Decorating & Renovating
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Anyone here used BM Hawthorne Yellow?

I got a sample of it from SW a couple days ago (along with 4 other yellows).  On the wall, I thought it looked really nice.  Of all the colors I chose to sample, it was the most consistent around the room. 

I'm a little concerned that it is going to be too bright but the room I'm painting isn't huge and doesn't get a lot of natural light.  I'm also covering chocolate brown (not sure what the previous owner was thinking) so I think the contrast from the dark color to the light color is throwing me off a bit.  I looked at some images of it on google and the color is varying quite a bit between pics.

I had 2 gallons mixed up last night and we are painting today.  We primed last night and had the primer tinted to 60% of the real color.  After seeing the primer, I'm more nervous than ever.  Has anyone else used this color?  What did you think of it?

I was the BEST mom....until I became a mother. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone here used BM Hawthorne Yellow?

• I haven't used it personally, but I know years ago on the Nest it was a pretty popular color choice.

I also remember people complaining about how they hated the color at first, but then a few days later were in love with it. Yellow is hard. I think everyone has a love-hate relationship with it.

Case in point, my office is a shade of yellow I can't recall right now. When I first slapped it on in the bright sunny room it was like taxi cab yellow. I didn't have time for a repaint and now I love it. It looks much more gold/warm to me most of the day and esp. as it gets darker at night.

I'd paint and give it some time.

• I've got it in my dining room and I love it. It's very creamy and not too yellow if that makes sense.
    Laura & Jim ~ July 10, 2004
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    miscarriage on 11/26/09 at 5w6d
  • I just painted our sunroom this about 2 weeks ago, I was convinced it was too bright. I still think I would maybe do a little paler if I were to repaint (but I'm not going to). Definitely have to live with it though. I think it would be great in a room that doesn't get a lot of light.
  • We painted our kitchen that color and ended up painting over it because we wanted a more mustard color. It is a pretty yellow though!
  • We've used that color before.  If it helps, we thought it was too bright until we painted trim white.  Now it looks perfect :)
    image image

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers