Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

*sigh*

Today isn't going as well as I had hoped.

My test didn't go very well. I'm nervous to see my grade. And I found out that H is apparently going to be traveling a lot more frequently now. Yay. Well, guess this week gave me a good taste of what my life will be like from now on!

Trying to stay positive so I'm not in a bummed out mood when H gets home later.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: *sigh*

• I'm sorry about the news about your husband but remember the last time you didn't think you did so well on a test and you did excellent? 
  • image shortgirltx:
    I'm sorry about the news about your husband but remember the last time you didn't think you did so well on a test and you did excellent? 

This is true. However this time I know I didn't do as well as I wanted because I'm the type that goes directly to my car afterwards and looks up all the questions I was unsure of. I counted at least 5 I know for sure I got wrong.

• Sorry about your test.  That is a bummer.

On the H front, here are my thoughts and you can hate them if you want!  I am sure it is not fun to have him traveling so often, but really embrace the alone time you have.  Do things you like, but he really doesn't, pick up a hobby, get together with girlfriends.  Basically, just do you!

• image saramc27:

Sorry about your test.  That is a bummer.

On the H front, here are my thoughts and you can hate them if you want!  I am sure it is not fun to have him traveling so often, but really embrace the alone time you have.  Do things you like, but he really doesn't, pick up a hobby, get together with girlfriends.  Basically, just do you!

Agreed. Although, I'm sure that this is easier said than done. I'm sure if Brad started traveling for work I would feel the same way as you. There's no win/win here. Confused

• Don't be bummed! Enjoy him being home, and worry about the next trip when it comes.
  • Thanks ladies! Your advice is well received and appreciated!

• image rcpm44:
    image saramc27:

Agreed. Although, I'm sure that this is easier said than done. I'm sure if Brad started traveling for work I would feel the same way as you. There's no win/win here. Confused

Understood, but I can with 100% honesty say that I would love a little more alone time in my own house.  Maybe not full weeks, but I wouldn't scoff at a few days!

• I did some of this "just do you" stuff while James was gone.  I signed up for a cake decorating class at Michael's, and that was a lot of fun.  It sounds little, but I joined the book club with you ladies... had he been home, I probably wouldn't have come, but I plan to continue even though he won't be traveling anymore.  I made sure to have a once-a-week night with my sister.  Those kinds of things are things he could take or leave, but I really enjoyed doing, and it helped keep me sane.
  • image saramc27:
    image rcpm44:
    image saramc27:

Understood, but I can with 100% honesty say that I would love a little more alone time in my own house.  Maybe not full weeks, but I wouldn't scoff at a few days!

It was nice to have some alone time, I won't lie. 

I think what bothered me was I had talked to him a few nights ago and he told me his boss was talking about sending him to a bunch of major cities, (I.e. NYC, Chicago, Atlanta, etc) to talk to chefs about how they can lower their costs and he said I would be able to go with him. So, I thought that was cool and got excited about that. 

Well today when I talked to him, he said he and another guy were now going. Which, obviously means he won't be taking me. Kind of disappointed me. Not to mention, neither of us have been to a lot of those major cities, and we had planned to take trips to them in the next several years, and I was looking forward to experiencing those things together for the first time. 

Now he's going to experience it all for the first time without me. I know that sounds dumb, but ultimately, that's what has me bummed out. 

• image Summerof09:
    image saramc27:
    image rcpm44:
    image saramc27:

I think what bothered me was I had talked to him a few nights ago and he told me his boss was talking about sending him to a bunch of major cities, (I.e. NYC, Chicago, Atlanta, etc) to talk to chefs about how they can lower their costs and he said I would be able to go with him. So, I thought that was cool and got excited about that. 

Well today when I talked to him, he said he and another guy were now going. Which, obviously means he won't be taking me. Kind of disappointed me. Not to mention, neither of us have been to a lot of those major cities, and we had planned to take trips to them in the next several years, and I was looking forward to experiencing those things together for the first time. 

Now he's going to experience it all for the first time without me. I know that sounds dumb, but ultimately, that's what has me bummed out. 

I don't think that's dumb, I would be really bummed about that too!

:( 

• image Summerof09:
    image saramc27:
    image rcpm44:
    image saramc27:

This is so not dumb! This is the main reason I won't travel with some of my girlfriends. I don't want to go experience a new place without Brad; it won't be as fun. 

When I went to Orlando for a Reading Teachers conference the other teacher I went with wanted to go to the parks and such and didn't understand when I said that I didn't want to go without DH. Some people don't understand.

• It gets easier, but I'm not gonna lie, there are days that suck and you just want your DH to be home with you.  I hope it gets easier for you.  Sad  The homecomings are pretty awesome though!

Sorry to hear about your test too.  I bet you still did pretty good.

• Maybe you're jumping to conclusions - just because another coworker is going, doesn't mean that you aren't.... At least that's my guess.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.  Also, I think you should let your H know exactly why this bums you out - I think it's a sweet reason, and maybe he can talk to his boss about you getting to go, at least to some of the cooler places.  (Obviously, I'd save that convo for a different day - enjoy him being home today!)
  • image lacy1603:

It gets easier, but I'm not gonna lie, there are days that suck and you just want your DH to be home with you.  I hope it gets easier for you.  Sad  The homecomings are pretty awesome though!

Sorry to hear about your test too.  I bet you still did pretty good.

I agree with Lacy!  Try to stay positive and know that you always have all of us! :)

• Awe :(. I'm sorry. If I'm ever your way when DH is gone I'll hit ya up on fb and we can go to lunch or shopping. :)
    Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
    imageimage
  • Can you ever take off and go with your H? I travel for work occasionally and DH will go when he can. It's a nice little get away on the company's buck!
    Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
    imageimage
  • Thanks ladies, y'all are the best!

I talked to him about it and he said I can still go, but everything is so up in the air right now.

And Crystal, I don't work. I'm a full time student so it would just be a matter of missing class. Which-I am not one to miss class. Ever. So it may be one of those things where he goes and then flies me down on the weekend and we see the city. Who knows!

• image Summerof09:
    image saramc27:
    image rcpm44:
    image saramc27:

I just wanted to offer another perspective. He will be working while he is away. There will be plenty of things he won't get to see or do. Even if you don't get to go, the two of you will still get to experience those cities together for the first time. Does that make sense?