Des Moines Nesties

My Shark Steam Mop stopped working :-(

I am hoping someone else has had this problem and can tell me a way to fix it. I plug it in and everything seems to work...it heats up and makes all the normal noises. The problem is that the steam doesn't come out...it pretty much stays internal and it ends up leaving puddles of water on the floor and overheating. I haven't even had it a year and dropping another $100 on a new one is not an option...this makes me sad and hands and knees scrubbing is getting old :-(

Re: My Shark Steam Mop stopped working :-(

• I have an extra. DH got me a new steam mop for Christmas so I don't use it. Want it? All it will cost you is a playdate.  :)   I think it's just the regular model though.

I'm no expert but it seems that maybe the holes that the steam come out have gotten filled with corrosion? This happened to things that I used WDM water in often. I think Ankeny's water is much better though. I wonder if you could soak the bottom in CLR??  Maybe not since it's plastic.

Nobody said life would be easy. Just that it would be worth it.

image image
    My cooking blog: Pickle Mom's Kitchen
  • ss+elss+el member

image Mrs.Reem:
    I wonder if you could soak the bottom in CLR??  Maybe not since it's plastic.

I don't have a bottle in front of me to read the cautions, but I'm pretty sure that we've used CLR on plastic showerheads before with no problem. 

• I know I use distilled water in ours so that doesn't happen.  I would try the CLR.  What is the worst that can happen?  It already doesn't work!  Or maybe vinegar if you wanted something weaker to try at first?
    BFP 11/30/08 Missed Miscarriage 1/12/09 D&C 3/4/09
    BFP 5/14/09 Natural Miscarriage 5/20/09
    BFP 10/6/09 5/19/10 James Otto

In addition to his known five heart defects, he was also born with an unknown condition, Tracheal Atresia. There currently is no treatment for this. We will love and miss you forever our sweet angel!

BFP 12/27/10 8/30/11 Catelyn Ann

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Blog

• You could try vinegar too. I would be crushed if mine stopped working!
    Happy mom to two sweet, silly boys: Cohen age 4, AJ age 2.
  • I found this thread via google.  Mine is doing exactly the same thing.  Did you ever get it figured out?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker