Hawaii Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Big Island Weddings?

Hey, I'm Big-Island born & raised, planning a wedding. Hawaii forums for the knot, well they are difficultly all destination advice, & I'm having a hard time finding good, affordable vendors. I only know 2 or 3 people who've gotten married, and let's just say I don't want to emulate their wedding styles...

But I do want to find a nice venue, and good vendors. I've plenty of time, so I'm trying to find cheap (but not cheap seeming) venues. No beach weddings, I'm not your typical Island girl, but big lawns and open spaces are what I'm looking for, preferably outside! Any recommendations?

Re: Big Island Weddings?

• DH and I got married at the Keauhou Beach resort on the Kuakini lawn which is oceanfront, but not on the beach.  Fantastic view, great prices and generally good service. We also had our reception there.  They did have a "coordinator" when we got married in 2004, but not sure what they have now.  All she really did was make sure we got the venue set up and walk through the rehearsal with us. 

My pics were done by Charla Photography, very reasonable.  Bob Brown of Eye Expressions is also well known for being affordable. Flowers by Lisa @ Floral Expressions.  Hair/makeup by Ginny @ Innovations Salon.

My two sisters also got married outside @ hotels (Sheraton Keauhou and Mauna Lani).   They both have great outside lawn areas.