Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I'M SO BORED!!! (Poll)

1. Is your house clean right now?

2. If you eat steak, how do you like it? (rare, well done, medium, etc.)

3. Favorite vegitable?

4. Favorite memory from your wedding?

5. Got any juicy (extended) family stories?

6. Plans for Memorial Weekend?

Kaylee & Cole 06.14.08

8/6/11 First 5k! OG&E Expo Run 34:47
9/3/11 Brookhaven Run 5k 34:18
9/17/11 Healthy Sooners Fun Run 5k 33:38
10/15/11 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 33:31
10/29/11 Monster Dash 5k 32:06 PR!
11/11/11 Veteran's Day Run 11k in Dallas 1:13:15 Instant PR!
1/28/12 Texas Half Marathon 2:38:03 Instant PR!
3/25/12 Earlywine Dash

Re: I'M SO BORED!!! (Poll)

• 1. Is your house clean right now? Yes! Well, there are 2 dishes in the sink and some clean clothes that need to be folded on my bed. But, other that than, yes! :)

2. If you eat steak, how do you like it? (rare, well done, medium, etc.) Usually medium

3. Favorite vegitable? Sweet potato! I really like grilled zucchini too.

4. Favorite memory from your wedding? Something cool that sticks out to me is all the awesome toasts we got from family and our wedding party. We felt (and feel) so loved and supported. Even though we were so young when we got married, everyone supported us and said how ready they thought we were.

5. Got any juicy (extended) family stories? Not sure how true this is. My (older) cousin told me my grandparents told my mom to get an abortion when she found out she was pregnant with me. She was 19 and unmarried. I always want to ask my mom about it but I keep forgetting.

6. Plans for Memorial Weekend? Heading to the lake as soon as H gets off work! My parents took DS with them this morning so I'm just packing and getting us ready to hit the road.

• 1. Is your house clean right now? yes-just needs some tidying up.

2. If you eat steak, how do you like it? (rare, well done, medium, etc.) medium

3. Favorite vegitable? grilled squash

4. Favorite memory from your wedding? When we kissed the first time as husband and wife

5. Got any juicy (extended) family stories? I wish

6. Plans for Memorial Weekend? Tonight were going to a friends house for his birthday party; tomorrow- we got invited to another party but not sure if were going; Sunday-going to a friends house to watch the race and cook out and Monday will hopefully be a day of rest.

We were going to camp but the lake was full when we went to our favorite spots were already taken. Sad

Shop my ThirtyOne Site anytime 24/7 www.mythirtyone.com/116821
  • image kayleeb:

1. Is your house clean right now? Yes, it is. Quite clean, in fact. H is having company tonight and I wanted it to be presentable. I finally have the time to really clean!

2. If you eat steak, how do you like it? (rare, well done, medium, etc.) on the cooler side of medium rare.

3. Favorite vegetable? Lots--brussel sprouts, asparagus, tomatoes (yes, yes, I know it's a fruit but whatever).

4. Favorite memory from your wedding? The priest had us do this crossing-hand thing during the ceremony that we had not practiced. We were supposed to put the rings on and I got H's hands confused and put his ring on his right hand. No one noticed for about 2 hours.

5. Got any juicy (extended) family stories? If I did, I wouldn't share them here. 

6. Plans for Memorial Weekend? Nothing special. H's parents are going out of town and that's usually where we hang out that day, so I might just make us some goodies and then watch Netflix or something. I would totally be up for a cookout, though.

[IMG]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff75/pltollison/raptor.jpg[/IMG]
  • 1. Is your house clean right now? Mostly. Not the bedrooms, but everything else is.

2. If you eat steak, how do you like it? (rare, well done, medium, etc.) Medium rare *

3. Favorite vegitable? It's a tie between broccoli and corn

4. Favorite memory from your wedding? This is a little corny. DH and I will always squeeze each other's hand 3 times to say "I love you" or poke each other in the arm 3 times or something like that. We usually do it when we're sitting somewhere (church, movie, etc.) We've done since we first started dating. Well when we were at the alter and we were holding hands, he squeezed my hand 3 times. I was so nervous and worried about messing something up while I was in front of all those people, so it was so sweet and helped me focus more on just me and him instead of the audience.

