Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Workout shirts - what do you wear?

I'm in the market for some new workout shirts. I usually just wear old t-shirts, but they get all gross and sweaty and are kind of baggy. Any recs appreciated!
Business Cat. image

Re: Workout shirts - what do you wear?

• I also just wear old t-shirts and rubbed tanks. I'm envious of my friends' Lululemon tops, but holy crap they're expensive!
  • I recently bought a few tops from Target and Gap Body and love them, they are looser fitting. The Gap ones were marked down to $5, so I bought 3 different colors.

• I look for the Champion C9 wicking tanks and tees when they're on sale at target. I think they're usually only $10, but when they have a sale you can get them for $5-7.

I also really like the BCG brand at Academy. The ones I wear have a bit more coverage than a typical tank. It's something like this and it's great for all different kinds of activity.

• I like the razor back tank tops from Papaya.  They are usually only 4 or 5 dollars.  There is also a new store in Lakeline mall, I don't remember what it's called, but they have cheap razor back tanks as well.
    PitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I wear these http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=53934&vid=1&pid=810740&scid=810740052 I like that they have support like a sports bra (got to keep the girls supported) but aren't as hot as a shirt.
  • Anything from just a sports bra to a wicking t-shirt. I never, never, never wear anything cotton on my body when I expect to sweat. It hold water, gets stretched out, and doesn't support your muscles in the slightest. Compression garments are my favourite, especially CW-X, but sometimes I want something more relaxed.

Honestly, I do spend a decent amount of $$ on my exercise clothing though. I've tried cheaper stuff from Target, Academy, Gap but it just doesn't hold up. Not through a challenging session and not over time. 

• I'm glad you asked this question!  The t-shirts I've been wearing to spinning aren't working for me at all.
  • i got those sweat wicking racerback tanks from target, and they've lasted me a good 4 years. although, the ones at the store today all have the built in bra shelf, which doesn't help me. i prefer a real sports bra underneath.

i have spoiled myself and gotten a few lululemon tanks (wait for them to go on sale). i figured that i make my workout clothes take a beating, so i might as well get better stuff that won't fall apart easily.