Toledo Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Who wants to give me opinions on my house siding colors?

Okay DH and I can't agree on anything!! I finally came up with this. We don't want the normal light tan like every other house in our area. We want something different but nice. I am going for pretty, yet "earthly" since we are in the woods. 

Here is what I have. HERE

This is pretty much what our house will look like minus a few changes (porch will go all the way to the garage and will be a wrap around. Also the stone on the 2nd level will go straight down to the porch area. And the garage will stick out a little bit from the house towards the front. Do you guys like these colors or do you think they are ugly??  So opinions please.....

HERE is another picture but I put stone on the garage rather then the siding....

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Who wants to give me opinions on my house siding colors?

• I'm not crazy about the green siding with the tan stone, maybe it would look better with gray stone? And I like the stone on the garage better than siding.
  • I like the colors even with that color stone. I think the olive green and tan stone look nice and I also like the stone on the garage.
    photo adc1b349-75aa-4c83-be65-c47ed9748932_zps1c624b1d.jpg
  • I like the tan siding best.  While I like Olive, I feel like it is trendyish and for siding I'd rather go with something that is going to be a little more timeless.  Siding isn't something you just go change for a few bucks in a few years.
    Booze, it's what's for dinner image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birth - 7 lbs. 7 oz., 20 inches 1 Month - 9 lbs., 5 oz, 21 inches 2 Months - 11 lbs., 4.5 oz, 23 inches 4 Months - 14 lbs, 1 oz, 26.5 inches 6 months - 16 lbs, 1 oz, 28.75 inches 9 months - 18 lbs, 6 oz, 29.25 inches 1 Year - 21 lbs, 6 oz, 31 inches 2 Years - 28 lbs., 37 inches
  • I think the colors go well together, and I love stone, so I'd tell you to do the stone on the garage of course. That said, I have a brick home, so I know little about siding, so is green trendy, really? What about blue siding with gray stone or keep the tan stone? Or even since you're out in the country, red siding with tan stone? You could even try a different color of window trim too. So many options, don't know how you're going to choose! Just make sure you're in love with whatever you end up with :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't think the green would be trendy at all, as long as it's not too dark of a green. We have friends with a very dark olive green house with redish shutters and that I do not care for, but it's a darker green than in the pics you sent.
    photo adc1b349-75aa-4c83-be65-c47ed9748932_zps1c624b1d.jpg