5. Got any juicy (extended) family stories? I have a cousin who just had a baby. Cousin has very blonde hair and pale skin. Cousin's BF has very blonde hair and pale skin. Baby has super, super dark hair and a dark skin tone.....hmmm.....makes me wonder.

6. Plans for Memorial Weekend?  We're going to Arkansas with the ILs. It should be pretty fun. And I should burn LOTS of calories with all of the mountain biking and hiking we'll be doing (which will be good since today is food day at work Confused)

*ETA: Oh goodness! I like my steak medium WELL, not medium rare. Ick, I only like a tiny bit of pink, I could never eat a medium rare steak.

Kaylee & Cole 06.14.08

8/6/11 First 5k! OG&E Expo Run 34:47
    9/3/11 Brookhaven Run 5k 34:18
    9/17/11 Healthy Sooners Fun Run 5k 33:38
    10/15/11 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 33:31
    10/29/11 Monster Dash 5k 32:06 PR!
    11/11/11 Veteran's Day Run 11k in Dallas 1:13:15 Instant PR!
    1/28/12 Texas Half Marathon 2:38:03 Instant PR!
    3/25/12 Earlywine Dash
  • image kayleeb:

1. Is your house clean right now?

yes, mostly because we have a realtor coming in an hour and one just left. Well, except for the lunch dishes, but I am still eating lunch then I'll clean them.

rare usually, sometimes medium rare

3. Favorite vegitable?

green beans

h and I were feeding eachother chocolate covered strawberries and when I bit mine, the chocolate fell down my dress. I looked to get it out, and didn't see it and h said he'd get it later :)

5. Got any juicy (extended) family stories?

I have an ancle. My aunt became a man. I love him the same but it causes some drama for sure!

I have a baby shower to go to tomorrow and the rest of the weekend will be spent getting the house ready to list next week

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • 1. Is your house clean right now? Yup - well, besides my bathroom. I need to clean the tub and the sink. The rest of the place is clean though.

2. If you eat steak, how do you like it? (rare, well done, medium, etc.) Medium well. Sometimes, I'll eat it medium. Yum...steak...

3. Favorite vegitable? Whole green beans or asparagus.

4. Favorite memory from your wedding? Oh gosh...probably actually being married and our first kiss as Mr. and Mrs. Our wedding day was a huge CF.

5. Got any juicy (extended) family stories? I've got tons from my recent visit to NC. The most juicy one I can think of: one of the girls my dad dated when he was like, 15, is still very close to my grandmother and came down with her for my grandfather's funeral. She hit on my dad [and my sister and I saw her do it, and my mom wasn't around] - then hit on my uncle, who's separated from his wife and apparently has a girlfriend. I was only in NC for like, three days, but I found out a LOT of ish.

6. Plans for Memorial Weekend? We were supposed to spend the weekend in Dallas, but my mom waited too late to reserve space to board our dogs and couldn't get them in, so that got scratched. We'll probably take JJ to the Wichita Mountains tomorrow morning, and I'll probably go see a movie with my sister on Sunday. I need to grocery shop, get my nails done and finish planning the Vegas trip, too. And find a new hard drive for my laptop [boo].

[url=http://charmedkindoflife.blogspot.com/].:.Charmed Kind of Life [2.17.13].:.[/url]
  • 1. Is your house clean right now?  The kitchen is, the rest is a work in progress that I'll get back to when I stop nesting Smile

2. If you eat steak, how do you like it? (rare, well done, medium, etc.)  Well done. I'm not a steak person at all.

3. Favorite vegetable?  A tie between corn and potatoes.  I <3 starch.

4. Favorite memory from your wedding?  I have a couple...seeing DH for the first time at the end of the aisle and us mouthing "I love you" to each other once we were standing together.

Also, after the ceremony was over we went to the chapel's office while our guests cleared out of the chapel and into the reception area.  The first thing DH said was "you're so beautiful".  Then he asked if I thought we had time to lock the door and "celebrate"--typical DH Wink

5. Got any juicy (extended) family stories?  Ugh...DH's cousin is BSC. She's 22 but acts about 12...has a 2 year old and a BF who gets all of her attention instead of her baby.  There's so much more to it, but she's just clueless *sigh*

6. Plans for Memorial Weekend?  Possibly a cookout with friends if they have their annual get together like usual, other than that maybe dinner and a movie with DH if he's not working all weekend.

