Fashion & Beauty

what do you wear when it's 60 degrees?

it's 100 here in oklahoma and i'm trying to figure out what to pack. we're going to seattle and vancouver in a couple of days and the temperature is supposed to be between 50-70. i usually wear boots/ leggings/ sweaters when it's that cold here but i don't want to pack a bunch of boots if i don't need them. i also don't want to be cold.

what would you pack?

?Hoping to Adopt & FTA?

Latest Post- Jessica Simpson Birthing at Home?

Re: what do you wear when it's 60 degrees?

• I also do not like being cold. Maybe you can get away with one or two pairs of boots. I don't wear boots often so I can't help you there. I suggest packing in a way that will allow you to dress in layers and get the most out of what you bring.. and get the most out of the space in your suitcase.
  • 50-70 I would not be wearing boots or coats unless it is snowing. During the day you will be fine when the sun is out. You could wear jeans or capris and a tshirt. At night you'll want pants and long sleeve or sweatshirt.
  • I usually wear layers because it can be chilly, but warm when in the sun. During the day you should be fine in jeans or cropped pants and a short sleeved shirt with possibly a removable cardigan. At night you'll be more chilly and will need long sleeved shirts or hoodies/sweaters.
  • I'm cold natured and there is no way I'd wear cropped pants or short-sleeved shirts in weather that cool. When I was in NY for Easter, the weather was just like this.

I would pack a light leather jacket, denim jacket, blazers and/or cardigans

long sleeved t-shirts, light sweaters, button down shirt/camp shirt

jeans, leggings, wrap dress

ballet flats, closed heels, loafers, sneakers

pashmina to cover my neck in case it is closer to 50.

The outfit below is my idea of a 50 - 70 degree day.

• Oh my gosh 60 degrees sounds heavenly. I'm already over summer!
  • I would probably do ballet flats or shoes/socks over boots, especially when traveling because of the bulk.  I usually wear layers....jeans with a top and a cardigan or jacket, leggings and a tunic, dress with tights and a sweater.
  • image busybodyk:

I just got back from Seattle and BC last week!  I lived in outfits like this one.  Light blazer + shirt + fun scarf + comfy flats.  

As far as what I'd change in what I packed, I brought too many winter sweaters.  The combo above really is perfect for their weather. I didn't wear any of the cute shoes I brought and instead wore the same two pairs of super comfy shoes over and over.  I could have brought more scarves since they really made each outfit since I needed a jacket/blazer everyday.

If you're going whale watching, bring long underwear.  I'm not kidding, it's freaking freezing out there on the water in a speed boat.  I wore jeans, a turtleneck sweater, my LL Bean 3-in-1 parka AND the parka they give you, plus a hat and gloves and I was SO cold.  Even DH said he was cold and he was wearing both parkas as well!

• thank you all! i dress in layers anyway so that will be easy- the only thing is that all of my shoes besides boots and flip flops are not very comfortable and cause blisters when i wear them for a long time. i have two pairs of gucci ballet flats that i've been breaking in for like 3 years and they still do.

i appreciate all of the help!

?Hoping to Adopt & FTA?

• tarheels&rebels, that is helpful- thank you!
    ?Hoping to Adopt & FTA?

• I live in the Seattle area and the PP suggestions are great. It does get pretty cool here in the morning and evenings when the sun isn't out. I'd suggest some comfy flats and light layers. I'm not sure what you're planning to do on your trip but if you're walking around a lot in Seattle we have LOTS of hills and Vancouver is a walking city so comfy shoes are super important.
  • image tct1219:

thank you all! i dress in layers anyway so that will be easy- the only thing is that all of my shoes besides boots and flip flops are not very comfortable and cause blisters when i wear them for a long time. i have two pairs of gucci ballet flats that i've been breaking in for like 3 years and they still do.

Do you wear socks with them?

• image busybodyk:
    image tct1219:

thank you all! i dress in layers anyway so that will be easy- the only thing is that all of my shoes besides boots and flip flops are not very comfortable and cause blisters when i wear them for a long time. i have two pairs of gucci ballet flats that i've been breaking in for like 3 years and they still do.

Do you wear socks with them?

no but i also don't wear them when i plan to do a lot of walking. last time we were in vancouver, i think i wore flip flops most of the time so now i'm not sure what to wear. i really don't want to wear converse sneakers every day.
    ?Hoping to Adopt & FTA?