Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Infant friendly 4th of July fireworks

We usually spend the day in Granbury shopping and hanging out before watching the fireworks but now that we have the baby I dont want to spend the day outside and def dont want to get caught in the crazy traffic leaving Granbury afterwards.  I am hoping someone has some ideas as to where we could go and see fireworks but then not get caught in an hour of traffic trying to get out.  I am thinking maybe the Gaylord for dinner and then the Grapevine fireworks, also maybe Southlake as well but then again we would have to get there early for parking and we are in an outdoor shopping venue which is not what I want.  We are in Keller so anything from Fort Worth to Grapevine area is good.  Any ideas??
Baby <a href=BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Infant friendly 4th of July fireworks

• So basically you want some place that nobody else is going to be at?

I'm not sure I understand what you are looking for. You don't want to spend the day outside, and you don't want traffic. Hm. That pretty much narrows out all public fireworks shows I know in the DFW area.

We live in Las Colinas and they have a fireworks show that isn't too crowded. But we walk. So I have no idea how traffic is.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 99% of us here have no children, so we are not really your best bet for this question. Possibly try the DFW bump?

I did a quick google search for DFW fireworks 2011 and many lists popped up for shows in the area, so you might try that too.

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/lesalyric/15349_591037319564_25305541_34753593_3721279_n-1.jpg[/IMG]

TTC#1 since 1/2011

1/2012: Fertility workup including SA/HSG - no issues. DX: Unexplained

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

IVF#1 = BFP - ER 12/6, ET 12/11 - 20R, 15M, 14F - 2 transferred, 2 frozen

Betas: #1(9dp5dt)-50, #2(13dp5dt)-467, #3(16dp5dt)-839, #4(20dp5dt)-1825

Saw HB - 7w1d, missed m/c - 9w1d

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • There is one in Bedford every year.   It is pretty busy but nothing like Kaboomtown or other major metroplex shows' crowds.  It should be quite a bit easier to get in and out of.
  • I agree with Tiffany.  Bedford Boys Ranch has a good show.  You can park on the side streets so that getting out is a little easier.  I went a few years ago and I think it took about 30 minutes to get back to the Keller/Watauga area afterwards.  We took Cheek-sparger/Mis Cities back though so hit a few more lights than if we took a freeway. HTH
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Am I the only one that doesn't have a clue what "infant friendly fireworks" are?
  • image bsn1752:
    Am I the only one that doesn't have a clue what "infant friendly fireworks" are?

No. I was kind of wondering the same thing. I guess there are some that are super rowdy and just involve lots of sex, drugs, and inappropriate behavior. I've never been to any like that, though. I should find one. 

• image bsn1752:
    Am I the only one that doesn't have a clue what "infant friendly fireworks" are?

I thought it meant quiet fireworks, because fireworks are loud and not typically known to be good for the hearing of the baby. If that's the case you could just buy a pack of sparklers and then you won't even have to leave the house, hence no traffic issues! Two birds, one stone!

• image rcpm44:

image bsn1752:

I thought it meant quiet fireworks, because fireworks are loud and not typically known to be good for the hearing of the baby. If that's the case you could just buy a pack of sparklers and then you won't even have to leave the house, hence no traffic issues! Two birds, one stone!

How's that for an oxymoron!

• image bsn1752:

How's that for an oxymoron!

I thought the subject line was an oxymoron! Stick out tongue