Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Re: OL Tuesday

• Does anyone know where I can see kid friendly fireworks?  I need them to be silent.
  • image bsn1752:
    Does anyone know where I can see kid friendly fireworks?  I need them to be silent.

Press the mute button on your TV.

• Dear Hair Magician-

This is the BEST haircut and color I have had in a long time.  I could just kiss you! 

-Your beyond satisfied client

• image shortgirltx:

image bsn1752:
    Does anyone know where I can see kid friendly fireworks?  I need them to be silent.

Press the mute button on your TV.

LOL! I feel a little bad that we were all snarky about it, but geez - don't make a new post about something that was already posted!

Oh hey - this is OL - maybe we should write some letters.

Dear Costco - Get ready. - New member as soon as I can talk DH into it Leslie

Dear DH's boss - I am glad you love DH enough to want to come to our house and pick us up and take us to dinner while you are in town, but I really wish we could just meet you somewhere. The house cleaning I need to do today doesn't mesh well with the cookie order I have due tomorrow. - DH's wife

Dear Self - McGriddle = death. You have to stop, even once every two weeks is too much. - Leslie

Dear McGriddle - Why are you so damn good? - Leslie

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/lesalyric/15349_591037319564_25305541_34753593_3721279_n-1.jpg[/IMG]

TTC#1 since 1/2011

1/2012: Fertility workup including SA/HSG - no issues. DX: Unexplained

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

IVF#1 = BFP - ER 12/6, ET 12/11 - 20R, 15M, 14F - 2 transferred, 2 frozen

Betas: #1(9dp5dt)-50, #2(13dp5dt)-467, #3(16dp5dt)-839, #4(20dp5dt)-1825

Saw HB - 7w1d, missed m/c - 9w1d

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • image saramc27:

Dear Hair Magician-

This is the BEST haircut and color I have had in a long time.  I could just kiss you! 

Dear Sara,

Your hair did look very nice on Saturday. Not at all like Ricky Ricardo or Johnny Cash, which is hear is a blessing in the hair dying realm.

Leslie

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/lesalyric/15349_591037319564_25305541_34753593_3721279_n-1.jpg[/IMG]

TTC#1 since 1/2011

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • Dear Leslie,

I love Costco!  I use to love Sam's but Costco is amazing IMO!!!  DH has a membership for work and I love it.

-fellow Costco fan-

Dear DH,

I'm still not completely over what you said last night.  I don't feel like I can talk to you about being pregnant now.  I know you said you were sorry but I felt like you did it just to get me to stop crying.  I really hope you just had a lapse in judgement with your comment and that you don't make anymore comments like that again.

-still puffy from crying myself to sleep-

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image lesalyric:
    image saramc27:

Dear Hair Magician-

Dear Sara,

Your hair did look very nice on Saturday. Not at all like Ricky Ricardo or Johnny Cash, which is hear is a blessing in the hair dying realm.

Leslie

Why thank you!  And whew...no Ricky or Johnny!

• image danac2010:

Dear Leslie,

I love Costco!  I use to love Sam's but Costco is amazing IMO!!!  DH has a membership for work and I love it.

-fellow Costco fan-

Dear DH,

I'm still not completely over what you said last night.  I don't feel like I can talk to you about being pregnant now.  I know you said you were sorry but I felt like you did it just to get me to stop crying.  I really hope you just had a lapse in judgement with your comment and that you don't make anymore comments like that again.

Dana,

#1 - Cool!

#2 - This upsets me. PM me or FB message me if you want to talk about it.

Leslie

ETA: People - Costco has both a $479,999 ring and caskets. How is this not the coolest store ever?

TTC#1 since 1/2011

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • msealemseale member
    Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Love Its Name Dropper

Dana,
    Oh no.  Hope y'all move past it.   I know my DH says things that are outrageous to me (at times), but I know he doesn't mean it the way I took it.

Mandaro,
    Are you and DH doing better today?

Leslie,
    I hear Costco is awesome, but it is to far away from me.  There are 3 Sams clubs about 15 minutes from my house in 3 directions.  Makes it easy to get to one whenever I need to.

