Des Moines Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Bleu Cheese

What do I do with about 1/4lb of bleu cheese? I honestly hate the taste of it, so I prefer it be as hidden as possible. We are having buffalo chicken sandwiches tonight, so other than that I am open to suggestions .

Re: Bleu Cheese

• OMG yum!  lol

I just posted a Bacon, Bleu Broccoli salad that is sooo good. 

I put it in potato salad too.

Bleu burgers

Mix it with a brick of cream cheese and a touch of ranch with crackers, etc.

put it in salads

make salad dressing... as a gift?  lol! 

I put it in mashed potatoes, on corn (although on corn its not really hidden) with green beans and almonds...

I stuff chicken with tomato, bleu cheese, and green onion mixed with Italian dressing. the flavor is mild in that recipe. 

Nobody said life would be easy. Just that it would be worth it.

[IMG] http://i42.tinypic.com/ekm98p.jpg [/IMG]
    My cooking blog: Pickle Mom's Kitchen
  • Oh and if you have any leftovers from tonight...

Ingredients

• 2 hearts romaine lettuce, chopped
    • 1 cup shredded carrots, available in pouches
    • 2 ribs celery with greens, chopped
    • 1/2 cup ranch dressing
    • 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
    • 1 package, 3/4 to 1 pound, chicken tenders, cut into bite size pieces
    • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 turn of the pan
    • 2 tablespoons butter
    • Salt and black pepper
    • 1/4 cup hot sauce

Directions

Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.

Combine lettuce, carrots and celery in a salad bowl. Combine ranch dressing and blue cheese crumbles in a small bowl.

Add oil and butter to hot pan with the chicken. Season with salt and pepper and sear for 2 or 3 minutes, then add hot sauce. Reduce heat a little and cook 5 minutes more.

Toss salad with dressing and season with salt and pepper. Top salad with Buffalo chicken and serve.

Nobody said life would be easy. Just that it would be worth it.

[IMG] http://i42.tinypic.com/ekm98p.jpg [/IMG]
    My cooking blog: Pickle Mom's Kitchen
  • Throw it away! :)

Would it work in a gourmet mac & cheese? I don't really know what blue cheese tastes like besides that I don't like it.