New Jersey Nesties

How long does a Keurig last?

I bought mine at Macy's in 2008 and I think it's starting to go. I thought it would last longer than this.

Re: How long does a Keurig last?

• we don't have one but my ILs do. They got it at Xmas 2009 and have been through like 4 of them- seriously. She says the pump goes on all of them. My MIL calls the company and each time they send a new one, I dunno how they make any money.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Did you descale it? sometimes that helps. I'm on my 3rd. the 2 that broke have been replaced for free (2 at BBB and 1 through keurig)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • image debfife:
    Did you descale it? sometimes that helps. I'm on my 3rd. the 2 that broke have been replaced for free (2 at BBB and 1 through keurig)
    Mine is an older model so I don't think I can descale it. Did you get yours at BBB? I don't think I return mine because the receipt is long gone.
  • I am on my 3rd-my first went fast but I did not take care of it and Keurig replaced it. Then my second lasted about 3 years and then I replaced it with the cuisinart one and love it! BB&B will take it back and replace even without the receipt as long as you got it there. 

Try it won't hurt- 

Kristen(formerly kristen8/16/03, but the nest stinks and I had to change my name)Wife to Mike, Mommy to Kieran 7/25/06 and Michael 7/14/10
    The Journey of Me
    Vacation, 2011
  • image Kristen81603:

I am on my 3rd-my first went fast but I did not take care of it and Keurig replaced it. Then my second lasted about 3 years and then I replaced it with the cuisinart one and love it! BB&B will take it back and replace even without the receipt as long as you got it there. 

Try it won't hurt- 

I got it at Macys :(
  • call or email Keurig and explain to them how its not working. I wouldn't be surprised if they replace it or send you parts, etc. Its worth a shot.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I got mine July 2009 and it just died last week. I called Keurig twice and the second time I called they are sending me a new one and a box of my fav coffee for free. Def call them.
  • Got mine at the end of 2008 and still going strong.
  • look on the bottom- and see what the model # is and if BB&B sold it, they will still take it back- 
    Kristen(formerly kristen8/16/03, but the nest stinks and I had to change my name)Wife to Mike, Mommy to Kieran 7/25/06 and Michael 7/14/10
    The Journey of Me
    Vacation, 2011
  • We bought ours last Sept.. so not even a year and it crapped out on us.  They sent us a new part and I swear it made it worse.  I still need to call about that.. I've just been using my regular coffee pot and I actually find it easier now lol.. since i'm not working anymore and just make one pot of coffee for the morning, rather than having to make each individual cup.  Still pissed it didn't even last a year though, so I hope they replace it.
    Kristy

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Still on my first.  We've had it for 4-5 years now.  But we dont use it everyday since we both get coffee at work.
    Jen. Mommy to Renae and Jillian
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Interesting post, I have been on the fence about getting one, because the little K Cups are such a waste, I read an article in the NYT that Billions of them just sit in the landfills ( they can't be recycled yet). I had some guilt issues about it, but I do like variety of coffee, maybe now I will just stick to my pot if they aren't reliable.

• I started out loving mine so much, and now I want to throw it out the window every freaking morning! Anyway, I've had mine probably less than 2 years and am on my 2nd, about to be 3rd because this one's f'd up too. We try everything they tell us to, and it doesn't help!