Dear self,
    Yikes, you're 30!!!

Our last sunset in Hawaii... Honeymoon 2010
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker

Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
    IUI - 10/29/2014, BFP! EDD: 7/22/2015
  • Dear pants-

It's so nice that you aren't so tight.

Dear bras-

Two of you have died in the last 4 days.  Now I have to go replace you.  Thanks a lot.  Stupid underwire.

Dear 5 pm Thursday-

Please get here fast, really fast.

• Dear Michelle -

Happy Birthday!

- Me

• msealemseale member
    Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Love Its Name Dropper
    image lesalyric:
    image danac2010:

Dear Leslie,

-fellow Costco fan-

Dear DH,

Dana,

#1 - Cool!

#2 - This upsets me. PM me or FB message me if you want to talk about it.

Leslie

ETA: People - Costco has both a $479,999 ring and caskets. How is this not the coolest store ever?

I saw this weekend that they are about to start selling wedding dresses too.

Our last sunset in Hawaii... Honeymoon 2010

BabyFruit Ticker

Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
    IUI - 10/29/2014, BFP! EDD: 7/22/2015
  • image bsn1752:

Dear Michelle -

Happy Birthday!

- Me

Co-signed Leslie

Dear Michelle Again - I have the same issue with Costco, but we only go to Sam's once a month anyway, so I am willing to drive the extra 10 minutes for cool stuff. - Leslie

Dear Jaymi - I had that problem with my bras too. My underwire would start poking out and it was done. After I lost weight it stopped, so I can only assume I needed a larger band size before. The girls at Victoria's kept telling me it was just the bra wearing out (after only a month?) Hope this helps! - Leslie

TTC#1 since 1/2011

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • Dear Brianna,

No, I don't know where to find kid-friendly fireworks, but I know where you can find some baby friendly fireworks. 

Dear Dana,

Sorry you had a rough night. Just remember that H's never understand what women go through carrying a baby. Emotionally, physically, mentally, or otherwise. That's never an excuse for them being insensitive, but just try and remember it's hard for him to see where you're coming from sometimes. 

Dear DH,

I miss you a lot already. But you sending me texts saying you can't wait to hear my voice and good morning texts really makes me all giddy and I love seeing texts from "hubby" pop up on my screen. I feel like we're dating all over again, and I get the butterflies in my tummy every time I check my phone and see you have left me something. 

-Summer, aka puke-worthy nestie for the day

OH and one more, 

Dear nesties,

I'm wearing a brown t-shirt with black workout capris to class and I don't really give a shiit! So, there! I got the shirt at the Cory Morrow concert and have really been wanting to wear it. And I'm totally bumming it today. And I didn't shave. So, no shorts. 

-nestie that's feeling not so coordinated today

• Dear Dana,

I'm sorry.  I hope that things will be OK soon.  Believe me I know how you feel.

~Fellow-sympathetic-Nestie

Michelle,

Yes, thanks so much for asking.  We had a great night.  Slowly, but surely! :)  Happy Birthday too!

~Appreciative-Nestie

• image lesalyric:

Dear Jaymi - I had that problem with my bras too. My underwire would start poking out and it was done. After I lost weight it stopped, so I can only assume I needed a larger band size before. The girls at Victoria's kept telling me it was just the bra wearing out (after only a month?) Hope this helps! - Leslie

This is the first time I have ever had this issue.  Everyone complains about the underwire but I've always loved them and never had problems.  Friday I was in an awkward position and I heard a pop and the same thing yesterday.  But I have been wearing these specific two for about a year and a half or so.  Good thing I was considering buying new ones anyways.

A month?  No way would I pay the money for a months worth.

• Happy birthday Michelle!  Got any big plans?
  • Amanda - 

I'm glad to hear that things are getting better!

Michelle -

Hope you have a great birthday!  Did you already have the joint party with your husband?

Dear apartment -

Next time you should believe me when I say that you didn't fix the leak.  The A/C is still leaking like crazy (after 2 maintenance guys have "repaired" it) and I can only wonder what the people below us are going to come home to.