• image kayleeb:

1. Is your house clean right now? I hope so, my kids have started their summer break and that is the way they pay for their cell phones.

2. If you eat steak, how do you like it? (rare, well done, medium, etc.)Don't really like it. But if I had to eat it, it would be well done

3. Favorite vegitable? Fried Zuchini(sp)

4. Favorite memory from your wedding?I can barely remember it. Is that sad?

5. Got any juicy (extended) family stories?My cousins were facebook fighting the other day. It was really funny!

6. Plans for Memorial Weekend?I have to make up classes on Saturday, Church on Sunday, and I finished my homework so I can sit around and watch movies on Monday.

• image kayleeb:

1. Is your house clean right now?  Hells yes it is!!  I have been a cleaning maniac today and it feels great!

2. If you eat steak, how do you like it? (rare, well done, medium, etc.)  Rare

3. Favorite vegitable? anything with a potato

4. Favorite memory from your wedding?  My dad got me up to the altar. I looked at DH and he was bawling like a baby.  He gave me a kiss (the congregation snickered loudly), I looked at my dad and he had one little tear rolling down his cheek.  I said "What the heck is wrong with you two???"

5. Got any juicy (extended) family stories?  A family member cheated on his wife and this affair resulted in a baby. The baby mama was married as well.  Baby mama passed child off as her husband but when child was 11, husband found out and killed the mom and then himself.  This is some true sh!t.

6. Plans for Memorial Weekend?  NONE!!!!

• image stripesandspots:
    image kayleeb:

5. Got any juicy (extended) family stories?  A family member cheated on his wife and this affair resulted in a baby. The baby mama was married as well.  Baby mama passed child off as her husband but when child was 11, husband found out and killed the mom and then himself.  This is some true sh!t.

Indifferent
  • llizzybllizzyb member
    Sixth Anniversary

1. Is your house clean right now? Yes

2. If you eat steak, how do you like it? (rare, well done, medium, etc.) I only eat steak about twice a year, but I like it medium.

3. Favorite vegitable? Grilled or roasted asparagus, carrots

4. Favorite memory from your wedding? Seeing DH in the auditorium before the ceremony. I'm a huge fan of seeing each other before the wedding.

5. Got any juicy (extended) family stories? Not on my side, but DH's side has some good ones. They're not mine to share, unfortunately.

6. Plans for Memorial Weekend? Going to Texas to visit family and friends.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Is your house clean right now? Average. I tried to mop the floor this morning, but my steam mop is broken. I need DH to get home and fix it.

2. If you eat steak, how do you like it? (rare, well done, medium, etc.) Medium

3. Favorite vegitable? Green beans and/or corn

4. Favorite memory from your wedding? Getting ready to walk down the aisle.

5. Got any juicy (extended) family stories? Found out today that when my cousin was around 17 or 18, he peed his pants on a golf course with my grandpa. Yikes. Never knew that one. Not sure if I needed to know it either.

6. Plans for Memorial Weekend? Heading to Dallas tomorrow to chill by my parent's pool all weekend, and the Rangers game Sunday.

Books read in 2012: 49
    my bookshelf!
    Katie (gingerfeathers)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Bloggy
  • image kayleeb:

1. Is your house clean right now? It's relatively picked up and I've mopped, swept and dusted within the last couple of days.  I wouldn't be embarrassed if someone rang the doorbell.

3. Favorite vegetable? zucchini, squash, red bell pepper, and tomatoes.

4. Favorite memory from your wedding? H started crying when he said his vows.  It was the sweetest thing I've ever seen.  I've seen him cry twice in our life. 

5. Got any juicy (extended) family stories? SIL is getting into some drug use.  Asked if we wanted in on it.  NO...just no. 

6. Plans for Memorial Weekend? Lake Saturday and Sunday with family = naps, life jacket diapers, beer, cruising in the boat and really good food.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 1. Is your house clean right now? No, but not disgustingly dirty either.

