New Jersey Nesties

Hackensack Hospital postpartum items

Hello Everyone!  I posted this on the bump, but was told I may get more answers on the nest local board. 

If you have delivered at HUMC, do you remember what items you get to take home? I have a list of things I plan on purchasing, but I am wondering if they will give it out there, ie. Witch hazel/Tucks pads, dermoplast, peri bottle, etc. 

Also if you did deliver at HUMC did they do newborn photos, if so how were they?

Thanks! 

~Declare it..Claim it..It will be!!~
imageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickersimage
5/9/09: Plans, Pics, F/S 11/10/10: BFP Chart Baby Ds Stuff & Coupons!! WTH has Obama done so far!?

Re: Hackensack Hospital postpartum items

• you can take your peri bottle, I didn't need tucks etc since I was a c/s both times. I did not have photos taken either time- the only time I was upset was with my first, but now I just have a great photographer and friend take my kids pictures instead. I don't think there is any obligation to the photos so you can have them take them and see. 

Not sure what else-

but good luck! 

Kristen(formerly kristen8/16/03, but the nest stinks and I had to change my name)Wife to Mike, Mommy to Kieran 7/25/06 and Michael 7/14/10
    The Journey of Me
    Vacation, 2011
  • They come a few times per day to see if you need to be restocked on anything (witch hazel pads, peri bottles, pads, etc..) - the first day I was honest and only said if I really needed something but the second day I asked for a few extra tucks pads and bottles to bring home with me. I didn't stock up like I was never ever going to purchase them again, but I went home with a little stash.  As for pads - they were like hamster beds - my advice I give to every mom is to go buy the Always Infiniti overnight pads - they are really thin and INCREDIBLY absorbent and were much more comfortable to wear. I also hated the mesh undies so I bought a pack of granny panties (like cotton hanes her way) that I didn't care about getting stained and I felt so much more human with those and the always pads as opposed to the mesh underwear and hamster bed, lol.

They had someone come around for newborn photos - we did them but didn't buy them, I took better ones. Honestly, the company is ANNOYING and will get to the point of basically harassing you - I declined pics but they'd call me incessantly in the year aftershe was born to try and sell me the pics, get them to come take more pics, etc... this time I am just going to decline it.

They send you home with a Similac diaper bag with a few of the 2oz. bottles of Similac and I *think* I also got a manual pump, but I can't remember.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image merry christmas from my little elves! image
  • image vicki21:

As for pads - my advice I give to every mom is to go buy the Always Infiniti overnight pads .....so I bought a pack of granny panties (like cotton hanes her way) 

Vicki that is exactly what I have already.  I can't imagine using those huge things! 

Thanks so much to the both of you for your responses! 

5/9/09: Plans, Pics, F/S 11/10/10: BFP Chart Baby Ds Stuff & Coupons!! WTH has Obama done so far!?
  • Those are the BEST!!

Good luck... I will be delivering there by next week (YAY!) so if i think of anything else while I'm there I'll let you know!

Oh - and for food... you don't pay for your meals, YH pays separately if he wants to order something. I would order soup, salad, entree, side and dessert EVERY time and we'd share it, lol... just a thought. The food is delicious and you can also order takeout/delivery from local pizza/chinese-type places.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image merry christmas from my little elves! image
  • We had the newborn pictures taken at the hospital and they came out really cute so we bought a bunch.  They are a little overpriced but they came out really cute.   The company did call me in the beginning...but I told them not to call me anymore as I wouldn't be buying anything else and they haven't called me since.

They will give you extra pads, and if you want you can just stash some everyday to take home.  I used the mesh underwear while there but didn't take any extras for at home.   I actually loved the socks they gave me after my C/S and asked the nurse for a few extra pairs and she gave them to me.   Ask the nurses for extra stuff they were all so nice!  

We took a whole bunch of diapers, blankets, and shirts from the bassinet.   They also gave us a backpack from similac and about 20 other little bottles of similac to take home as we were giving him some formula.  

• I agree with what Vicki said. and the food is very yummy there. DS' photos were awesome so we bought every single one of them, yup suckers. they were not typical hospital photos tho. he was born 9 days before xmas so they did one of him in a santa hat, a few with a football, one of him and MH and then typical baby ones on his blanket (which we brought from home). Now it could have been the person that took them that day. we could have gotten lucky!

good luck and here to an easy delivery!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image olsentobe:

I agree with what Vicki said. and the food is very yummy there. DS' photos were awesome so we bought every single one of them, yup suckers. they were not typical hospital photos tho. he was born 9 days before xmas so they did one of him in a santa hat, a few with a football, one of him and MH and then typical baby ones on his blanket (which we brought from home). Now it could have been the person that took them that day. we could have gotten lucky!

good luck and here to an easy delivery!

We had a bunch of cute hats from home and a blanket from home that we used for the photos too..so if you have stuff bring it with you as they have no props to use. 

• I also told them not ot call for addiitonal photos and they stopped. I also was a CS so other then the peri bottle I didnt take for myself.

oh and I requested enfamil so bc they tend to endorse similac they have me all the enfamil they had. we went home with about a case of it and teh similac diaper bag as well.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• This is great great info!!  Thank you all very much!

@Vicki I actually just sent you a PM about your cleaning service too!

• Congrats - I remember you from the Knot. 

I delivered in August and will be there again in November.

They did send me home with tons of tucks and spray (I still have leftover)   Cozy mesh undies - loved those! and huge pads.

Also, a similac diaper bag (small) but I use it very often. It had a few similac bottles.

For baby -  a toothbrush to brush her hair ( we still use it)   bulb to clean her nose... (returned mine)  

Hmm - think that's it!   Best of luck!  

PS - FOOD is so yummy there!