•  Oh yes, and Michelle, Happy Birthday! Party!!!

Hope you enjoy it!

• Dear Michelle,

Happy Birthday!

-me-

Dear Nesties,

Thanks for the comments.  I know he doesn't fully understand but he has done this before so this isn't his first rodeo. It just really hurt and was totally unexpected.  If you want to know more PM or FB me.  Don't want to put too much out there.  Leslie I FB'ed you.

-me-

• image mandaroo7:

Dear Bachelorette Fans,

Can we please chat? :)

I started the thread!

• Dana - I FB'd you back again.

Someone just posted on my FB feed that they have lost 15 pounds. Normally this is cause for congrats but this girl was already so thin I don't know where the 15 pounds could have come from. Like seriously going from a 0 to a 00. She looks so bony in pictures and it makes me sad.

TTC#1 since 1/2011

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • Michelle-  Happy Birthday!

Amanda- Yay!  I'm glad things are getting better!

Dana- I'm so sorry :-(  I hope things get better!

Anniversary 
    ~TTC Buddies with akcrrr and amandaf6383~
    ~Knottie/Nestie Besties with *ecinereb* - Congratulations!~
    TTC since June 2011 dx: PCOS
    Clomid+IUI: Cancelled b/c didn't respond (June 2012)
    Femara+Trigger+IUI #1: BFN :-( (July 2013)
    Natural Cycle (8/7/13)- BFP!  Beta #1 (9/10/13): 509 Progesterone: 18.64  Beta #2 (9/12/13): 1118
    Baby N born 5/9/14
  • Michelle - Happy happy birthday!

Dana & Amanda - I'm sorry your Hs are being a pain - I hope they straighten up quick!

Dear cough - you suck.  Please go away.  I did not appreciate being unable to sleep last night because I was doubled over coughing, and just laying there wishing it was time to take more medicine.  You really really suck.

~Angie

• Michelle, Happy Birthday to You!

Dear Nesties,

In order to try to preserve my hair color, I am going to attempt to become an every other day hair washer.  I am really freaked out by this, as I have washed my hair every day since I can remember.

I am hoping on the off/no wash days, I can rock some kind of a funky/messy ponytail.

So far, I am trying hard to reduce my hair product use and keep my hands out of my hair to reduce dirt/oil.  Any other suggestions to make the transition a little easier?

-Nestie trying to save hair color and time in the morning!

• Dear Leslie,

I am seriously thinking about joining you on the costco bandwagon but I just dont know if we can afford it.  In Omaha one of my co-workers always took me with her lol.

Dear Dana,

:( I hope everything works out

Dear Michelle,

Happy Birthday, hope you have a wonderful day.

Dear Natalie,

AWWW reading that made me happy

-nestie who welcomes the occasional mush

Dear Sleep,

You have been so good to me lately which is great since the workouts are much earlier this week, I am feeling wonderful!

Dear new schedule at work,

I LOVE YOU, it is wonderful walking in when all the lights are off and the place is calm and to have some time before things really get busy.  I left you when I left my job in Omaha and I am proud it only took me 9 months to work my way back to you.

-Very Zen Nestie

Dear Wendi,

I will admit the prospect of you moving and me no longer having a before the crack of dawn workout partner made me really sad.  Both because I know it holds me accountable and most importantly I love our morning chats.

-me

• image saramc27:

Michelle, Happy Birthday to You!

Dear Nesties,

In order to try to preserve my hair color, I am going to attempt to become an every other day hair washer.  I am really freaked out by this, as I have washed my hair every day since I can remember.

I am hoping on the off/no wash days, I can rock some kind of a funky/messy ponytail.

So far, I am trying hard to reduce my hair product use and keep my hands out of my hair to reduce dirt/oil.  Any other suggestions to make the transition a little easier?

-Nestie trying to save hair color and time in the morning!

I don't know how long your hair is, but I sport braids on my "day 2" a lot. It hides some of the nastyness pretty well and keeps the hair off my face. Haha. I do a side braid, and sometimes low pigtail braids.