Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Plans for the Fourth of July?

DH and I are still trying to figure out our plans for the 4th. We live in the South Fort Worth area. We were thinking of Lone Star Park, has anyone ever been there before? How is the firework show? Is it kid friendly? We will have our two year old son with us. We usually go to the fireworks in our city, but wanted to do something a little different this year. Have a great Monday!  TIA
Anniversary

Re: Plans for the Fourth of July?

• Lone Star Park is extremely crowded on July 4th. Like Dollar Day times ten. If this is not something you think you would enjoy, I would look elsewhere. The show is a standard fireworks show.

If you google DFW Firework Shows 2011 a lot of lists pop up which might have some good alternatives for you.

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/lesalyric/15349_591037319564_25305541_34753593_3721279_n-1.jpg[/IMG]

TTC#1 since 1/2011

1/2012: Fertility workup including SA/HSG - no issues. DX: Unexplained

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

IVF#1 = BFP - ER 12/6, ET 12/11 - 20R, 15M, 14F - 2 transferred, 2 frozen

Betas: #1(9dp5dt)-50, #2(13dp5dt)-467, #3(16dp5dt)-839, #4(20dp5dt)-1825

Saw HB - 7w1d, missed m/c - 9w1d

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • I'm a big fan of the Bedford 4thFest (Bedford Boys Ranch).

They have lots of stuff for kids (this year is carnival themed) - and you can park at Pennington Field and take the shuttle OR park in surrounding neighborhoods (just heed the signs - as some parts you can't park in) then walk a few blocks.

I've been going there pretty much every year my entire life and always enjoy the show.  They always have games/carnival rides set-up, as well as a cover band on a big stage and a car show.

DH and I will be there - entering the truck he built in the car show :)

• Thanks for the tip about Lone Star Park, we decided against that!

Wow the Bedford Boys Ranch sounds like a lot of fun! I will tell the DH about it and see what he wants to do. Our friends told us last night about the Arlington Highlands concert and fireworks that they went to last year, so we may meet up with them there.

Thank you for the information!!!  Big Smile

Anniversary