Fashion & Beauty

Can I wear my silver engagement ring w/ gold jewelry?

I'm a big accessories girl, and by far my best accessory is my new, bling-tastic, white gold engagement ring!  However, most of my everyday jewelry is yellow gold, especially antique-y gold.  Can I wear my yellow gold jewelry with my white gold ring and still look put together?

Re: Can I wear my silver engagement ring w/ gold jewelry?

• I always mix gold/silver/white gold.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I always do it too.  My rings are platinum and I wear my gold or stainless/gold watch on the same hand right next to them.  My gold accessories have been getting more compliments than my silver ones this summer.  I just look at them as neutrals and try to wear more of one than the other.

• Definitely; otherwise what would you do- stop wearing yellow gold all together or not wear your e-ring so you could wear yellow gold?

I do it all of the time, I just typically don't wear yellow gold rings/bracelets on my left hand/wrist.

• image hz80408:

Definitely; otherwise what would you do- stop wearing yellow gold all together or not wear your e-ring so you could wear yellow gold?

this. it's your ENGAGEMENT RING. no one in the fashion world will ever fault you for mixing metals when the jewelry is sentimental. my wedding bands are white gold and my college ring (that I wear 90% of the time) is yellow gold and I wear them both together most days.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • image pooh8402:
    image hz80408:

Definitely; otherwise what would you do- stop wearing yellow gold all together or not wear your e-ring so you could wear yellow gold?

this. it's your ENGAGEMENT RING. no one in the fashion world will ever fault you for mixing metals when the jewelry is sentimental. my wedding bands are white gold and my college ring (that I wear 90% of the time) is yellow gold and I wear them both together most days.

Don't you know that you should have 2 engagement rings and 2 aggie rings so that you can be sure to coordinate?

• image OUKatie:
    image pooh8402:
    image hz80408:

Don't you know that you should have 2 engagement rings and 2 aggie rings so that you can be sure to coordinate?

omg, duh. I completely forgot about that.  Wink

Glenna Harding Photography