2. If you eat steak, how do you like it? (rare, well done, medium, etc.) medium rare to medium

3. Favorite vegitable? broccoli...preferably cooked with cheese

4. Favorite memory from your wedding? Our dj had us a do a game where DH and I sat back to back, each holding a Ken and a Barbie doll. He asked us questions like "who's the better driver" and "who wears the pants in the family" and we each had to hold up the doll representing our answer. Our guests thought it was hilarious.

5. Got any juicy (extended) family stories? not really

6. Plans for Memorial Weekend? go to the Paseo Arts Festival and maybe bowling. If the weather's nice, we may go hiking in the Wichitas or Arbuckles.

image image
  • image Steven&Jamie:
    Also, after the ceremony was over we went to the chapel's office while our guests cleared out of the chapel and into the reception area.  The first thing DH said was "you're so beautiful".  Then he asked if I thought we had time to lock the door and "celebrate"--typical DH
    H said the same thing when our guests were going from the ceremony to the reception and we went upstairs ;)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • image Steven&Jamie:
    image stripesandspots:
    image kayleeb:

Indifferent

IKR? This happened probably 20 years ago.  I found out about it two years ago.  And!!!  A girl I work with - totally totally random - lived down the street from the entire murder/suicide mess.

Thankfully we don't ever talk to these people. But seriously, how could you live with yourself?!?

• 1. Is your house clean right now? Yes

2. If you eat steak, how do you like it? (rare, well done, medium, etc.) I'm a vegetarian

3. Favorite vegitable? Zucchini

4. Favorite memory from your wedding? Our ILs got us a limo and after the ceremony the driver took DH and I for a little drive. There was a stocked bar, but DH and I went straight for the iced cold cokes! It was nice having a few moments with DH before we hit the reception.

5. Got any juicy (extended) family stories? Found out on Facebook that one of DH's cousins is getting divorced, seeing someone knew, and recently discovered a love child from a long ago relationship. I think he might be at the BBQ at inlaws on Monday.

6. Plans for Memorial Weekend? Stopping by the ILs. I am planning  on taking a xanax for sure. 

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
  • 1. Is your house clean right now? 
    Yes!  I cleaned yesterday thanks to an unexpected short day at work! 

medium rare.  I used to only like well done, but DH had me try his one day medium rare and it was fabulous!

3. Favorite vegitable?
    asparagus.   

When I 'threw' my bouquet...it went maybe a foot...I had to try a second time

5. Got any juicy (extended) family stories? I have a cousin (by marriage...not blood related) who got pregnant at 15, the baby is in joint custody of both sets of grandparents (the baby daddy's parents and her parents) she wants nothing to do with it.  She just had another baby.  I think she still has custody of this one.  You'd think she'd figure out how to not have kids since she didn't care for the first one...

Nothing.  I'm working Monday. boo! 
  • 1. Is your house clean right now? It's not filthy but I certainly wouldn't want someone dropping by.

3. Favorite vegitable? Asparagus, Squash, Eggplant, I love veggies!

4. Favorite memory from your wedding? Seeing my hubby choke up as I was walking down the aisle

5. Got any juicy (extended) family stories?  All the time....

6. Plans for Memorial Weekend?  Sleep and work

• 1. Is your house clean right now? No. I picked up a bit, but we are in the process of getting rid of junk so it's mostly messy.

2. If you eat steak, how do you like it? (rare, well done, medium, etc.) medium

3. Favorite vegitable? potato

4. Favorite memory from your wedding? Seeing the smile on H's face when I walked down the aisle and our first dance. Our dance was really funny.

5. Got any juicy (extended) family stories? My cousin's dad is not his biological father. He is 22, but I'm not sure if his mom has actually had a talk with him about it. Pretty much all of my family knows. We are the same age and I think I knew before he did. If his mom hasn't talked to him, I'm pretty sure he figured it out. His grandma sends him gifts and they communicate often. It wouldn't be hard to realize that something was out of place.

6. Plans for Memorial Weekend? We didn't have anything m ajor planned. H was off for the weekend. I was glad I got to spend time with him.