Health & Fitness

Woke up with Knee pain but do not remember hurting it

I slept in this morning (well more like-- afternoon also for me its Sunday late afternoon) and when I got up I could barely put any weight on my right knee.  I have never had issues with this knee before.  The only thing that I can think of is when someone stepped on the back of my flip flop Friday night, I was in mid step moving kinda fast going acrossed the street and it was hard enough to brusie my foot, but my knee didnt hurt at all on Saturday.

I can sit down and move it around and no pain at all. Actual walking hurts, its not a pain that I can not handle but it does feel kinda weird. I will be calling and "trying" to get in to the doctor tomorrow.

I am just wondering if anyone else had anything like this happen?

Re: Woke up with Knee pain but do not remember hurting it

• I had this type of thing happen a month ago.  I went bowling on Friday night, woke up fine on Saturday morning, but by Saturday evening I was hobbling around like a 96 year old man.

I called my doc on Monday, and, of course, she was out of town.  When I finally saw her two weeks later it was somewhat better.  She said to give it a couple more weeks and see what happens; if it doesn't keep improving, it's MRI time.  So far it's been slowly getting better, but it's not 100%.

• As odd as it sounds, I had this happen when I tore my meniscus. I have no idea how I did it. I just woke up in pain one day.

I hope you are able to see a doctor soon! I hope it's nothing serious.

• image BlackDiamond3201:

As odd as it sounds, I had this happen when I tore my meniscus. I have no idea how I did it. I just woke up in pain one day.

I hope you are able to see a doctor soon! I hope it's nothing serious.

I did that web MD tracker thing and one of the things it pulled up was a menisucs tear, so I went googling that. I found out that the pain can show up 2-3 days later. 

I am now getting ready for bed and putting weight on it is better, but the bending motion is what is killing me.  The pain is on the shin side of my kneecap and on the sides.  I will be calling the clinic in the AM and leaving a message with my doc if I can not get an appointment.

Thanks for the input ladies!

• Regardless of what the cause is, you should consider icing it on and off all day and taking ibuprofen to reduce the inflammation.

This is what I've been doing as part of the treatment for my patellofemoral pain syndrome/possible torn meniscus.  In addition to cortisone injections, exercises, etc. 

image Daisypath Anniversary tickers