Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Hairstylist recs

I'm actually looking to just get a trim - nothing fancy, so I don't really want to spend a lot of money. Any recs you can suggest? Preferrably north if possible.

TIA!

**nestie formerly known as thegastons**

Re: Hairstylist recs

• I adore Shelly at Lush Life. http://www.yelp.com/biz/shelley-ohnstad-hazelrig-austin She charges in the 40-50 range, but her haircuts grow out really well.  Plus she has great ideas and is really good.
  • I usually get my hair cut at Kisma Salon but they're usually $35-$40 for a cut and style. They are in the Arboretum area near 183/Great Hills Trail.

When I don't want to spend a lot, I've been to Avenue Five a couple of times also and have always gotten a good result. They are students, but everything is done under the supervision of a professional stylist. It's located on Burnet, just off 183.

• Last time I got a haircut I looked at ads for hair models on craigslist. They're usually stylists finishing up an apprenticeship at salons and are offering free cuts and sometimes color. I ended up at an Aveda salon on South Congress, I got a great cut and all it cost me was a tip.
  • image KristinD3:

When I don't want to spend a lot, I've been to Avenue Five a couple of times also and have always gotten a good result. They are students, but everything is done under the supervision of a professional stylist. It's located on Burnet, just off 183.

I think I may try this! Its kinda the price range I'm looking for especially since I'm just wanting a trim. I was so spoiled before moving down here only paying $20 with tip for a good haircut from back home...

Thanks ladies!

**nestie formerly known as thegastons**
  • I recently started going to salon c i a o b e l l a and love it there.  
    Blog
    TTC #1 since February 2011
    BFP #1 1/14/12 EDD 9/24/12 m/c at 8w4d on 2/20/12
    March 2012- Dx with PCOS, started metformin
    July 2012- SA completely normal