September 2009 Weddings

What's up with all the mustaches?

Maybe this is another of those pop culture things that I just somehow missed. Why am I seeing mustaches everywhere? They're in art/prints, photo props, signs, toys for babies. I must have missed something. I tried to look it up on urbandictionary, but it didn't give me a real answer, just made me more curious.

Re: What's up with all the mustaches?

• Mustache's are awesomely bad. It's kind of like PBR (pabst blue ribbon). It is the worst beer ever, but for some weird reason is super popular w/ hipsters at and hipster bars/restaurants. As if it's trendy to like something so retro and weird. I think maybe mustache's have the same appeal.

For the record, CB LOVES having a mustache and can grow a mean one. It ruins my life. 

• Since Chris and I reconnected after high school, he has always had a goatee or a beard.  I don't think I'd have it any other way -- I do like it a lot.  The only time I dont is when he lets it get too long and it gets in the way of kissing.  Gross.
    Accidental Smiles
    updated 10.03.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I guess I get men, weird frat boys, or "hipsters" liking mustaches, but it's very weird to me that they're all over etsy and pinterest.

My poor stepdad had a mustache for like 20 years. He just finally shaved that thing off in 2007. I am anti facial hair.

• My dad's never not had a mustache, he started growing that thing right after college. My uncle shaved his off a few years ago, and I hated him without his 'stache! It looked so bizarre. But I kind of want to reserve a solitary mustache for men 50 and older.

I know what you mean, though, someone on WC a while ago had a mustache party, and while it was cute... I didn't really get it.

• I think this whole mustache thing is kind of douchey - like the people that have them tattooed on the outside of their pointer finger.  However - they do remind me of my grandfather who used to have a handlebar mustache that he'd put wax on the ends up and curl up.

"My best friend is a pitbull."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'll bet Mr. Potato head brought this trend back. He has an amazing stache.

Blog [] Planning [] Married

Charlie ? 12/11/2011

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

2012 Book Count: 16
  • image michelle142:

I'll bet Mr. Potato head brought this trend back. He has an amazing stache.

Yes That's a pretty mean 'stache, but I have to admit that I'm partial to the Ron Swanson:

http://www.gq.com/blogs/the-q/2009/12/03/bios-nofferman-pic.jpg

Epic