Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

XP: weekend getaway ideas

We are thinking of taking a short getaway (1-2 nights) in a few weeks.  We live in the DFW area and don't mind a bit of a drive. 

Do you have a favorite spot to go that has good activities and fun places to see with a toddler?  DH and I enjoy a variety of activities are since we are not originally from TX, we don't know many of the hidden treasures that TX has to offer.  I would love to hear your ideas for a mini-vacation.

Thanks!

[IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i248/missliz1128/thdueinjuly.gif[/IMG]

Re: XP: weekend getaway ideas

• If you don't mind a bit of a drive Fredricksburg is great.  Wineries, Enchanted Rock and fun little stores.  I've heard Granbury is a great little getaway too.
  • When I asked this question, my DH and I settled on Hot Springs for ours (but it was supposed to be more of a romantic thing and not sure how it would be with a toddler).  We're going to Vegas now, but we definitely have Hot Springs on our list for the future.  (I realize it's not Texas but it would be about the same drive as some of the other suggestions).   We took our family vacation last year to New Braunfels and had a great time, but again, not so sure about a toddler, although it made for a really fun family vacation with my daughter.  Definitely a fun vacation for the future maybe.

• I think turner falls is fun- some people stay in cabins there or camp out. I stayed at red top cabins and next day went on horse rides through cayons
  • A lot of people really dislike the Houston/Galveston area (and for good reasons), but the Children's Museum there is fantastic, and Moody Gardens is really great too. There's probably a lot to do with a toddler there.

And of course, San Antonio, Austin, New Braunfels, and Granbury are all great. In Oklahoma, Turner Falls and the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge are fun.