you will find you don't crave them as  much.  It has to be a lifestyle change.  I went vegan in March and stick to a very strict diet, but if I want a cookie one day I eat it.  I never feel cheated. I fill myself up with good whole foods, I never get hungry.

I hope some of this helps. :)

Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic