Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

GTKY: Favorite Thing About Summer

I am a little bored and it is pretty dead around here so I thought this might be fun.

What was your favorite thing about summer:

-As a child

-As a teenager

-Now

Re: GTKY: Favorite Thing About Summer

• As a child it was always our family vacations that we would take with 2 other families to North Carolina.

As a teenager, it was probably just being out of school (and family vacations).

Now - It kinda stinks, but I don't really enjoy summer like I did when I was younger.  There's no real time off from work, but the nice weather and cook outs with family and friends are great! 

• -As a child - Summer camps, easily!

-As a teenager - No school.  :)

-Now -  Snocones.  Yummmm!

• Vacation

Vacation

Vacation

Except for a week off, I really don't like summer that much. 

• -As a child - Getting to go spend a month with my dad in Austin. Since he was a single guy we basically ate whatever for dinner, did cool stuff at night and jammed out on guitars.

-As a teenager - Vacationing with my best friend's family in Destin, FL. All four years of high school we spent three weeks in Destin. It was awesome because her parents had a beach house and we would do nothing but chill on the beach all day and mini-golf/flirt with other vacationing boys at night.

-Now - Wednesdays on the patio at 8.0, swimming , seeing friends, watermelon.

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/lesalyric/15349_591037319564_25305541_34753593_3721279_n-1.jpg[/IMG]

TTC#1 since 1/2011

1/2012: Fertility workup including SA/HSG - no issues. DX: Unexplained

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

IVF#1 = BFP - ER 12/6, ET 12/11 - 20R, 15M, 14F - 2 transferred, 2 frozen

Betas: #1(9dp5dt)-50, #2(13dp5dt)-467, #3(16dp5dt)-839, #4(20dp5dt)-1825

Saw HB - 7w1d, missed m/c - 9w1d

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • Kid - no school

Teenage- no school and after the age of 16 I didnt have a curfew in the summer

Now- By far its the food, I love love love salads and fresh cold fruit and veggies.  A close second is the daylight hours, I get seriously sad about leaving work at 5pm and it already being dark in the winter.  Last night I left yoga at 9 and it was just starting to get dark. One of the best feelings EVER.

• I have had summer off all my life. I never took summer classes, and have never taught summer school.  I did have various summer jobs, but always only part time, and they were usually fun like camp counselor.  So summer is definitely my favorite time of year.  When I get burned out and frustrated with teaching I try to remind myself that most employers will want me to work in June and July and I just don't think that I can do that after 30 years of lazy summers Embarrassed

-As a child: camp! I went to a camp in Kerrville every year and loved it!

-As a teenager: sleeping. I would sneak out of my house and stay out with my friends until dawn then sleep all day.  My mom thought I had mono one summer.

-Now: I go to Sand Diego every year and spend a week with my BFF and her little boy. I love them and it's so nice to get out of the heat for awhile.

image my read shelf:
    Shannon (shananagins) Jones's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Child: vacation and no school Teenager: no school Now: the summer clothes, longer days, beautiful sunshine, bbqs, and just playing outside, :). I love summer in Texas. I also love floating the Guadalupe river. But we aren't going this year ;(
    Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
    imageimage
  • My favorite thing about Summer is that she is so funny and quick witted.  She makes no apologies for who she is... and I think she's pretty awesome.

Wait.  Not that Summer?  Smile

• Child: swimming and time with my friends

Teenager: Parties, friends, boys. Oh wait, that was my whole teenage years.

Now: Texas country concerts, laying out, floating the river, spending time with DH doing all the above, the wardrobe!, the relaxed feel in general, and now our wedding anniversary.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image bsn1752:

My favorite thing about Summer is that she is so funny and quick witted.  She makes no apologies for who she is... and I think she's pretty awesome.

Kiss ass. :P

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/lesalyric/15349_591037319564_25305541_34753593_3721279_n-1.jpg[/IMG]

TTC#1 since 1/2011

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • image bsn1752:

My favorite thing about Summer is that she is so funny and quick witted.  She makes no apologies for who she is... and I think she's pretty awesome.

That made me LOL! and if I could do a thumbs up on my phone I would.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • -As a child: Playing in whatever backyard water feature we had that summer.  Slip n Slide, Crocodile Mile, the old school "fan" water sprinkler, a water sprinkler with wacky hair (I am dying to find a pic...no luck), cheap inflatable pools.

-As a teenager: Summer jobs.  I know that is weird, but I always had the most fun summer jobs where I met the most fun (wild) people!

-Now: More daylight.  When the days are short, I always feel rushed at night. 

***Summer was more fun when I was younger!

NOTE:  Not that anyone cares, but here is a pic of that weird water sprinkler.

• image lesalyric:
    image bsn1752:

Um, Leslie.  I think you're pretty amazing too!

Wink

• image bsn1752:

LOL!  I kinda thought about that when I put a title on the post. I should modify the title to say Favorite Thing About Summer:  The Season or the Person.

• image bsn1752:
    image lesalyric:
    image bsn1752:

Um, Leslie.  I think you're pretty amazing too!

Wink

Ditto. **Cue Ghost Music...woooooahhhh my darling...**

LOL! Love all of you girls - you keep me sane some days and entertained every day.

TTC#1 since 1/2011

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • image saramc27:

-As a child: Playing in whatever backyard water feature we had that summer.  Slip n Slide, Crocodile Mile, the old school "fan" water sprinkler, a water sprinkler with wacky hair (I am dying to find a pic...no luck), cheap inflatable pools.

Crocodile Mile for the freakin win. I loved that thing.

TTC#1 since 1/2011

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • image lesalyric:

Weren't you always disappointed that you couldn't slide as fast or as seamlessly as the kids on the commercial?

"YOU RUN YOU SLIDE U HIT THE BUMP AND TAKE A DIVE!!!"

I usually hit the bump and landed sideways on the grass!

• image saramc27:
    image lesalyric:

Weren't you always disappointed that you couldn't slide as fast or as seamlessly as the kids on the commercial?

LOL about the bolded! Awesome!

Yes! Or there were stupid rocks on the ground that would hurt you while sliding. Lame. My little sister had a Crazy Daisy and that song always kind of creeped me out:

"Crazy Daisy's gonna get ya, Crazy Daisy's gonna wet ya!"

TTC#1 since 1/2011

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • As a kid - no school.  I wasn't a fan.

As a teenage - also no school.  And we had a pool then, so I loved that.

Now - the pool still, the daylight, and also BBQs.  I loooooove hotdogs cooked on the grill, and sausage, and burgers... so yummy.  Unfortunately, our grill SUCKS so we rarely use it, and DH doesn't want to buy a new one until he can buy The One - he wants an outdoor kitchen, but that's a ways down the road, so we're stuck with our crappy one for now.  "Because if we buy a bandaid one, we'll never get The One" he says.  Men.

ETA - we only had a slip n slide, but man, that thing was awesome.  I want one now, as an adult.  I don't have any backyard space - think the neighbors would mind if we laid it out in the front yard?!?  hahaha

• As a child- Summer's in San Antonio with my grandparents.  They had a pool and cable so we were always excited!

As a teenager- no school and the family vacations we would take.

Now- We still take a family vacation but it now depends on everyone's work schedules so sometimes we go for a week and sometimes its only a long weekend.  Schillterbaun in 2 weeks (I can't do much but it will still be a lot of fun!!!).  I also love the lake and getting to ski, tube, knee board etc.  Again not this summer so much but still just being near the water and enjoying family time

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image saramc27:
    image lesalyric:

OMG my brother and I BEGGED my parents for a Crocodile Mile. We finally got one and I was soooo ticked that I kept falling sideways into the grass!  Stupid bump.

image my read shelf:
    Shannon (shananagins) Jones's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image shananagins:
    image saramc27:
    image lesalyric:

OMG my brother and I BEGGED my parents for a Crocodile Mile. We finally got one and I was soooo ticked that I kept falling sideways into the grass!  Stupid bump.

Yes! This always happened to me too. I remember concentrating so hard to not fall into the grass.

• As a child - No school and family vacations

As a teenager - No school, sleeping all day, and vacations

Now - I love all the summer fruit.

• As a child- I can't remember much from that time in my life but I know it wasn't exciting- we never really went anywhere and vacations consisted of visiting family in Fort Worth.  

-As a teenager- that I got to watch soap opera's, LOL.

-Now- I'm with Lauren, they stink.  But I agree about the produce comment.  The TV shows are great too; I caught up on Rizzoli and Isles this weekend and can't wait for it to start.